Product and Project Management Matcher
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and team members based around the globe, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote workforce.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Toptal Product and Project Management Matcher, you will be working directly with Toptal’s clients to understand their needs, custom-match them with the best possible experts from our talent network, and support them during the matching process, throughout the engagement, and beyond.
This is a remote position. We do not offer visa sponsorship or assistance. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The following information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or required skills.
- Conduct calls and follow up with clients to understand their business challenges and needs in the Product and Project Management space.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
- Write professional, engaging, and accurate job descriptions to attract the best talent for the job.
- Find the right talent to meet clients’ goals.
- Introduce the talent to the client in a way that showcases the talent’s experience, skills, and relevance to the client’s business needs.
- Manage the matching process end-to-end to ensure a positive experience for both the client and talent, including:
- Confirming that talent meets both the skills and experience criteria along with the commitment and timezone constraints.
- Negotiating talent rates to ensure the talent falls within the client’s stated budget.
- Tracking, understanding, and incorporating client and talent feedback to increase the likelihood of success.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to effectively take advantage of opportunities, remove friction in the process, and deal with engagement issues when they arise.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the team’s tools, processes, and reporting mechanisms.
- Shadow matching calls and learn about the matching process with your TopPal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take on your first clients and manage their engagements with Toptal.
- Learn about supporting teams and how they contribute to the company’s success.
- Work closely with SMB sales and account teams to serve our clients to ensure their success.
- Work closely with talent in our network and address their needs.
- Become proficient with Toptal’s platform.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be a well-integrated member of the organization with positive relationships in Matching, Sales, and Talent Operations.
- Build a mature client portfolio.
- Establish direct connections with top talent in our network.
- Exercising discretion and independent judgment, resolve any client-talent disputes which may arise in your client portfolio.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Become eligible to take on Toptal’s major accounts, including top-tier brands and clients.
- Understand best practices and share effective strategies with the team.
- Conduct consistent analysis of your performance to identify opportunities for experimentation and improvement.
In the first year, expect to:
- Act as a subject matter expert on Product and Project Management.
- Continue to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Offer insights and ways to improve the success of a Matching lifecycle based on feedback, experience, and data insights.
- Have started taking on initiatives to improve operations, and establish the needed infrastructure for scale.
- Participate in onboarding newcomers and helping them learn about best practices.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Full-time availability during US EST, CST, MST or PST working hours.
- 3-5 years of experience in product and/or project management. You must have knowledge of both areas.
- Proficient understanding of concepts like Product Management, Project Management and Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of product and project lifecycles, including the role of Product and Project Manager at different stages.
- Ability to interpret ambiguous business needs and translate them into clear responsibilities, deliverables, and required skills for Product and Project Management roles.
- Familiarity with tools and technologies commonly used in Product and Project Management.
- Strong comprehension of common challenges and goals in the product and project management space, with a focus on delivering successful outcomes for clients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in positions involving direct client interaction, requiring adept navigation through ambiguous scenarios to discern and implement appropriate courses of action.
- Excellent relationship development and emotional intelligence to assess project needs and identify the best talent fit.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and handle a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a diverse array of contacts.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.