Verified Expert in Finance
Martin is an international M&A, corporate finance, and strategy executive with 13+ years of experience across technology, healthcare, consumer, and industrial sectors. As an investment banker with KPMG Corporate Finance and Mizuho Securities, he advised public and privately held companies on M&A transactions in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Before that, Martin developed strategic partnerships and market entry strategies in the fintech and edtech industries.
Rakuten Acquisition of Buy.com for $250 Million
M&A Investment Banker
- Provided board and C-level financial advice and investment banking services on sell-side and buy-side cross-border M&A transactions in the middle market with EV ranging from $50 to $500 million+.
- Sourced and created pitches to win primarily sell-side engagements leveraging financial and strategic buyer networks focused on consumer brands, DTC, and eCommerce.
- Structured and negotiated deal terms with international and US counterparties, performed valuation analyses, drafting of buyer lists, confidentiality agreements, process letters, bid letters, information memorandums, and management presentations.
M&A Investment Banker
- Advised international public company executive management on negotiation strategies and navigation of competitive process dynamics. Identified and conducted due diligence and valuation analysis on potential targets.
- Drove deal execution process to close and coordinate workflows of client deal teams, legal, accounting, and consulting professional teams across international cultures and time zones.
- Recruited and trained analysts and associates to effectively create complex financial models from the ground up, including DCF, LBO, earn-out models, accretion/dilution analysis, market comparable, and precedent transaction analysis.
International Marketing Manager
- Sourced, negotiated, and implemented strategic alliances for Norwegian health-tech and edtech market leader, including partner agreement with Healthstream Inc. (Nasdaq: HSTM).
- Orchestrated launch of adaptive learning simulator software product line training emergency medical professionals in the healthcare, military, and professional education verticals.
- Spearheaded reference customer sales and implementation, customer-driven product improvements, established a three-level customer support structure, and trained sales teams in the US, EU, and Asia.
- Led a team of Silicon Valley developers and Japan-based marketing and sales teams to develop commodity futures module of online brokerage solution for the Tokyo Commodity Exchange.
- Managed $3m of revenue selling financial information systems and software solutions to Japan-based accounts including Société Générale, Charles Schwab Tokio Marine, Fidelity, and Putnam.
- Rotated international offices starting in Geneva (Switzerland), Tokyo (Japan), and London (UK) through Palo Alto, CA.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Copenhagen Business School - Copenhagen, Denmark