CENAK Consulting L.P.
2002 - PRESENT
- Worked closely with CEOs on market entry strategies, corporate models, presentations, and investor decks.
- Performed all the aspects of strategic planning, accounting, and reporting for clients in diverse industries, including high-tech, software, energy, and biotechnology.
- Recommended strategic solutions for budgeting, capital requirements, contract negotiations, strategic initiatives, and back-office management.
- Built hundreds of financial models from scratch for fundraising, project development, and strategic management purposes.
- Established US internal accounting policies and procedures, set up Mexico accounting and finance operations, and managed the accounting cycle for a number of clients.
- Served as CFO for the following clients: Edutone (EdTech), Maniak Experiencial (Nearshoring), Spectrum Bridge (5G ISP), CeleritasCloud (SaaS), Mada Power (energy storage), Omni Agri Trade Group (AgTech).
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Strategy, CFO, Fundraising, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Comparable Company Analysis, Budgeting, Valuation, Valuation Multiples, 409A Valuation, Capital Structure Analysis, Transaction Modeling, Project Finance, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Management, Pitch Deck Financials, Financial Reporting, Credit Risk Analysis, Financial Risk Assessment, Private Company Valuation
Sub Segment Controller | CFO Latin America
2011 - 2013
- Led and performed all aspects of financial analysis and reporting as well as credit/risk analysis.
- Performed financial model development by business unit and product line for the division with over $2 billion in sales.
- Approved key projects and engagements (example: long-term maintenance service programs) in order to achieve financial targets.
- Developed and successfully executed international analyst exchange training program with over 10 analysts rotating within Latin America and headquarters in the United States and Germany.
- Managed the accounting and financial functions for 7 countries including Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina. Consolidated the information and reported to headquarters in Germany.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Credit Analysis, Credit Risk Analysis, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting
Manager, Financial Analysis
2004 - 2007
- Directed the financial modeling and analysis for both regional (various international, including Central and South America, Sub-Sahara Africa and South East Asia) and corporate operations to sustain growth and to facilitate operations funding.
- Conducted a detailed transaction analysis (acquisitions and divestitures) to approve and submit to the executive committee and board review.
- Examined the financial models for accuracy and regulatory/standards compliance.
- Orchestrated the divestiture of company assets, returning over $1.5 billion to strategic investors.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Modeling, Transaction Modeling, Corporate Finance
1996 - 2002
- Collaborated with teams from various financial disciplines, including commodities, structured products, underwriting, and trading, to craft financial transactions that met credit risk, cash flow, and reserve requirements.
- Led a team of financial professionals in financial analysis, modeling, risk assessment/management, and project due diligence for capital initiatives in the Southern Cone region.
- Oversaw the development of complex financial models as well as analyses of cash flows and financial performance to prepare, and later present, energy service pricing/tariff proposals to Bolivian government and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinated negotiations on tariffs, budgets, and regulatory matters.
- Directed the financial modeling and analysis of major projects, including $300 million pipeline project spanning Bolivia and Brazil as well as the construction of a $500 million power plant in Brazil.
- Oversaw the credit line approval for 100+ trades and structured transactions.
- Trained and mentored 20+ traders/structurers on credit risk exposure strategies.
Focus areas: Credit Risk Analysis, Financial Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Valuation, Due Dilligence, Project Finance, Budgeting, Credit Analysis