Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As the SEO Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring we build world-class publications for talent acquisition experts. You will be responsible for researching and delivering in-depth articles about the talent acquisition industry. You will do this by being an active individual contributor and also leading a team of freelance writers.
You will be working closely with industry thought leaders to write and curate in-depth studies on the most important trends in this field, as well as conducting research and providing new points of view. The role would suit someone with at least 2 years of leading SEO-driven content marketing teams.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Our team operates mostly in US EST hours. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining extremely high-quality for all articles and guiding the direction of thought leadership sites related to talent acquisition. You’ll be writing and curating in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the talent acquisition industry. You’ll be closely working with the SEO Program Manager, to define a content calendar. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of the articles of the content calendar. You will work with top talent acquisition experts around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in talent acquisition.
You will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality standard. You will work with world-class talent acquisition experts to showcase their expertise publication designed for an audience of other talent acquisition experts.
You will stay on the cutting-edge of the recruiting industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought-leaders, as well as innovative tools used by talent acquisition experts. You will work with top thought leaders internally and externally from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in the industry. You’ll write articles about the most innovative products and tools in the talent acquisition industry.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s offering, understand our customer’s needs, and begin to define the voice for the publications you will lead.
- Work closely with the Director of SEO to get a fundamental understanding of the content roadmap from an SEO point of view.
In the first month you will:
- Understand the audience of the publications that you’ll lead and design a few user personas to understand their needs.
- Write the Content Style Guidelines and SEO guidelines for your writers.
- Define what an A+ Toptal article study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality standard.
- Publish your first article.
- Estimate the resources needed to execute the content calendar.
- Work with top recruiters from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in staffing.
- Work with recruiting experts across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) designed for an audience of other staffing experts.
In the first three months you will:
- Hire a team of freelance writers and researchers. Work with top industry leaders and partners from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in staffing.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Optimize the blog experience based on SEO and analytics.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale by onboarding additional editors to build up the cadence and visibility of the publication(s).
In the first year you will:
- Run a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- 5+ years in the professional services industry with a knowledge base to be a thought leader in this space.
- 2+ years of experience with SEO: exceptional knowledge of the fundamentals of SEO, keyword research, and how to optimize articles.
- Experience in creating content and/or articles that are relevant to an Enterprise audience.
- Comfortable with a high-paced, and often rapidly changing, environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Curious: you are curious in how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a superficial knowledge of how something works or why users take a certain action.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a superb command of the English language.
- Have a self-starter attitude who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- Be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #south #northeast #midwest #latinamerica #europe
US, South America, or EU