Verified Expert in Finance
David has modeled multiple successful asset acquisitions and development projections from $5 million to $100 million. His primary industry expertise is in real estate, but he is also experienced in a variety of industries, including restaurants, spas, wellness centers, cable TV, medical, and manufacturing businesses, to name a few. His freelance focus is on financial projections for acquisition, startup pro forma, and operational projections.
G. David Bradshaw, Financial Consultant
- Designed and prepared a pro forma projection for an innovative startup online advertising company with projected five-year revenues of over $700 million.
- Prepared projections for the construction and operation of a 40,000 GSF hospital-affiliated health and wellness center with $13 million in development costs, $3.5 million of equity investment, and five-year revenues of over $29 million.
- Prepared the startup projections for an experience economy-focused wellness company with 3-year total revenues of over $30 million and $2 million of capital investment. The model was used to determine project feasibility and obtain debt financing.
- Developed operating projections for a startup wellness equipment manufacturer with $2.5 million in capital investments and five-year projected revenues of $21 million.
- Developed over 300 models for more than 200 clients for companies ranging from $500,000 to over $1 billion in revenues since 2012.
Finance Manager | Treasurer
- Developed the operating budget for 36 profit centers representing 60,000 subscribers in two operating companies that were owned by a single corporate overhead company with $66 million in revenues and $26 million in capital investment. Also coordinated the re-forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Designed and implemented treasury operations and cash management procedures which involved coordination of activity between nine separate banks comprising 19 bank accounts with three legal entities.
- Developed a monthly financial reporting package for the board of directors and venture capital investors with a focus on the use of investment proceeds and return on investment.
- Managed a pole rent program with over 15 different utilities and $2.2 million of annual rental payments.
- Coordinated the due diligence efforts regarding the disposition of company cable systems to five separate buyers; including a final sale of more than half of the company's assets to Fidelity Communications.
Finance Manager | Assistant Treasurer
- Developed the operating budget for a cable company with three profit centers located in Maryland, Michigan, and Washington with corporate offices in Missouri, representing 75,000 subscribers and annual revenues of $125 million.
- Managed the daily cash collections and pooling from six different cash boxes (banks).
- Designed and produced a monthly KPI and variance report for subscriber addition, attrition, revenue per subscriber, marketing cost per new subscriber, capital cost per new connect, revenue per product (TV, internet, and telephone), programming cost per product and per subscriber among others.
- Developed a process to remove waste in cable box inventory process—leading to a $200,000 decrease in turnaround expense annually.
Senior Professional, Finance
GE Commercial Finance
- Generated $70 million of incremental net income through the development of an analytical model which identified the most distressed banks in need of liquidity and highest likelihood of failure which resulted in the acquisition of over $800 million of commercial loan portfolios.
- Brought about $36 million of incremental net income after leading a successful project team comprised of senior management in the development of processes and procedures related to the securitization of commercial real estate loans, and participated directly in the pooling and selling of loans totaling $961 million.
- Set up $20 million of incremental net income from the management of cross-functional teams in the design, development, and product launch of seven new products which resulted in over $300 million of new loan funding.
- Generated $1.2 million of incremental net income from reducing loan securitization cycle time (loan-close to loan-securitization period) by 32% and increased overall loan securitization eligibility by 8%.
- Saved $700,000 of cost annually from leading a project to reduce margin erosion due to interest rate exposure on a rate lock product which reduced the cycle time by 60% and decreased the margin erosion by 40%.
Justifying Investments With the Capital Budgeting Process
Aligned for Success: A Guide to What Investors Look for in a Startup
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
Appalachian State University - Boone, NC, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Economics
Culver-Stockton College - Canton, MO, USA
Six Sigma Black Belt
General Electric Company
Leadership Workshop for Individual Contributors (Commercial Management)
Jack Welch Corporate Training Center (GE)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring