Verified Expert in Design
Arvand is a senior product designer who's worked on various web and mobile apps for Microsoft, Warner Music, Deloitte, Caterpillar, the US federal government, Kendall Jenner, NYSE-listed companies, and a Silicon Valley startup acquired by Amazon. He's also worked as a full-time Agile Scrum product manager in a Y-Combinator team. End users of Arvand's designs include millions of consumers, including PayPal, Hilton Hotels, and the County of Los Angeles.
HR Portal for Employee Career Growth, Engagement, and Connection
Data Visualization and Hardware Setup for AI-enabled Energy Usage
Microsoft Private Beta Social App
Social Booking App iOS and Android UX/UI Redesign
Lead Product Designer
Warner Music Group
- Improved the usability of existing features leading to hours saved per week for each user to complete their music licensing tasks.
- Introduced and championed various UX research methodologies to the product team, including user shadowing, user contextual inquiry, surveys, and usability testing with clickable prototypes.
- Created new responsive Figma UI components expanding and enhancing the existing design system.
Senior UX/UI Product Consultant
- Contracted for various Fortune 500 companies mostly under NDA.
- Designed the SaaS AI platform for discourse.ai that leveraged AI and ML models for financial services companies. It unlocks the value of conversation data by creating smarter chatbots.
- Conducted user research for verdigris.co to allow for better property management decision making through a new hardware and software on-boarding process and created more intuitive analytics dashboards based on the research.
- Translated research from Deloitte into high-fidelity mobile app prototypes—capturing requirements, overcoming status quo pain points and preserving positives. Handed off to Deloitte to continue their research for their US federal government client.
- Designed a React web dashboard that enables building managers in various roles within the commercial real estate industry to monitor and report smart building’s utility and security through a fully customizable data visualization dashboard.
Senior UX/UI Consultant
- Worked as a remote UX/UI consultant specializing in data-driven interaction design and conversion optimization through UX research, UX audits, UI redesigns, and AB testing. Clients have included Deloitte, and a Fortune 100 company (under public NDA).
- Hired by a Fortune 100 company to restructure the team’s digital product design process by creating a usability testing program to gain clickable prototype feedback from a roster of 50+ highly specialized business users and an analytics strategy to gain insights on exactly how the product is being used post-launch, leading to data-driven team discussions, faster iterations, and less guess-work, contributing to $5.1 million in revenue in the first two months of product launch.
- Designed, coded, and launched various mobile and web apps using React Native and Ruby on Rails.
- Acted as the sole UX designer and Product Manager on a small team to go from ideation to a several months long private beta for a social mobile app, which was later launched in the Chinese App Store.
- Defined KPIs and data analytics events to measure user behavior and feature success in a private beta test with multiple iterations that spanned several months.
- Led iterations and pivots based on user analytics data, among other methodologies.
- Designed A/B tests for certain features and iterations. The product was launched after my contract as an external consultant had finished.
- Translated Microsoft's mobile app idea into minimal viable product specs through a thorough understanding of the problem being solved and the vision.
Green Dot Corporation
- Acted as an agile product owner largely managing the design team, and the product's design efforts as well as user experience. I worked very closely with the design team to prototype the next generation of certain features for the web and iPhone, and the next generation of the GoBank mobile, and web applications.
- Worked with the Y Combinator-backed Loopt team that was acquired by Green Dot (NYSE:GD) to build GoBank, an innovative FDIC insured online checking account (iPhone, Android, and web) with an extensive ATM and cash reload network.
- Collaborated with the design team to prototype the next generation of GoBank features for web, iPhone and Android.
- Launched, as the product manager, the GoBank Walmart product online—increasing the number of users by allowing registrations through the web, iPhone, and Android apps without a Walmart GoBank Starter Kit purchase.
- Led A/B testing efforts on iPhone and Android applications to optimize user conversions especially for user onboarding.
- Managed various product requests from multiple stakeholders (legal, customer care, information security, compliance, marketing, and more).
- Worked with both onshore and offshore (China) engineers from sprint-planning to production.
Product UX Manager
Best Apps Market
- Worked at the intersection of UX and Product on an app that, upon leaving the company, had over 10 million installs and 4.5 stars from +130,000 reviews.
- Spearheaded and led the rebranding of the apps like AppDisco to Fetch. Identified problems through data analysis and usability tests, conceptualized and drove new features by working closely with engineering— resulting in up to 5x increases in key performance metrics.
- Initiated and led product overhaul upon joining with a focus on simplification through user education, initial experience, and overall usability.
- Designed and prototyped next generation versions of the app which were user-tested and iterated on.
- Drove product features with a heavy focus on retention and new user experience, creating product roadmap and vision through wireframes, flow charts, and prototypes.
- Designed and conducted weekly user tests for various hypotheses and overall usability.
Blindsight Corporation (Acquired by Amazon)
- Worked at a company that was eventually acquired by Amazon.
- Led focus groups and user tests with various age groups of low vision and blind users for the iPhone app TextDetective in addition to the iPad app SmartMagnifier, using quantitative and qualitative data to drive iterations.
- Conducted rapid prototyping to enable A/B tests designed to quantify differences in various user interaction design hypotheses.
- Defined and communicated product features to the engineering team.
- Led the design of an iPad application funded by the National Institute of Health which was created to benefit low-vision and legally-blind individuals: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smartmagnifier/id589564315.
Foundation Course in Computer Science
Stanford Continuing Studies - Palo Alto, CA, USA
Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Management Information System and Marketing
Simon Fraser University - Vancouver, Canada
Human Computer Interaction