Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
You will be joining a high-energy team whose job is to introduce clients from around the world to Toptal. You will be speaking on a daily basis with executives, managers, and engineers at companies across an extremely broad range of industries and sizes. To excel at this position, you must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation. You must be fully capable of taking ownership over client relationships and sales goals, including responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Collaborate with the team in claiming and responding to all inbound client inquiries.
- Research clients to better connect with them, understand their needs, and identify critical business opportunities.
- Remain highly knowledgeable about industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Determine client fit.
- Establish, grow, and maintain business relationships with current and prospective clients, taking ownership over the generation of new business for Toptal.
- Track your individual and team performance against quantitative goals, brainstorming and executing optimizations as needed.
- Resolve issues by investigating the root of the problem, planning sound solutions, and making recommendations to team leaders.
- Be in constant communication with your team via Skype.
- You must have excellent customer service skills and outstanding phone manners.
- You must be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Ability to understand and develop sales strategies.
- A positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- Ability and desire to discover pain points and help clients resolve them.
- You must be capable of flourishing in a competitive environment.
- World-class time management skills.
- A technical background is preferred. Familiarity with software development is a plus.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, but is not required.
- You must be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Mark comes from a background that combines technical training with real-world business experience. Having earned a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, he began his career in the Linux HPC industry, later transitioning into online marketing and then into technical sales. As VP of Sales at Toptal, he strives to maintain quality relationships with every client as the company grows.
- Paul has a background in IT and Sales, and has a long record of team leadership at Toptal. As the Inbound Sales Team Lead, he works with Toptal's high-intensity team of Sales Engineers to introduce large volumes of inbound prospective clients to Toptal every single day. He is a dynamic team leader, bringing energy, enthusiasm, and humor to motivate his team members to achieve their potentials and meet objectives.