Talent Success Coordinator
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Toptal network includes thousands of top engineers, designers, finance experts, project managers, and more from over 100 countries, working with leading companies on mission-critical projects.
The mission of the Talent Success team is to ensure that Toptal offers a world-class career opportunity for members of our Talent network. Within Talent Success, our Retention Programs team is focused on creating and delivering programs that recognize, reward, and retain our best talent. In joining this new team, you will have the opportunity to interact with top-tier talent from around the world and support them in their freelancing careers.
We are looking for a detail oriented coordinator to contribute on the front lines of our operation. You will support in identifying our highest value talent, and independently administer programs to reward and recognize those talent as they achieve meaningful milestones. In addition, you will regularly review talent feedback and creatively offer support to help address ad hoc issues talent are facing. Throughout all aspects, you will set an example providing a high level of service to our most valuable asset–our talent.
This is a new and growing team, so we are looking for a detail-oriented, yet adaptable teammate who can grow with us as we develop and hone our operating processes, measure results, and scale to serve thousands of talent. Given that we will continuously innovate on our processes, a creative eye for process improvement will be a difference-maker.
Administer existing retention programs that are designed to reward and recognize specific groups of talent. This will include assessing talent eligibility, corresponding with talent over Slack and email, and completing actions in our internal platform.
Evaluate and address talent feedback from our NPS and other ad hoc surveys to identify potential corrective actions and support talent in resolving challenges as needed.
Support the Talent Success team in identifying our highest performing talent, and conduct proactive check-ins to monitor the satisfaction of these talent.
Provide a high touch level of service to our most important talent to help resolve critical issues; marshalling appropriate resources from cross-functional team members as needed.
Continuously monitor existing and emerging processes, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness of team operations.
Maintain constant communication with your teammates via Slack or Zoom during expected working hours.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Understand the core of Toptal’s service, the Toptal community, and its value proposition to both talent and clients.
- Learn the responsibilities and priorities of all Talent-facing teams at Toptal, with a focus on the roles and priorities of the Retention Programs and Talent Success teams.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems we utilize to serve talent.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take over administration of our existing talent recognition gift box program.
- Become familiar with the requirements of more complex talent retention programs.
- Begin building relationships with cross-functional teammates across Talent Success.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Increase your scope of responsibility across our talent retention programs, including administration of our more complex talent retention programs.
- Begin reviewing talent feedback and providing as-needed support to talent; understand the landscape of Talent Success and other related teams and work with cross-functional partners to resolve talent issues as they arise.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Document processes as they evolve, and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Contribute to Toptal’s definition of high value talent.
In the first year, expect to:
- Act as a subject matter expert on the Retention Programs Coordinator role.
- 2-3+ years in coordinator, operations support, or customer support roles.
- Process Orientation. You need to be able to expertly follow a process. When faced with limited data, you need to be able to make decisions that follow given guidelines.
- Detail-Orientation. This role will manage programs with both financial and non-monetary rewards. It is imperative to be detail-oriented and accurate in your work.
- Customer Service and Communication. Must have excellent customer service skills, be an exceptional communicator, and have outstanding video chat, Slack, and email etiquette.
- Resourcefulness. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with being part of a distributed workforce.
- Adaptability. Our processes and priorities may evolve rapidly. You need to be able to learn and adapt to change quickly.
- Passion. Our goal is to change the way organizations build teams and how the world’s top talent finds opportunities. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate of the change we are driving in the market.
- Continuous Improvement. You need to have an eye for continuous improvement and be receptive to receiving challenging feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.