Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal’s Growth Lead for Toptal Developers, you will be responsible for leading Toptal’s Developer vertical growth strategy. You will be responsible for creating, driving, and managing high-impact growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including digital marketing, SEO, product, and more. You will work with a high-energy team of engineers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, product managers, and growth experts to envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize large-budget initiatives designed to reach companies looking to hire elite software engineers. You will work with Toptal’s Head of Growth to set Toptal’s long-term growth strategies and guide the company’s growth trajectory to new inflection points.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the Growth Team and key stakeholders across the company to set and execute the strategy and roadmap for Toptal’s long-term growth in the Developer vertical.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on the Developer vertical strategy.
- Drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including SEO, SEM, Display, Social, landing page conversion optimization, etc.
- Create well-reasoned growth hypotheses and conceive, execute, and manage experiments to test those hypotheses.
- Become familiar with all sources of growth data and quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of growth initiatives with extreme detail.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the target client persona and communicate it effectively across the growth team.
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing or product. You should have experience with SEO, SEM, Paid Social, and conversion rate optimization.
- Experience developing and executing large strategic initiatives.
- Deep understanding of the software engineering space and the needs of clients looking to hire elite software engineers.
- Strong, analytical background in a STEM field.
- A lean, data-driven mentality and a strong bias for A/B testing and experimentation.
- Be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- Be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a hyper-growth company while whole working with a team of engineers, designers, and growth experts.
- You must have a strong bias towards action and a competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.