Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Director of Talent Supply, you will lead the strategy and execution for targeted growth of our freelancer talent community in order to meet the needs of our client demand across multiple verticals with both speed and quality. You will work cross-functionally with a number of stakeholders to monitor and respond to shortages/surpluses in our supply of in-network freelance talent. You will develop systems to help us become more efficient in how we recruit and retain freelance talent and utilize data to address shortages in our talent pool. The optimal processes and feedback loops you develop will lead to a healthy talent supply.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for building and executing a strategy to effectively acquire talent to meet the speed and quality expectations of our clients. Your strategic and analytical thinking will contribute to the formulation of unique solutions to streamline processes that result in efficient means to attract and acquire talent under expanding vertical and specialization scenarios.
Your role will require you to lead a global team and provide informed direction to our Growth, Marketing, and Brand teams to dramatically scale the inbound funnel. You will prioritize the different methods of talent acquisition to match the spectrum and complexities of current and projected talent supply gaps. The landing pages and site resources you develop with Product will contribute to attracting and retaining targeted talent. You will collaborate with our screening teams to optimize the supply chain for sourced talent. Your strong relationships with our VPs of Enterprise and Sales will be critical to meeting company objectives.
Your success will be measured by exceeding established KPIs designed to ensure that our high standards for speed and quality are consistently met.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month you will:
- Complete a current-state assessment of the structure and functions in your area of responsibility.
- Work with the VP of Talent Operations to review and update Quarterly OKRs for the Talent Supply function.
- Gain a deep understanding of the supply/demand dynamics within Toptal.
- Define/refine KPIs as measures of team success.
In the first three months you will:
- Assess, develop strategies, and execute upon a new structure for efficiently sourcing talent that is adapted to the specialized needs of the Enterprise and SMB business lines.
- Develop and mature feedback loops between the Talent Supply team and other stakeholder teams that are external to Talent Operations.
- Evaluate and expand training resources for the Talent Sourcing team.
- Track and evaluate the performance of the acquisition channels.
In the first six months you will:
- Optimize channels for Talent Supply to meet changing demands.
- Stabilize and adapt Talent Supply strategies to accommodate expanding verticals.
- Successfully utilize and expand various demand forecasting models to prioritize Talent Supply efforts.
In the first year you will:
- Strengthen the infrastructure within the Talent Supply team and its processes for long-term scalability and client satisfaction in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and coaching a successful global talent acquisition team sourcing international freelance/contract talent.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize forecasting tools to set the strategic direction for a sourcing team to ensure a healthy pipeline of candidates to meet expected client demand.
- Capability to develop strategic frameworks that consider process improvements and financial impact in a growth environment; leverage best practices found in fields like economics, analytics, growth, and finance.
- Proven ability to develop strategic frameworks for talent acquisition involving multiple, diverse verticals.
- Toptal is Tech company; you will need to be able to develop requirements and interface with our Product team.
- Success with sourcing and identifying optimal candidates for unique and specialized job specific needs.
- Experience developing and working in a metrics-driven environment with success in developing methods to achieve KPI expectations.
- Ability to lead a global team, providing motivation and clear direction to meet expectations by instilling accountability for quality and a sense of urgency.
- General knowledge of skills and attributes required of candidates being sourced for Developer, Designer, Finance, Project Management, Product Management, and Marketing roles.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environments.
Self-motivated and directed.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #smbeast #europe #canada
Anywhere (full remote)