Verified Expert in Finance
Paul has a diverse background in supporting customers across multiple sectors, including developing, selling, and delivering projects to customers and being accountable for service companies' organizational performance. These past experiences allow Paul to leverage his extensive business knowledge to help his clients, ensuring that the business problems are clearly understood and the expectations on outcomes are achieved.
- Created the sales and account management strategy for a 200-person data management consulting firm.
- Developed the strategy and business plan for creating a new consultancy by merging a large technology consulting firm with a global engineering and construction company.
- Made the design package and supported the go-to-market strategy for the development of new technology for detecting corrosion under insulation for a global energy company.
- Oversaw the Alberta region with a team of over 300 employees. During my tenure, the region had over 20% annual growth and added three new long-term clients.
- Managed the Suncor account of more than $50 million annually. The account had over 20% revenue and EBIT growth with expansion into the day-to-day safety and productivity tools, point of sale refresh, and other consulting support.
- Led North American sales for the new Industry X.0 practice, doubling the revenue for the resources and energy sector, including direct sales of a connected mining solution to a global miner and a turnaround solution to three global energy companies.
- Oversaw the maintenance and turnaround division of FT Services, a joint venture between AECOM and Transfield Services. I also managed all business activities, including P&L reporting to a board.
- Transitioned ERP from SAP to JD Edwards with a 9-month schedule, on time and within budget. Utilized a small number of external consultants and an internal team.
- Secured new long-term contracts with large multinational resources and energy clients for two new sites with a contract value in excess of $500 million.
- Led the company's transition back into one of the parent companies, AECOM, including all of the combined functional services to increase margins by more than 20%.
SVP of Operations
- Acted as part of the leadership team that sold Colt Engineering to WorleyParsons in 2007. As part of the transaction, I led the due diligence and integration for sales and strategy, including the investor prospectus.
- Led the Northern Australia business for three years, more than tripling the business during that period with growth in oil and gas, mining, and infrastructure.
- Headed the Calgary operations for two years. It's Worley's second-largest office, with revenue of over $800 million per year and growth in oil and gas, mining, and energy.
- Helped create the global procurement group, completing detailed analytics on global competitiveness.
- Led the procurement team for the world's largest ethylene complex in Kuwait.
- Sold over $4 billion in projects to five clients from 2000 to 2003.
- Supported the development of the oil and gas global strategy refresh, including the global account plans and management for BP and Dow.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
University of Houston - Clear Lake, Texas, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
University of Calgary - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring