Verified Expert in Finance
Andy was recognized twice as an All-Star Analyst by the Wall Street Journal. He has been a strategist, operating executive, financier, and top-ranked industry analyst. As a freelancer, Andy advises a range of companies—from early-stage and middle-market to large caps—delivering customized solutions including effective investor presentations, dynamic financial models, and project finance structuring.
Hamilton Clark Sustainable Capital, Inc.
- Assisted public and private companies overlooked by large Wall Street firms and regional investment banking firms.
- Constructed financial models that resulted in term sheets for a renewable jet fuel facility.
- Built a pitch deck, an integrated valuation, and a financial model to support the project financing and greenfield construction of a $1billion renewable gasoline plant that incorporates carbon capture.
- Built a valuation model to support financing and greenfield construction of the food waste facilities to produce organic acids.
First Gleneden Advisors LLC
- Advised on a $200 million strategic investment in a startup to construct a $1.7 billion U.S. aluminum rolling mill.
- Led due diligence and integration of two acquisitions as well as a private equity recapitalization for an ongoing $100 million industry roll-up of pipe repair solutions.
- Constructed financial models that resulted in a $300 million term sheet to acquire, retrofit, and construct renewable diesel facilities.
- Assembled a robust financial model that garnered a $150 million term sheet from a global project finance investor to develop combined heat and power cogeneration projects.
- Developed investor materials, including the financial model and business plan to fund the build-out of facilities to convert waste plastic into high-value carbon nanotubes.
- Provided financial analysis for the acquisition of a biodiesel facility.
- Built a financial model to support the financing and greenfield construction of food waste facilities to produce organic acids.
- Improved the balance sheet and reduced the ongoing cash burn with a $36 million debt-for-asset swap for a renewable fuel company.
- Delivered a $25 million tax credit transaction to fund the expansion of a renewable materials facility.
- Implemented financial systems for a private equity-backed $60+ million revenue oilfield services company, as well as a $30+ million liquefied natural gas company.
Vice President, Finance
- Optimized a $20 million transaction for a private equity investor using interactive forecasts and a proprietary equity structure.
- Contributed to successful relationships with the customer base of Flint Hills Resources, Suncor, and Itochu, leading to $10+ million in bridge financings.
- Improved the standardized financial models to ensure data and analytical consistency, integrity, and accessibility to streamline investor due diligence.
Chief Financial Officer
- Maximized a $232 million USDA loan guarantee to develop a 25 million GPY commercial facility.
- Sold a $43 million tax credit transaction with additional funding to construct a 250,000 GPY demonstration plant and development facility.
- Achieved a $5 million joint development agreement with Proctor & Gamble to advance the development of a new renewable chemical production platform for superabsorbents and other related product inputs.
- Awarded $25 million US Department of Energy and $40 million US Department of Agriculture USDA grants to develop and construct a demonstration-scale renewable fuel facility and supporting feedstock infrastructure.
- Added Valero as the first strategic investor to produce biofuels to satisfy Valero's RFS renewable fuel obligations.
- Exceeded $30 million of follow-on investments from existing investors by clarifying the strategy and demonstrating viability.
- Developed a rental asset strategy that generated revenue of $500,000 per month from demonstration plant operations.
- Applied Lean methodologies to implement accounting and business infrastructure to produce unqualified annual GAAP audits and pass on-going DCAA audits.
- Improved data integrity and consistency with the introduction of SEC-compliant processes and systems in preparation for an IPO.
- Built the finance and accounting team from one person to ten people to support a potential IPO.
Vice President, Strategic Planning and Analysis
Evergreen Energy, Inc.
- Arranged multiple public market financings that resulted in $250+ million raised to build a demonstration plant and to advance commercial projects.
- Negotiated and structured $1+ billion in project financing for up to four processing facilities.
- Increased the stock price by 50% with recommendations to the management and board on how to interpret and incorporate equity trading intelligence, feedback, and commentary into the business.
- Delivered more consistent operations and a major reduction in downtime for plant operations performing extensive operational and financial analysis.
- Contributed to acquisitions by developing and maintaining interactive financial models used to evaluate business opportunities, including the $40+ million purchase of a coal mine.
Vice President | Equity Research
- Recognized as an All-Star Equity Analyst by the Wall Street Journal (1998, 2001).
- Sold more than $750 million in equity offerings for coverage universe as a result of being named co-manager on deals, and delivered trading revenues, consistently finishing in the top third of the department.
- Generated shareholder value by critiquing and advocating asset rationalization strategies such as H&P’s $500 million equity portfolio divestiture and redeployment into its innovative FlexRigs.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
Columbia Business School - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics and History
Connecticut College - New London, CT
Series 79 and 63