Enterprise Sales Executive, Health & Life Sciences - US-Based
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and team members based around the globe, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote workforce.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an Enterprise Sales Executive on our Health and Life Sciences (HLS) team, you will build a portfolio of clients by prospecting, pitching, negotiating, and closing new accounts. As client needs arise, you will identify opportunities to engage our network and position Toptal as a strategic talent partner. As you grow your portfolio to $5M, $10M, and $15M+, you will unlock the ability for your clients to assemble highly skilled, remote, technical teams that can execute sophisticated projects, and bring to bear the power of a blended workforce to ensure mission-critical business objectives are accomplished on time and under budget.
Toptal is changing the way that companies build their teams with a global, remote network focused exclusively on top talent. We reject more than 97% of the developers, designers, and others who apply to become part of our network, allowing us to match clients with better talent faster than anyone else. Our proprietary tools and systems drive a differentiated talent acquisition experience, and we continue to push our frontier from staff augmentation to project-based services work.
If you have a relentless commitment to quality and are impatient with the typical pace of progress, Toptal offers a different kind of place to build a career. Our team is direct, data-driven, and hyper-focused on results. We have a bias for action in identifying and solving problems and believe that effective collaboration is a prerequisite for achieving anything meaningful. The pandemic trend toward remote work bent the shape of Toptal’s growth curve sharply upward, and we are confident that our quality-focused model will allow us to capture an increasing share of a massive addressable market. Come grow with us as we build a new way for companies to find and work with the world’s top talent on demand.
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants and the person in this position to reside in-market. We do not offer visa sponsorship or assistance. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US at the time of hire. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The following information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or required skills.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with your Director to establish a portfolio strategy and build account plans.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate Toptal’s capabilities, and identify where we can help organizations in your territory plan.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Conduct research and outreach through multiple channels to uncover new business opportunities within your accounts and drive sales pursuits with cross-functional Toptal teams.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the negotiation of contracts, work collaboratively with clients, and help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and business specialists.
- Provide consultation or advice to management on policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and support for the planning of long term or short term business objectives or initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Have an initial base of active clients, while continuing to build your overall portfolio.
- Develop a network of client relationships and build a foundation of advocates and sponsors to expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts in alignment with your portfolio strategy.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built a list of incredible client accounts, advising them on how to utilize our talent network to build world-class distributed teams and increase efficiency.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, teaching them about Toptal, our model, and how to successfully grow their territory.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in your region, and use the full suite of capabilities that Toptal has to offer.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Extensive experience in engaging and selling Consulting or Managed Service solutions, particularly within Health and Life Sciences organizations.
- Proven track record in full-cycle sales of large, complex, multi-phase, managed technology projects to enterprise clients with $2B+ in annual revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A well-rounded understanding of emerging technologies and ability to have an informed discussion about software delivery and development concepts with prospective clients.
- Ability to build and execute territory plans that lead to consistent portfolio growth and a healthy pipeline.
- Proven success in prospecting, running virtual sales calls, and leading sales pursuits backed by a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience negotiating complex service agreements with procurement and legal departments within enterprise accounts.
- Regular or periodic travel to meet and engage with Toptal clients and customers both inside and outside of your geographic location.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and handle a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a diverse array of contacts.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Essential Job Functions
- Regularly and reliably attend scheduled virtual team meetings on camera.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Use all required digital collaboration tools.
- Prioritize and self-manage workflows and deadlines.
US FLSA Classification: Full-Time/Exempt
The US-based salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 - $180,000 per year. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
This position is also eligible to earn commissions based on revenue generated from engagements sold and a discretionary bonus.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Please note that the US-based salary range does not include the value of Toptal’s benefit offerings. In the US, Toptal’s benefit offerings include participation in a 401(k) retirement plan; medical, dental, and vision health insurance plans; basic life insurance coverage and short-term and long-term disability coverage; access to flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts; access to telehealth virtual doctors; an employee assistance program; and flexible paid time off.