Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
You will be joining a high-energy team whose job is to introduce clients from around the world to Toptal. You will be speaking on a daily basis with executives, managers, and engineers at companies across an extremely broad range of industries and sizes. To excel at this position, you must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation. You must be fully capable of taking ownership over client relationships and sales goals, including responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Collaborate with the team in claiming and responding to all inbound client inquiries.
- Research clients to better connect with them, understand their needs, and identify critical business opportunities.
- Remain highly knowledgeable about industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Determine client fit.
- Establish, grow, and maintain business relationships with current and prospective clients, taking ownership over the generation of new business for Toptal.
- Track your individual and team performance against quantitative goals, brainstorming and executing optimizations as needed.
- Resolve issues by investigating the root of the problem, planning sound solutions, and making recommendations to team leaders.
- Be in constant communication with your team via Zoom.
- You must have excellent customer service skills and outstanding phone manners.
- You must be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Ability to understand and develop sales strategies.
- A positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- Ability and desire to discover pain points and help clients resolve them.
- You must be capable of flourishing in a competitive environment.
- World-class time management skills.
- A technical background is preferred. Familiarity with software development is a plus.
- Previous sales experience is a plus, but is not required.
- You must be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Sales, Mark ensures Toptal's clients always enjoy on-demand, white-glove service for their talent needs. As a former Linux HPC engineer and technical sales lead, Mark takes an analytical, results-driven approach to building the sales teams, infrastructure, and processes necessary to both maintain quality, customized client relationships at scale and to ensure that new clients are seamlessly onboarded to the Toptal service. Mark has a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- Paul has a background in IT and Sales, and has a long record of team leadership at Toptal. As the Inbound Sales Team Lead, he works with Toptal's high-intensity team of Sales Engineers to introduce large volumes of inbound prospective clients to Toptal every single day. He is a dynamic team leader, bringing energy, enthusiasm, and humor to motivate his team members to achieve their potentials and meet objectives.