Daniyal Ahmed Khawaja
Verified Expert in Design
Daniyal, with over 7+ years of experience in UX design and strategic planning, has made a significant impact on a global scale. His work has resonated across 3/4 of North America, played a pivotal role in managing 10% of the world's agricultural land, and garnered an impressive 10 million B2B downloads on digital storefronts. Throughout his career, Daniyal has demonstrated expertise across a diverse range of domains, including SaaS, healthcare, fintech, eCommerce, social apps, and B2B platforms.
Senior User Interface Designer
CentralSquare - Design Org
- Worked with the stakeholders and the product team to translate business requirements for browser-based services for Chicago Police Department with features like incident creation, dispatching units, resource allocation, internal communication, etc.
- Created functional user interfaces for web and mobile applications, adhering to design guidelines, brand standards, and accessibility principles for the public safety and jurisdiction services affecting the lives of 280,000,000+ people.
- Created wireframes, information architecture, and prototypes for complex user stories for a product unifying the public safety departments across North America for effective resource sharing with the potential to save more than 43,000 lives every year.
- Collaborated with UX designers to understand user needs, behaviors, and motivations and incorporate them into the interface design. Conducted user research and usability testing and iterated based on feedback to enhance the user experience.
- Made strategic design and UX decisions related to new functions and features of the product.
- Developed an understanding of financial planning and analysis processes, such as budgeting and forecasting, to make informed decisions.
- Identified development areas in the design of the existing product.
- Helped develop a design-centric culture focused on adopting high design standards and practices.
- Formulated hypotheses together with product managers and turned them into high-quality design solutions.
- Translated concepts into user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Translated fuzzy concepts for agri-tech SaaS products across 60 countries across Asia, Africa, the Americas, and Europe into UX deliverables such as mood boards, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Delivered digital solutions optimized for a wide range of interfaces for monitoring 10 million cropped hectares to reach 150 million actively monitored annually–approximately 10% of all arable land worldwide.
- Documented and maintained a design system by curating design patterns and guidelines to ensure consistency and efficiency throughout the platform, enabling the development team to implement user-centered designs seamlessly.
- Drove the UX vision for the product with over 10,000,000 downloads on Google Play and App Store.
- Worked closely with the stakeholders and the product team to translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences.
- Transitioned the business model of the app from in-app purchase-based to subscription-based.
- Performed usability studies to improve the experience of the existing features, which led to an increase in retention rate by 11%.
- Created and presented wireframes, mockups, process flows, information architecture, site maps, and prototypes for complex user stories.
- Collaborated with the engineering team to make pixel-perfect UI implementations.
Online Freelance Agency
- Completed more than 100 projects with a 92% job completion rate.
- Maintained a full 5-star rating for six years on the platform.
- Managed projects from design to delivery in an agile environment.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews to gather their insights on the project.
- Developed creative design concepts for the healthcare platform, working closely with the production teams and the different stakeholders, using a design-thinking and user-centered approach.
- Created wireframes, designs, and functional prototypes to drive product direction and define the user interaction model and workflows for key tasks.
- Framed the design system to align with our target market experiences around Android and iOS devices. Used flows, colors, and copywriting that are meaningful and accessible to the target market.
- Oversaw branding, UI/UX, and launch of an MVP for an online pharmacy platform.
- Reviewed, iterated, and tested web and app to ensure that the designs are implemented with pixel-perfection.
User Experience Designer
- Introduced the concept of user-centric design in the company.
- Managed the process of gathering requirements from the clients.
- Highlighted the pain points in the client's products and suggested improvements.
- Delivered multiple products successfully, covering all phases from research to design.
Master's Degree in Integrated Design
Hochschule Anhalt - Dessau, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
National University of Sciences and Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan
Google UX Design Professional Certificate
Software Processes and Agile Practices
University of Alberta | via Coursera
Visual Elements of User Interface Design
California Institute of the Arts | via Coursera
Graphic Design Certification
University of Colorado | via Coursera