2013 - PRESENT
First Gleneden Advisors LLC
- Advised on a $200 million strategic investment in a startup for construction of a $1.7 billion U.S. aluminum rolling mill.
- Led due diligence and integration of two acquisitions as well as a private equity recapitalization for an ongoing $100 million industry roll-up of pipe repair solutions.
- Constructed financial models that resulted in a $300 million term sheet to acquire, retrofit, and construct renewable diesel facilities.
- Assembled a robust financial model that garnered a $150 million term sheet from a global project finance investor to develop combined heat and power cogeneration projects.
- Developed investor materials including financial model and business plan to fund the build-out of facilities to convert waste plastic into high-value carbon nanotubes.
- Provided financial analysis for the acquisition of a biodiesel facility.
- Built a financial model to support the financing and greenfield construction of facilities using food waste to produce organic acids.
- Improved the balance sheet and reduced the ongoing cash burn with a $36 million debt-for-asset swap for a renewable fuel company.
- Delivered a $25 million tax credit transaction to fund the expansion of a renewable materials facility.
- Implemented financial systems for a private equity-backed $60+ million revenue oilfield services company as well as a $30+ million liquefied natural gas company.
Focus areas: Finance Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investor Decks, Investment Summaries, Capital Raising, Budgeting, Business Plan Development, Investment Memoranda, Investor Communications, Cash Flows, Debt, Valuation, Equity Financing, Equity Valuation, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Modeling, Transaction Modeling, Transaction Structuring, CFO, Capital Investment Appraisals, Project Finance, Private Equity Secondaries, Private Equity
Vice President, Finance
2015 - 2017
- Optimized a $20 million transaction for a private equity investor using interactive forecasts and a proprietary equity structure.
- Contributed to successful relationships with the customer base of Flint Hills Resources, Suncor, and Itochu, leading to $10+ million in bridge financings.
- Improved the standardized financial models to ensure data and analytical consistency, data integrity, and accessibility in order to streamline investor due diligence.
Focus areas: Growth Capital Raising, Cash Flow Forecasting, Budgeting, Investor Decks, Investment Summaries, Project Finance, Financial Modeling, CFO, Investor Communications, Debt, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Equity Financing, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation Modeling, Capital Raising, Equity Valuation, Private Equity, Private Equity Secondaries, Finance Strategy, Capital Structure, Cash Flow Calculation, Capital Structure Analysis
Chief Financial Officer
2007 - 2013
- Maximized a $232 million USDA loan guarantee to develop a 25 million GPY commercial facility.
- Sold a $43 million tax credit transaction with additional funding to construct a 250,000 GPY demonstration plant and development facility.
- Achieved a $5 million joint development agreement with Proctor & Gamble to advance the development of a new renewable chemical production platform for superabsorbents and other related product inputs.
- Awarded $25 million US Department of Energy and $40 million US Department of Agriculture USDA grants to develop and construct a demonstration-scale renewable fuel facility and supporting feedstock infrastructure.
- Added Valero as the first strategic investor to produce biofuels to satisfy Valero's RFS renewable fuel obligations.
- Exceeded $30 million of follow-on investments from existing investors by clarifying the strategy and demonstrating viability.
- Developed a rental asset strategy that generated revenue of $500,000 per month from demonstration plant operations.
- Applied Lean methodologies to implement accounting and business infrastructure to produce unqualified annual GAAP audits and pass on-going DCAA audits.
- Improved data integrity and consistency with the introduction of SEC-compliant processes and systems in preparation for an IPO.
- Built the finance and accounting team from one person to ten people to support a potential IPO.
Focus areas: Investor Decks, Cash Flow Forecasting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Budget Controls, Capital Raising, Valuation Modeling, 409A Valuation, Fundraising, Equity Financing, Equity Valuation, Private Equity, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Cash Flows, CFO, Investment Summaries, Investor Communications, Investment Memoranda, Debt, Business Plan Development, Pitch Deck Financials, Convertible Debt, Venture Funding, Capital Structure Analysis, Finance Strategy, Capital Structure, Three Statement Operating Model, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Audit Management, Grant Writing, Growth Capital Raising
Vice President, Strategic Planning and Analysis
2005 - 2007
Evergreen Energy, Inc.
- Arranged multiple public market financings that resulted in $250+ million raised to build a demonstration plant and to advance commercial projects.
- Negotiated and structured $1+ billion in project financing for up to four processing facilities.
- Increased the stock price by 50% with recommendations to the management and board on how to interpret and incorporate equity trading intelligence, feedback, and commentary into the business.
- Delivered more consistent operations and a major reduction in downtime for plant operations performing extensive operational and financial analysis.
- Contributed to acquisitions through the development and maintenance of interactive financial models used to evaluate business opportunities, including the $40+ million purchase of a coal mine.
Focus areas: Strategic Finance Management, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Fundraising, Cash Flow Forecasting, Investor Decks, Investor Communications, Growth Capital Raising, Equity Financing, Equity Valuation, Private Equity, Debt, Investment Summaries, Investment Memoranda, Budgeting, Financial Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Transaction Modeling, Transaction Structuring, Pitch Deck Financials, Business Plan Development, Corporate Finance, Three Statement Operating Model, Operational Finance, Financial Overviews, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Cash Flows, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Balance Sheets, P&L Forecasting, Project Finance, Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Variance Analysis
Vice President, Equity Research
1998 - 2005
Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc.
- Recognized as an All-Star Equity Analyst by the Wall Street Journal (1998, 2001).
- Sold more than $750 million in equity offerings for coverage universe as a result of being named co-manager on deals, and delivered trading revenues, consistently finishing in the top third of the department.
- Generated shareholder value by critiquing and advocating asset rationalization strategies such as H&P’s $500 million equity portfolio divestiture and redeployment into its innovative FlexRigs.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Investor Communications, Capital Raising, Capital Structure Analysis, Capital Investment Appraisals, Investor Decks, Investment Summaries, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation Modeling, Comparable Company Analysis, Equity Research, Equity Valuation, Debt, Due Dilligence, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Convertible Debt, Data Analysis, Balance Sheets, Cash Flows, Cash Flow Calculation, Equity Financing, Cash Flow Forecasting, Fundraising, Growth Capital Raising, Investment Memoranda, Market Research, Transaction Modeling, Ratio Analysis, Return Analysis, Capital Structure, Three Statement Operating Model