Verified Expert in Finance
Carol advised in the sale of a global multi-billion dollar energy company and served as a sub-segment controller/CFO for Siemens. She helps companies grow through acquisitions, fundraising, and strategic advisory. Carol has built some of the most sophisticated financial models for high-tech startups as well as large corporations and infrastructure projects. Freelancing allows her to broaden her industry focus while working with very driven CEOs.
CENAK Consulting L.P.
- Worked closely with CEOs on market entry strategies, corporate models, presentations, and investor decks.
- Performed all the aspects of strategic planning, accounting, and reporting for clients in diverse industries, including high-tech, software, energy, and biotechnology.
- Recommended strategic solutions for budgeting, capital requirements, contract negotiations, strategic initiatives, and back-office management.
- Built hundreds of financial models from scratch for fundraising, project development, and strategic management purposes.
- Established US internal accounting policies and procedures, set up Mexico accounting and finance operations, and managed the accounting cycle for a number of clients.
- Served as CFO for the following clients: Edutone (EdTech), Maniak Experiencial (Nearshoring), Spectrum Bridge (5G ISP), CeleritasCloud (SaaS), Mada Power (energy storage), Omni Agri Trade Group (AgTech).
- Conducted investor due diligence and acquisition, resulting in a 5x uplift in value.
- Completed 2018-2020 audit successfully, working with external auditors.
- Built a strong finance team, empowered to make their own work product.
Sub Segment Controller | CFO Latin America
- Led and performed all aspects of financial analysis and reporting as well as credit/risk analysis.
- Performed financial model development by business unit and product line for the division with over $2 billion in sales.
- Approved key projects and engagements (example: long-term maintenance service programs) in order to achieve financial targets.
- Developed and successfully executed international analyst exchange training program with over 10 analysts rotating within Latin America and headquarters in the United States and Germany.
- Managed the accounting and financial functions for 7 countries including Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina. Consolidated the information and reported to headquarters in Germany.
Manager, Financial Analysis
- Directed the financial modeling and analysis for both regional (various international, including Central and South America, Sub-Sahara Africa and South East Asia) and corporate operations to sustain growth and to facilitate operations funding.
- Conducted a detailed transaction analysis (acquisitions and divestitures) to approve and submit to the executive committee and board review.
- Examined the financial models for accuracy and regulatory/standards compliance.
- Orchestrated the divestiture of company assets, returning over $1.5 billion to strategic investors.
- Collaborated with teams from various financial disciplines, including commodities, structured products, underwriting, and trading, to craft financial transactions that met credit risk, cash flow, and reserve requirements.
- Led a team of financial professionals in financial analysis, modeling, risk assessment/management, and project due diligence for capital initiatives in the Southern Cone region.
- Oversaw the development of complex financial models as well as analyses of cash flows and financial performance to prepare, and later present, energy service pricing/tariff proposals to Bolivian government and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinated negotiations on tariffs, budgets, and regulatory matters.
- Directed the financial modeling and analysis of major projects, including $300 million pipeline project spanning Bolivia and Brazil as well as the construction of a $500 million power plant in Brazil.
- Oversaw the credit line approval for 100+ trades and structured transactions.
- Trained and mentored 20+ traders/structurers on credit risk exposure strategies.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Finance and Operations
Thunderbird Global School of Management - Glendale, AZ, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey | ITESM - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring