Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an Editor for the Toptal Product Management Blog, you will be responsible for ensuring the Toptal Product Management Blog grows as a world-class publication for top Product managers. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Product Management Vertical Lead and Toptal’s global network of top Product managers to write and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the Product management space. You will be responsible for developing and executing the publication’s topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high quality bar for all articles, and guiding the direction of the Toptal Product Management Blog as the top Product management publication on the internet.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will research and analyze the work of leading Product Management publications and execute on the publication strategy for the Toptal Product Management Blog. You will work with top Product Managers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in Product Management. You will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal Product Management Blog study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar. You will work with Product Managers to showcase their expertise in a world-class publication designed for an audience of other Product Managers. You will stay on the cutting-edge of design industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought-leaders in Product Management.
In the first week you will:
- Learn about Toptal’s Product Management offering and help develop the voice for the Publication.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month you will:
- Work with top Product managers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in Product management.
- Work with Product managers across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual), designed for an audience of other top Product managers.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Product Management study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for Toptal Product Management Blog.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with the Lead Editor for Toptal’s Product Management Blog and the Head of Publications on distribution techniques to grow impact.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months you will:
- Help to scale up the cadence and visibility of the Product Management publication.
In the first year you will:
- Support a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- First and foremost, you must come from a Product Management background with a knowledge base to be a thought-leader in this space.
- Strong knowledge of important trends at the top of the Product Management world.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a superb command of the English language.
- Must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI