Principal Consultant2018 - PRESENTAnalytics Strategies LLC
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Python, R
- Developed logistics models for a complex supply and demand network using open source linear and integer optimization tools and Python.
- Worked with stakeholders throughout a division to provide custom analytics and ML solutions to a variety of business needs.
- Worked with HRIS data, analysis, and ML to identify bias in an organization's pay.
- Developed a churn model for a lead generation product that informed business decisions.
- Understood customers business needs and quickly delivered on their top priorities.
Data Scientist2017 - 2018Mashey
Technologies: PostgreSQL, SQL, R, Qlik Sense
- Used machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to provide insight into key business problems.
- Developed descriptive analytics tools to meet customer needs in healthcare, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Supported a data warehouse design and build for a large retailer.
- Gathered requirements and developed an optimization tool for a healthcare customer.
Algorithm Developer2016 - 2017Self
Technologies: Python, Java, R
- Used trading tools, Java, and R to extract and analyze price and indicator data.
- Implemented the resulting algorithm using Python and a REST API connection to the broker.
- Developed a philosophy for how to approach time series problems in a computationally manageable way.
- Improved data cleaning and data science skills.
Graduate Student2010 - 2016University of Michigan
Technologies: Research, Mixed Integer Linear Programming, Linear Programming, Optimization, C++
- Built probabilistic models of inventory problems commonly faced by manufacturers and distributors.
- Used stochastic optimization and auction theory to create provably effective algorithms. Coded the resulting algorithms to demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of the models in practice.
- Developed advanced analytics skills including business acumen, requirements gathering, and analysis skills.