Verified Expert in Finance
Rolf is an international finance executive with hands-on experience in large-scale global companies and start-ups. He's confident leading remote teams, strong in process optimization, completes thorough deep dives, and provides solid solutions. He uses robust strategic and analytical approaches to optimize and turn companies around. Rolf has built organizations and investment pipelines, set up reporting structures, and designed and executed turn-around plans to create winning client solutions.
Senior Vice President of Finance
Trilogy - ESW Capital
- Streamlined and automated global O2C processes, cutting process time in half and eliminating a 14 day backlog.
- Created, implemented, and used real work assessments to hire all finance professionals for a 100% remote workforce.
- Built budgets and forecasts for the company's largest group of entities while in the FP&A function.
Co-CEO and CFO
- Created strategies for European expansion, product development, and strategic partnerships.
- Trimmed the organization of non-value adding positions and turned a loss into gross margins of 15%.
- Reached above 80% of the consulting capacity billed and increased revenue of supporting consulting services by a 327%-an increase over 2017.
- Transformed the organization to agile software development and implemented a remote team structure.
- Built a business model for budget and reporting purposes, which was also used for investor presentations in connection with funding.
- Implemented a turnaround plan and reached a 9% profit margin in 12 months turnaround.
- Grew revenue by 19%, and picked up lost revenue from time registration.
- Secured improved financing and lowered the cost of capital with 3%-points.
- Found and hired a permanent CFO at the end of the 12 month period.
- Built budget plans and models used for forecast, analysis, and funding requirement. Models made flexible to allow for subsequent alterations and scenario analysis.
Exact Capital & Consulting
- Built the pitch and raised the first fund with a focus on PE/VC investments in companies with a focus on Brazil and Latin America.
- Built an attractive pipeline of 30 potential investment candidates, executed due diligence on four of them.
- Executed two investments and subsequently worked with each company to deliver growth plans.
- Established own consulting business serving primarily foreign companies wishing to establish themselves in Brazil.
- Created a reporting package for a Danish telecommunications company listed on the leading stock exchange in Denmark.
- Obtained local product approval for a major Danish producer of personal protective gear.
- Built own business from scratch, importing furniture, lamps, and decorative items from Denmark to Brazil.
- Built a portfolio of clients through interior design offices and a showroom directly to the end consumer.
- Sold the business to competitor including a 12 month earn-out deal.
- Increased the market share by 7%-points in the first year.
- Led the organization from last to first place on a regional assessment of all main KPI’s.
- Achieved a top ranking in Africa in a customer satisfaction survey.
- Delivered strong improvement in employee satisfaction.
- Implemented SAP across all business units. Renegotiated a major joint venture contract with a local partner in a port terminal project, improving the bottom-line with $1.5mill per year.
- Spearheaded a local merger with P&O Nedlloyd following a global acquisition, retaining all key staff.
- Secured funding through a local development bank (BNDES) for the construction of two supply vessels at the local Brazilian shipyard.
- Reduced the sourcing cost by 4% by establishing an in-house procurement department.
APM Terminals Jamaica
- Prepared the operation of the terminal, which included hiring 450 staff (both blue-collar and administration), establish positions and compensation packages, and operations procedures within two months.
- Charged with setting up all procedures within finance and accounting following a take over of the operation of the port.
- Drove cost improvements by creating cost awareness, supplier negotiations, and introduced lifetime cost concepts.
Master's Degree in International Finance
Aarhus School of Business - Aarhus University - Aarhus, Denmark
Executive Leadership Program
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring