Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Dalibor is a CFO who has led management teams at companies with annual sales ranging from $25-$80 million, including Lafarge. He has spent 16 years in corporate finance, investment management, pricing management, and business development with specific expertise in construction materials, agriculture, and food industries. Dalibor sees freelancing as an opportunity to apply and leverage his experience to a range of business fields.
Head of Data Management
Sahmik (via Toptal)
- Supported the development of Sahmik, a web platform and mobile application that contains data from stock exchanges in the Middle East and North Africa regions, intended to be used by potential investors and financial analysts.
- Structured the database for the terminal and application.
- Developed the data entry and data control procedures.
- Created a coding system and developed a chart of accounts.
- Standardized and unified the reports from different sources.
- Recruited and organized the data entry and data processing teams.
- Supported developers in the web platform and mobile application development.
- Prepared feasibility studies for the reconstruction of the water and wastewater infrastructure in municipalities (financed by EIB and other relevant institutions).
- Analyzed water consumption data and prepared the consumer database.
- Performed a financial analysis of the companies that operate water and wastewater infrastructure. Those companies are in the ownership of the municipalities in which infrastructure projects should be performed.
- Conducted a financial analysis of the investment plan for water and wastewater infrastructure improvement and investment modeling.
- Implemented a municipality credit rating and debt capacity assessment in order to estimate their ability to repay the loan used to finance relevant infrastructure projects.
Freelance Finance Expert
Clients (via Toptal)
- Advised a client who had started a small business in the US.
- Built a cash-flow model for daily cash flow management, cash flow planning, analyses, and forecasting.
- Researched the US factoring market for small businesses.
- Coached and supported clients on cash flow management.
- Mentored and supported a client in defining their KPIs.
Freelance Consultant | Due Diligence, Financial Matters, Negotiations
Acquisition Project in the Food Industry
- Performed a preliminary financial analysis of the target entity concerning its business performance, liquidity, and solvency. The company name remains confidential as negotiations are still ongoing.
- Built a long-term business plan for the target entity using a three-statement operating model based on the historical performance of the company and future assumptions.
- Conducted a risk analysis of the target company business by identifying key success factors and the implication of their change on business performance, cash generation, future liquidity, and future indebtedness.
- Performed a benchmark analysis of the target entity, comparing its business performance with main competitors in the industry.
- Valued the target entity using DCF valuation methodology.
- Participated in the negotiations with the current owner about the sale of the company.
- Monitored the complete development of innovative products (tuna-fish-based sausages and salami) from the investment analysis to shelf placement in the retail stores, with an investment of $0.5 million.
- Established the budgeting process from scratch by developing Excel budgeting models for each business area of the company.
- Built the business case regarding a company spin-off. The company is vertically integrated, with business areas including agriculture production, fish food production, fish farms, fish products, and a retail chain that continues separate operations.
- Established the KPIs for each business area. Using these KPIs, followed up with responsible directors and managers performance of those businesses as well as achievement of the targets.
- Developed a flexible pricing management tool that established a correlation between sales quantities, sales prices, and profit. This tool was used to lead negotiation for sales quantities, sales prices, and rebates.
- Managed a team of 12 that handled the accounting, payments, and activity supervision.
MK Group (Carnex)
- Built a financial model to analyze the investment in the improvement of energy efficiency through recycling wasted energy, which created energy cost savings of $0.2 million.
- Developed a strategic plan applying the balanced scorecard approach and developed dashboards to follow up realization along with the management plan.
- Improved the unit cost and price calculation by implementing advanced overhead cost allocation into ERP, applying activity-based costing.
- Constructed a financial model for the selling price benchmark with the competition with scenario analysis on company profitability, analyzing cases where prices should be lowered in coordination with sales forces.
- Managed a team of 13 that performed the controlling and data analyses.
MK Group (Carnex)
- Completely managed an investment into fresh meat distribution, from the investment analysis to the contracting with retail chains. This investment was worth $2 million and increased the profit of the company by $0.4 million in the first year.
- Built a profitability model that analyzed the impacts of price changes on the base case EBITDA, as defined by the annual budget. It was used to define the company's commercial strategy in negotiations with retail chains and distributors.
- Monitored the development of a new product—children's pâté and ready meals—from the initial idea through investment analysis and retail store shelf placement. This product increased profit by $0.3 million in the first year.
- Performed product portfolio optimization where products with negative gross margins and low volume products (with positive gross margins, but in total unprofitable due to small production series) were cut. This improved profits by $0.5 million.
- Managed a team of 35, which performed the accounting, payment, controlling, and data processing activities.
Asamer Baustoffe AG-Fabrika Cementa Lukavac
- Managed an entire $7 million investment program related to alternative fuels, process optimization (with tax optimization from the investment analysis through investment proposal selection), investment decisions, and negotiations with suppliers.
- Supervised the development of the concrete business—a $5 million investment—through the acquisition of an existing concrete plant, the rental of one plant, and the construction of a new greenfield one.
- Managed, in coordination with the management team, a cost reduction plan that resulted in cost savings of $0.9 million compared to the prior year through introducing alternative fuels, maintenance optimization, downsizing, and purchasing deals.
- Led a team of company directors in a five-year strategy definition, helping them define the assumptions concerning the future development of the business and in investment proposals generation.
- Managed a team of 16, which performed accounting, controlling, payment, IT equipment maintenance, ERP support, and purchasing activities.
Head of Controlling
- Built a flexible spreadsheet for the annual budget, which covers all aspects of the business where the data is derived for local board budget meetings and discussions, as well as for discussions with group management.
- Managed a cost-reduction program in cooperation with all responsible managers, which created $2.5 million in cost savings in 2008 compared to 2006.
- Supervised a working capital reduction program in cooperation with responsible managers through inventory level reduction and payable improvements. These initiatives improved annual cash generation by $2 million in 2008 compared to 2006.
- Developed financial models and scenarios for investment analyses using DCF, net present value, and IRR analyses and participated in investment decisions for investments of $20 million related to energy efficiency and cost savings.
- Implemented Sarbanes-Oxley internal control procedures.
- Constructed a flexible five-year strategic business plan, which included key assumptions concerning the development of the business as well as future investments, including return, sensitivity analysis, and dividends projection.
- Managed a team of four, which performed financial reporting, financial analyses, and ad hoc analyses required by the top management.
- Established local cost centers per group reporting requirements, covering production, production support, and SG&A functions.
- Created—in coordination with a local IT team, which developed the appropriate software—a unit-product-cost-calculation procedure.
- Built a cost-reporting structure that was appropriate and understandable for all levels of managers and covered the responsibility and level of control of each separate level of managers.
- Constructed a flexible forecasting tool for variable and fixed costs.
- Developed a pricing model based on unit product cost calculations and targeted margins covering multiple scenario analyses.
F&A Module Team Leader, ERP Implementation
- Identified localization needs for the JDE Edwards ERP system to comply with local VAT regulations, specifically regarding VAT calculations after advance payments, initially unsupported by JD Edwards.
- Improved the business processes (for finance and accounting) concerning payment and money collection transactions via automation.
- Set up and tested a system concerning accounts for the automation of transaction bookings (receivables, payables, inventories, and fixed assets) as well as the setting of the tax rates and tax calculation.
- Trained and mentored the end users on the new ERP system.
- Supported end users with the old system and the go-live stage simultaneously concerning technical problems and other open issues.
- Managed a team of three, which performed process analyses, training of the end users, system testing, and a system set up of the finance-and-accounting module.
- Developed two-way reporting after an acquisition by Lafarge in accordance with local accounting standards and IFRS.
- Structured a post-acquisition chart of the accounts in accordance with the group's reporting requirements.
- Automated data transfers from a local ERP to Hyperion Financial management.
- Improved and automatized the procedures for a local ERP regarding the bookings of transactions in retail stores.
- Developed the controls in a local ERP system to ensure reliable bookings.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
University of Novi Sad - Novi Sad, Serbia
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring