Ujunwa Melvis Okeke
Verified Expert in Design
Melvis has been a senior user experience and user interface designer for 5+ years across different industries within product development and Agile environments. She believes that when it comes to building products in the modern, technology-driven world, every experience with any product should feel unique and satisfactory. Melvis passionately collaborates with businesses to create digital products with superb user experience and visual satisfaction.
Wicked Co-op LCA
- Served as a UI/UX designer for a B2B SaaS platform.
- Created different design iterations of the SaaS platform and advocated for A/B testing through different designs delivered.
- Built the organization's design system, ensuring consistency and providing clear development requirements.
- Involved in user testing, research, interviews, and the onboarding of early adopters.
- Worked as the sole designer; helped develop the overall look and feel of the entire SaaS platform by using industry-standard guidelines.
Gabriel Bros Inc.
- Redesigned the checkout and whole cart of the web application using Figma by providing design solutions to optimize the user experience.
- Developed a design library from the ground up. Collaborated with developers and product managers to ensure accurate implementation of designs.
- Conducted usability testing to ensure an efficient outcome for the new designs.
- Performed in-depth user research to ensure the design solutions solved user pain points and met business goals.
Senior Product Designer
Toyota North America- Saatchi &Saatchi
- Handled user research, user testing, and responsive design (desktop and mobile) for the MVP launch of the digital car buying and transaction experience for customers.
- Participated in discovery and presentation meetings with stakeholders and handed off design files to the engineering team using Zeplin and Figma.
- Collaborated with the engineers and product manager on design requirements.
- Created high-fidelity prototypes for the entire digital car transaction flow.
Lead UX Designer and Researcher
Jump The Line
- Brought user research to life collaboratively through user experience and user interface design (e.g., user personas, user flows, and high-fidelity prototypes).
- Designed the mobile app; planned and conducted usability testing.
- Redesigned the website for desktop and mobile views.
- Documented and handed off all assets to the engineering team.
Designer and Marketing Associate
The Learning Source
- Maintained the organization's brand identity in the content of monthly staff and volunteer newsletters, as well as quarterly partner newsletters. Created annual reports for the organization.
- Collaborated with the development and program teams to develop marketing collateral and promote events.
- Helped drive agency growth through print and social media visibility, resulting in a 35% increase in brand awareness.
- Researched ideas, analyzed data, and designed the company's annual report.
UX Designer and Researcher (Contract)
MechGURU - Freelance
- Carried out user research (interviews and surveys) and user experience design.
- Created high-fidelity interactive and responsive prototypes for MechGURU, a mechanic listing website that allows people to find the nearest mechanic when they have a faulty vehicle.
- Collaborated in the A/B testing of the product which enabled us to make a decision on the best UI design.
UX Designer and Researcher
- Collaborated with a team consisting of a UX consultant, a product manager, and a developer to redesign the Easy Pay website.
- Identified each section's problem, conducted competitor's analysis, and created the wireframes, clickable prototypes, and the mobile app design.
- Worked with engineers to achieve a live MVP website, which intends to help businesses and everyday consumers with their payment experience.
Master's Degree in Public Communication and Technology
Colorado State University - Fort Collins, Colorado, United States