Ujunwa Melvis Okeke
Verified Expert in Design
Melvis has been a senior user experience and user interface designer for 5+ years across different industries within product development and Agile environments. She believes that when it comes to building products in the modern, technology-driven world, every experience with any product should feel unique and satisfactory. Melvis passionately collaborates with businesses to create digital products with superb user experience and visual satisfaction.
Lead UX Designer
Jump The Line Mobile App
Inner Peace - Health Platform
Wicked Co-op LCA
- Served as a UI/UX designer for a B2B SaaS platform.
- Created different design iterations of the SaaS platform and advocated for A/B testing through different designs delivered.
- Built the organization's design system, ensuring consistency and providing clear development requirements.
- Involved in user testing, research, interviews, and the onboarding of early adopters.
- Worked as the sole designer; helped develop the overall look and feel of the entire SaaS platform by using industry-standard guidelines.
Gabriel Bros Inc.
- Redesigned the checkout and whole cart of the web application using Figma by providing design solutions to optimize the user experience.
- Developed a design library from the ground up. Collaborated with developers and product managers to ensure accurate implementation of designs.
- Conducted usability testing to ensure an efficient outcome for the new designs.
- Performed in-depth user research to ensure the design solutions solved user pain points and met business goals.
Senior Product Designer
Toyota North America- Saatchi &Saatchi
- Handled user research, user testing, and responsive design (desktop and mobile) for the MVP launch of the digital car buying and transaction experience for customers.
- Participated in discovery and presentation meetings with stakeholders and handed off design files to the engineering team using Zeplin and Figma.
- Collaborated with the engineers and product manager on design requirements.
- Created high-fidelity prototypes for the entire digital car transaction flow.
Lead UX Designer and Researcher
Jump The Line
- Brought user research to life collaboratively through user experience and user interface design (e.g., user personas, user flows, and high-fidelity prototypes).
- Designed the mobile app; planned and conducted usability testing.
- Redesigned the website for desktop and mobile views.
- Documented and handed off all assets to the engineering team.
Designer and Marketing Associate
The Learning Source
- Maintained the organization's brand identity in the content of monthly staff and volunteer newsletters, as well as quarterly partner newsletters. Created annual reports for the organization.
- Collaborated with the development and program teams to develop marketing collateral and promote events.
- Helped drive agency growth through print and social media visibility, resulting in a 35% increase in brand awareness.
- Researched ideas, analyzed data, and designed the company's annual report.
UX Designer and Researcher (Contract)
MechGURU - Freelance
- Carried out user research (interviews and surveys) and user experience design.
- Created high-fidelity interactive and responsive prototypes for MechGURU, a mechanic listing website that allows people to find the nearest mechanic when they have a faulty vehicle.
- Collaborated in the A/B testing of the product which enabled us to make a decision on the best UI design.
UX Designer and Researcher
- Collaborated with a team consisting of a UX consultant, a product manager, and a developer to redesign the Easy Pay website.
- Identified each section's problem, conducted competitor's analysis, and created the wireframes, clickable prototypes, and the mobile app design.
- Worked with engineers to achieve a live MVP website, which intends to help businesses and everyday consumers with their payment experience.
Master's Degree in Public Communication and Technology
Colorado State University - Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring