San Francisco, CA, United States
Toptal Member Since
February 24, 2017
Carol advised in the sale of a global multi-billion dollar energy company and served as a sub-segment controller/CFO for Siemens. She helps companies grow through acquisitions, fundraising, and strategic advisory. Carol has built some of the most sophisticated financial models for high-tech startups as well as large corporations and infrastructure projects. Freelancing allows her to broaden her industry focus while working with very driven CEOs.
Financial ForecastingRevenue & Expense ProjectionsProject FinanceFinancial ModelingFinancial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)Private EquityVenture CapitalReal EstateCorporate ControllerInterim Financial ControllerValuationFundraisingMergers & Acquisitions (M&A)Comparable Company AnalysisFinancial Reporting
Carol is available for hireHire Carol
CENAK Consulting L.P.
Sub Segment Controller | CFO Latin America
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Thunderbird Global School of Management
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey | ITESM
Project FinanceForecastingFinancial ModelingDebt FinancingEquity FinancingMezzanine+ 6 more
SaaS Company Pitch Deck
Venture CapitalForecastingFinancial ModelingFinancial ForecastingCash Flow AnalysisCash Flow Calculation+ 1 more
Industry ExpertiseAccounting ServicesEducationEnergy, Utilities & WasteVenture Capital & Private EquitySoftwareFinancial ModelingFintechStartups
Other ExpertiseAccountingCFOFinancial ControllingFinancial ModelingProject FinanceRevenue Modeling
2002 - PRESENT
CENAK Consulting L.P.
- Worked closely with CEOs on market entry strategies, corporate models, presentations, and investor decks.
- Performed all the aspects of strategic planning, accounting, and reporting for clients in diverse industries, including high-tech, software, energy, and biotechnology.
- Recommended strategic solutions for budgeting, capital requirements, contract negotiations, strategic initiatives, and back-office management.
- Built hundreds of financial models from scratch for fundraising, project development, and strategic management purposes.
- Established US internal accounting policies and procedures, set up Mexico accounting and finance operations, and managed the accounting cycle for a number of clients.
- Served as CFO for the following clients: Edutone (EdTech), Maniak Experiencial (Nearshoring), Spectrum Bridge (5G ISP), CeleritasCloud (SaaS), Mada Power (energy storage), Omni Agri Trade Group (AgTech).
Focus areas: Private Company Valuation, Financial Risk Assessment, Credit Risk, Financial Reporting, Pitch Decks, Financial Management, Revenue & Expense Projections, Project Finance, Transaction Modeling, Capital Structure Analysis, 409A Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation, Budgeting, Comparable Company Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Fundraising, CFO, Strategy, Financial Modeling, Excel Modeling, Venture Capital, Latin America (LATAM), Mexico, Valuation Modeling, Revenue Recognition
2020 - 2021
- Conducted investor due diligence and acquisition, resulting in a 5x uplift in value.
- Completed 2018-2020 audit successfully, working with external auditors.
- Built a strong finance team, empowered to make their own work product.
Focus areas: Accounting, Operations, Finance, Audits, Financial Controlling, Excel Modeling, Venture Capital, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Latin America (LATAM), Mexico, Valuation Modeling, Revenue Recognition
2011 - 2013
Sub Segment Controller | CFO Latin America
- Led and performed all aspects of financial analysis and reporting as well as credit/risk analysis.
- Performed financial model development by business unit and product line for the division with over $2 billion in sales.
- Approved key projects and engagements (example: long-term maintenance service programs) in order to achieve financial targets.
- Developed and successfully executed international analyst exchange training program with over 10 analysts rotating within Latin America and headquarters in the United States and Germany.
- Managed the accounting and financial functions for 7 countries including Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina. Consolidated the information and reported to headquarters in Germany.
Focus areas: Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Credit Risk, Credit Analysis, Financial Controlling, Excel Modeling, Latin America (LATAM), Mexico, Valuation Modeling, Revenue Recognition
2004 - 2007
Manager, Financial Analysis
- Directed the financial modeling and analysis for both regional (various international, including Central and South America, Sub-Sahara Africa and South East Asia) and corporate operations to sustain growth and to facilitate operations funding.
- Conducted a detailed transaction analysis (acquisitions and divestitures) to approve and submit to the executive committee and board review.
- Examined the financial models for accuracy and regulatory/standards compliance.
- Orchestrated the divestiture of company assets, returning over $1.5 billion to strategic investors.
Focus areas: Corporate Finance, Transaction Modeling, Financial Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Controlling, Excel Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Latin America (LATAM), Valuation Modeling, Revenue Recognition
1996 - 2002
- Collaborated with teams from various financial disciplines, including commodities, structured products, underwriting, and trading, to craft financial transactions that met credit risk, cash flow, and reserve requirements.
- Led a team of financial professionals in financial analysis, modeling, risk assessment/management, and project due diligence for capital initiatives in the Southern Cone region.
- Oversaw the development of complex financial models as well as analyses of cash flows and financial performance to prepare, and later present, energy service pricing/tariff proposals to Bolivian government and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinated negotiations on tariffs, budgets, and regulatory matters.
- Directed the financial modeling and analysis of major projects, including $300 million pipeline project spanning Bolivia and Brazil as well as the construction of a $500 million power plant in Brazil.
- Oversaw the credit line approval for 100+ trades and structured transactions.
- Trained and mentored 20+ traders/structurers on credit risk exposure strategies.
Focus areas: Credit Analysis, Budgeting, Project Finance, Due Diligence, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Financial Modeling, Credit Risk, Financial Controlling, Excel Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
1995 - 1996
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Finance and Operations
Thunderbird Global School of Management - Glendale, AZ, USA
1989 - 1994
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey | ITESM - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico