Verified Expert in Finance
An LSE graduate with a distinguished investment banking career at institutions such as the Deutsche Bank, Emir has led dozens of M&A, structured finance, startup funding, and IPO transactions with a total value of over $20 billion. Alongside working on building new things, freelancing allows him to share his passion for developing unique, creative perspectives with others. Emir enjoys advising on complex situations across various industries, including fintech, new media, real estate, and energy.
Investor Presentation For Sustainable Residential Real Estate Startup Project
Structured Equity and Convertible Term Sheet Model Sensitivities
Multi-scenario Bottom-up Operating Model for a Global Data Center Operator
Bottom-up, Cohort-based Operating Model for Online Consumer Lending Platform
Business Development Advisor
The Legends' Treasures
- Led business development and commercialization efforts for the world's largest Hollywood and pop culture collection with over 15000 artifacts from renowned celebrities, including costumes, stage memorabilia, personal items, and vehicle collections.
- Conducted market and comparative analysis to determine pricing and visitor potential for physical experience museum and digital immersive exhibitions based on the collection's content.
- Developed a financial model for a single location physical for-profit museum as well as a global network of digital immersive exhibitions.
- Drafted, negotiated, and executed sponsorship and operational agreements with key parties, including technology and content providers, production companies, event venues, and investors.
- Drafted investor and government-level economic, tourism, and cultural impact presentations for discussion with various stakeholders.
- Evaluated business model and feasibility of blockchain-based utility tokens and NFTs using collection content as commercialization and fundraising alternatives.
Financial and Board Advisor
- Created a proprietary social media engagement app to track the success of media campaigns and the engagement metrics of influencers used in those campaigns.
- Conducted the valuation analysis, developed the investment and operating structure, and negotiated the term sheet for a $200,000 equity commitment from a large digital media agency.
- Developed data-driven brand level revenue and effort analysis to increase operational and human resource efficiency and focus on the highest value clients.
Co-founder and Head of Business Development
Mother Earth Habitat
- Negotiated and completed the contract with the current anchor investor for a $30 million capital commitment to developing the project in global locations.
- Led investor negotiations with 10+ potential parties and explored investment structures, including public real estate investment trusts and private investor capital.
- Created 50+ page investor presentations, conducted feasibility analysis for an illustrative project with 40 housing units, and modeled potential capital deployment and development structures for investors.
- Surveyed and conducted feasibility analysis, including power requirements and agricultural capacity for over 20 potential development locations.
- Negotiated a contract with and hired a general manager of real estate development and construction with 25+ years of experience in the industry.
- Reverse engineered existing bank APIs before open banking regulation to build an early prototype for a bank account aggregation platform.
- Created a 70+ page investor presentation, including market research, business plan, and investor value-add, and presented it to over 20 potential investors.
- Negotiated with six interested investors and received commitments for a $500,000 seed investment from two anchor investors.
- Conducted rent roll, cash flow, valuation, and financing analysis for 85,000 sqm area, 270+ tenant luxury shopping center, and subsequently led the sale of a non-majority stake at $1 billion total valuations to a sovereign wealth fund.
- Built cash flow model, valuation analysis, and investor materials for the $500 million refinancing of 1GW hydropower portfolio; oversaw investor outreach, coordinated with 50+ interested acquirers, and led the negotiation of terms with the parties.
- Created cash flow model, valuation analysis, and investor materials for a 300MW wind farm portfolio; oversaw investor outreach, coordinated with 10+ interested acquirers, and led the negotiation of terms with shortlisted parties.
- Led the structured refinancing process of around $200 million vendor loan for a global duty-free operator.
- Developed portfolio valuation analysis and investment committee materials and drafted the bid letter to acquire the management rights of a $250 million MENA-based venture capital portfolio.
- Created bottom-up store-by-store cohort footfall and average basket size based operating model for 10,000 store discount retailer and negotiated terms for a $200 million structured refinancing of capital structure.
- Built the operating model, valuation, and market analysis and contributed to draft analyst presentations and IPO memorandum of a $600 million IPO for a hospital operator with around 2,000 bed capacity across 11 locations.
- Conducted detailed market analysis, transaction modeling, and valuation analysis, and drafted the committee papers for the financing and advisory of a $15 billion cross-border merger between the US and French-based AAA game developers.
- Developed the operating model, valuation, and competitor analysis and drafted related committee papers for a pan-European online food delivery aggregator's refinancing and the $5 billion IPO.
- Drove market analysis, valuation analysis, merger structure analysis, and drafted committee papers for the $5 billion cross-border mergers between US and UK-based FTA TV and media conglomerates.
- Built the operating model, market benchmarking, valuation, and multiple expansion analysis; drafted offer and terms structure for the $2 billion acquisition of a publicly-traded digital real estate classifieds operator by a global media conglomerate.
- Created a combined business plan, conducted market and merger analysis, and drafted valuation impact and deal structure to acquire a $5 billion European digital classifieds operator by a publicly-traded pan-European media conglomerate.
- Crafted the operating model and conducted valuation analysis, market benchmarking, and capital structure analysis to refinance the existing leveraged buyout package of a sponsor-owned subscription-based energy research and consultancy business.
- Conducted market research, valuation, carve-out, and has-gets analysis; drafted financing structure and related investment committee papers for a global outdoor advertising business's $2 billion carve-out financing by a blue-chip financial sponsor.
- Built a detailed operating model, performed valuation, market benchmarking, synergy, and merger analysis, and drafted related committee papers on a $20 billion merger between pan-European cable and mobile operators.
- Performed buy-side due diligence and market analysis, created operating model, and drafted financing memoranda and valuation analysis for a $2 billion buy-side acquisition advisory and financing of a North European cable operator.
- Conducted delinquency roll-rate, account-based cash flow, recovery and payment rate analysis, valuation, and partner economics analysis to acquire a $250 million non-performing receivable portfolio from a global bank by a global hedge fund.
- Performed loan book analysis, new market pricing, market benchmarking, and valuation analysis and built a bottom-up operating model for selling a $30 million publicly traded consumer lending platform by a home credit and a digital finance operator.
- Prepared bottom-up operating model, cohort-based loan performance analysis, aggregate loan book performance analysis, valuation, and structured the term sheet for the $20 million financing of a consumer lending platform.
- Developed a site-based operating model, performed market benchmarking and valuation analysis, and drafted an investment offer letter to acquire a $1.5 billion publicly traded European data center operator by a blue-chip private equity fund.
- Executed all aspects of three colocation and hosting operator acquisitions by a publicly-traded European data center operator, including building operating models, conducting benchmarking and valuation analysis, and drafting SPA documentation.
Master's Degree in Finance and Economics
London School of Economics and Political Science - London, UK
Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Investment Management
McGill University - Montreal, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring