SEO Product Manager
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We’re looking for a Growth Product Manager, SEO, to join Toptal’s Growth team! Are you passionate about owning the very top of the funnel, increasing quantity and quality of client prospect traffic to the website?
Our PM, SEO will partner with all parts of the Growth team as well as design and engineering teams, to conceive and execute growth initiatives and new product tests. In any given week, you may be implementing a new set of landing pages, executing SEO-focused tests on the Toptal site, or performing deep analysis on CTR user behavior from AB test results on SERPs.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Collaborate across Growth Marketing to grow the quality and quantity of traffic to Toptal. You will be responsible for writing and owning clear and comprehensive independent user stories for the engineering team and validating the impact of the action once released. We want someone that can perform analysis to determine the validity of new initiatives as well as post-implementation success. On a day to day basis, you will utilize analytics tools to investigate user behavior as well as discover issues and opportunities, which can all be translated into new strategies.
In the first week, expect to:
- Spend time getting to know your new colleagues and independently study Toptal’s platform and product suite.
- Work closely with our Growth PM team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- The SEO team will provide a dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will soon own.
In the first month, expect to:
- Own independent stories and push them to execution with the teams, validating they are delivered accurately, and measuring success.
- Work with the Growth PMs on the execution side of larger initiatives, ensuring designs meet requirements and user stories are well defined and are delivered to specification.
- Start attending the relevant agile rituals such as planning, daily standups, and retros.
- Begin to dive into user behavior using analytics tools and platforms to provide insight to inform the product roadmap.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Start to take ownership of critical initiatives and driving them forward with the relevant partners, coordinating design, engineering, and content where required.
- Continue to provide support on execution, validation, and success measurement of all initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be able to demonstrate a clear measure of your impact through suggestions for new tests and outstanding execution.
In the first year, expect to:
- Drive a significant impact on traffic-focused projects that demonstrate groundbreaking technology and the latest thinking in growth-hacking and SEO.
- Scale the team and function, which could involve the hiring of associate product managers to support you to scale.
- 4 years of product management experience growing high-quality traffic for inbound-focused companies. Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers and designers.
- 3+ years of dedicated SEO experience particularly in growing traffic for global websites.
- Obsession for quality and passion for growth; a keen interest in cutting edge updates around SEO and growth-hacking.
- An outstanding eye for detail and strong verbal & written communication.
- The capacity to self-manage your time, prioritizing projects, and knowing when to seek transparency on what is most meaningful or urgent.
- Experience with agile and lean startups.
- Outstanding analytics skills including basic SQL skills.
- Understanding of statistical significance means and when it matters, including how to interpret p-values in AB tests.
- Experience with online growth, SEO, and performance marketing.
- Strong experience in user, quantitative, and qualitative research, including hands-on experience performing user interviews or setting up UX tests as experiments.
- Thrive in a high-paced - and often rapidly changing - environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.