Verified Expert in Finance
Nathan leads M&A for a $7 billion enterprise-value, publicly traded company. His main focuses included verifying financial model inputs, leading due diligence, and integration planning. Nathan's efficient leadership of a cross-functional diligence team resulted in the most significant transaction ever for the company and the largest ever among publicly traded peers.
Director of Corporate Development
Centuri Construction Group
- Led transformation project to be a standalone public entity, including selecting company KPIs, gap analysis of staff skill sets, investor relations preparation, equity analyst coverage, regulatory reporting requirements, and operational optimization.
- Benchmarked the company’s performance against peers to identify lagging areas and worked with executive leadership and operations to prepare a game plan to improve.
- Narrowed the focus of M&A due diligence to remain competitive in the robust M&A marketplace, resulting in the company’s largest-ever transaction and largest among publicly traded industry peers ($855 million).
- Created an M&A playbook to formally document processes from target prospecting through diligence and ultimately integration, creating the ability to effectively communicate strategy and goals to internal support groups.
- Networked with multiple entrepreneurs, building trust that resulted in numerous bilateral negotiations with companies not previously considering a sale.
- Developed a new three-statement financial model that incorporated historical results into the future forecasts. Advanced the company's ability to quickly review and assess opportunities and set the pace for all potential buyers.
- Forged relationships with previously apprehensive business unit leaders and corporate support departments, resulting in clear, open, and transparent dialogue and the willing support of M&A target analysis and pursuit.
- Assessed real estate portfolio of target companies and developed sale-leaseback plans that resulted in immediate accretion.
Director of Corporate Development
- Led all stages of the acquisition cycle resulting in record practice growth.
- Provided FP&A leadership that identified causes of declining practice performance and corrective solutions resulting in 20–30% improvement.
- Managed internal and external transaction partners, including environmental engineers, legal firms, and buy-side brokers resulting in an accelerated opening timeline.
- Developed and maintained 5- and 10-year three-statement financial plans to assess capital sources and needs necessary to execute growth targets.
- Developed targeted improvement plans with practitioners resulting in increased average doctor pay, improving the doctor pipeline and free cash flow, allowing for accelerated growth.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Utilized investment strategy to create valuation reports that enhance bonus allocations based on quantifying portfolio managers’ impacts on the company's profitability.
- Performed regular budget, forecast, and variance analysis for multiple operations groups.
- Consulted with investment executives to accurately prepare budgets and month-end accruals, allowing annual budget creation and accountability.
- Developed financial analysis for multi-scenario asset growth models and utilized actuarial analysis to simulate impacts of market movements on profitability and free cash flow, determining sustainable dividend levels.
- Developed staffing needs analysis and coordinated with third-party contractors to ensure availability of resources for installations and maintenance.
- Maintained accurate month-end close, reporting, and accruals; worked closely with the marketing department, analyzing promotion profitability and risk through NPV/DCF analysis of costs and acceptance rates.
- Managed equipment inventory to optimize investment while minimizing inventory costs.
- Incorporated financial analysis at the dealership level to identify optimization opportunities.
- Turned around failing dealership through strong management and employee development.
- Incorporated budget and variance analysis at multiple dealerships that led to immediate financial improvements.
Master's Degree in Corporate Finance
Virginia Tech - Blacksburg, VA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
University of Virginia's College at Wise - Wise, VA, USA