Investment Director, Sector Manager TMT
2005 - 2010
Martin Currie Investment Management
- Contributed detailed business analysis, forecasting and valuation (DCF, HOLT, DDM, multiples, scenario analysis) with a focus on global TMT (growth) sectors.
- Performed rigorous bottom-up equity and credit research for firms owned in client portfolios. This encompassed building and maintaining financial models (more than a five-year-long history, more than three years of forecasts), including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements; a consideration of difference to consensus and risk assessment. Examples include Apple (smartphones), Autonomy & IBM (software), Bell South (US telco), Digi.com & Millicom (emerging market mobile), Telenet (Belgium cable) and ASML & TSMC (semiconductors).
- Completed ad-hoc appraisals of new investment opportunities, including new IPOs globally and SEOs for growth, M&A, or repair of balance sheets. Evaluated various IPO activity included Kabel Deutschland, MasterCard, Telenet, Visa, and VMWare deals during this period. Appraised various M&A activities; including but was not limited to the AT&T/Bell-South, Babcock & Brown/Eircom, NTL/Virgin Mobile, and Verizon/Alltel deals.
- Managed a global TMT long/short fund and global TMT long-only model portfolio. Blended individual stock picks with a consideration of macro factor sensitivities, volatility, liquidity, and correlation.
- Presented investment process to consultants, clients, and prospects all the while withstanding significant pressure and scrutiny. Raised substantial assets under my management.
- Contributed to director and shareholder meetings at Martin Currie as a shareholder and director.
- Debated and shaped key issues pertaining to the business, including the annual budget, capital allocation, and the strategic plan.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Ratio Analysis, Valuation Analysis, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Dividend Policy, Capital Structure Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Pro Forma Financial Statements, Capital Investment Appraisals, Equity Offerings, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Marketing