2013 - PRESENT
First Gleneden Advisors LLC
- Advised on a $200 million strategic investment in a startup for construction of a $1.7 billion U.S. aluminum rolling mill.
- Led due diligence and integration of two acquisitions as well as a private equity recapitalization for an ongoing $100 million industry roll-up of pipe repair solutions.
- Constructed financial models that resulted in a $300 million term sheet to acquire, retrofit, and construct renewable diesel facilities.
- Assembled a robust financial model that garnered a $150 million term sheet from a global project finance investor to develop combined heat and power cogeneration projects.
- Developed investor materials including financial model and business plan to fund the build-out of facilities to convert waste plastic into high-value carbon nanotubes.
- Provided financial analysis for the acquisition of a biodiesel facility.
- Built a financial model to support the financing and greenfield construction of facilities using food waste to produce organic acids.
- Improved the balance sheet and reduced the ongoing cash burn with a $36 million debt-for-asset swap for a renewable fuel company.
- Delivered a $25 million tax credit transaction to fund the expansion of a renewable materials facility.
- Implemented financial systems for a private equity-backed $60+ million revenue oilfield services company as well as a $30+ million liquefied natural gas company.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Private Equity Secondaries, Project Finance, Capital Investment Appraisals, CFO, Transaction Structuring, Transaction Modeling, Financial Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, Equity Valuation, Equity Financing, Valuation, Debt Capital Markets, Cash Flow Forecasting, Investor Relations, Investment Memoranda, Business Planning, Budgeting, Capital Raising, Investment Summaries, Investor Presentations, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Finance Strategy
Vice President, Finance
2015 - 2017
- Optimized a $20 million transaction for a private equity investor using interactive forecasts and a proprietary equity structure.
- Contributed to successful relationships with the customer base of Flint Hills Resources, Suncor, and Itochu, leading to $10+ million in bridge financings.
- Improved the standardized financial models to ensure data and analytical consistency, data integrity, and accessibility in order to streamline investor due diligence.
Focus areas: Capital Structure Analysis, Cash Flow Calculation, Capital Structure, Finance Strategy, Private Equity Secondaries, Private Equity, Equity Valuation, Capital Raising, Valuation Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, Equity Financing, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Debt Capital Markets, Investor Relations, CFO, Financial Modeling, Project Finance, Investment Summaries, Investor Presentations, Budgeting, Cash Flow Forecasting, Growth Capital Raising
Chief Financial Officer
2007 - 2013
- Maximized a $232 million USDA loan guarantee to develop a 25 million GPY commercial facility.
- Sold a $43 million tax credit transaction with additional funding to construct a 250,000 GPY demonstration plant and development facility.
- Achieved a $5 million joint development agreement with Proctor & Gamble to advance the development of a new renewable chemical production platform for superabsorbents and other related product inputs.
- Awarded $25 million US Department of Energy and $40 million US Department of Agriculture USDA grants to develop and construct a demonstration-scale renewable fuel facility and supporting feedstock infrastructure.
- Added Valero as the first strategic investor to produce biofuels to satisfy Valero's RFS renewable fuel obligations.
- Exceeded $30 million of follow-on investments from existing investors by clarifying the strategy and demonstrating viability.
- Developed a rental asset strategy that generated revenue of $500,000 per month from demonstration plant operations.
- Applied Lean methodologies to implement accounting and business infrastructure to produce unqualified annual GAAP audits and pass on-going DCAA audits.
- Improved data integrity and consistency with the introduction of SEC-compliant processes and systems in preparation for an IPO.
- Built the finance and accounting team from one person to ten people to support a potential IPO.
Focus areas: Growth Capital Raising, Grant Proposals, Management, Audits, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Three Statement Operating Model, Capital Structure, Finance Strategy, Capital Structure Analysis, Venture Funding, Convertible Debt, Pitch Decks, Business Planning, Debt Capital Markets, Investment Memoranda, Investor Relations, Investment Summaries, CFO, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Private Equity, Equity Valuation, Equity Financing, Fundraising, 409A Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Capital Raising, Budget Controls, Budgeting, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Cash Flow Forecasting, Investor Presentations
Vice President, Strategic Planning and Analysis
2005 - 2007
Evergreen Energy, Inc.
- Arranged multiple public market financings that resulted in $250+ million raised to build a demonstration plant and to advance commercial projects.
- Negotiated and structured $1+ billion in project financing for up to four processing facilities.
- Increased the stock price by 50% with recommendations to the management and board on how to interpret and incorporate equity trading intelligence, feedback, and commentary into the business.
- Delivered more consistent operations and a major reduction in downtime for plant operations performing extensive operational and financial analysis.
- Contributed to acquisitions through the development and maintenance of interactive financial models used to evaluate business opportunities, including the $40+ million purchase of a coal mine.
Focus areas: Variance Analysis, Valuation Multiples, Valuation, Project Finance, P&L Forecasting, Balance Sheets, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Financial Overviews, Operational Finance, Three Statement Operating Model, Corporate Finance, Business Planning, Pitch Decks, Transaction Structuring, Transaction Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Investment Memoranda, Investment Summaries, Debt Capital Markets, Private Equity, Equity Valuation, Equity Financing, Growth Capital Raising, Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Cash Flow Forecasting, Fundraising, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Strategic Planning & Execution
Vice President, Equity Research
1998 - 2005
Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc.
- Recognized as an All-Star Equity Analyst by the Wall Street Journal (1998, 2001).
- Sold more than $750 million in equity offerings for coverage universe as a result of being named co-manager on deals, and delivered trading revenues, consistently finishing in the top third of the department.
- Generated shareholder value by critiquing and advocating asset rationalization strategies such as H&P’s $500 million equity portfolio divestiture and redeployment into its innovative FlexRigs.
Focus areas: Three Statement Operating Model, Capital Structure, Return Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Transaction Modeling, Market Research, Investment Memoranda, Growth Capital Raising, Fundraising, Equity Financing, Cash Flow Calculation, Cash Flow Forecasting, Balance Sheets, Data Analysis, Convertible Debt, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Due Diligence, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Valuation, Equity Research, Comparable Company Analysis, Valuation Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Summaries, Investor Presentations, Capital Investment Appraisals, Capital Structure Analysis, Capital Raising, Investor Relations, Financial Modeling