Verified Expert in Finance
Solon has been consistently highly rated in Reuters-Extel surveys as a sell-side equity analyst. In recent years, Greece's economic situation has spurred him to take his career international. As a freelancer, he serves a wide variety of clients from around the world, including the European Commission and the Economist's Intelligence Unit. His main focus is financial analysis and valuation work.
Small Business Institute
- Worked on a number of business cases to help small and medium-sized businesses reorganize in order to survive in the challenging Greek business environment.
- Mentored two businesses through a generational succession process.
- Involved in the development of a Greek early warning system for troubled companies.
- Helped a number of people retool and repurpose their skills in a challenging economic environment.
- Evaluated funding requests for the European Commission's Horizon 2020 program.
- Attended numerous briefings for evaluators since the very start of the project.
- Helped develop the current state of the program through constructive feedback.
Economist Intelligence Unit
- Covered the economic and political developments in Greece as they unfold.
- Covered specific sectors of importance to the economy in periodic reviews, including energy, health, and telecom.
- Maintained a review of pertinent regulations as regards the Greek business environment.
- Engaged in special projects as per client request including assessing the country's disaster recovery resilience, health-related projects, and more.
Group Strategic Analyst
- Built the company's strategy, including target identification, selection, valuation, negotiation, due diligence, and implementation.
- Participated actively in the process of securing a credit rating for the company.
- Involved in the due diligence process through which the company partnered up with the IFC in one of its subsidiaries.
Senior Equity Analyst
- Covered multiple sectors including building materials, media, and some food companies.
- Ranked in second and third place in EMEA for his building materials coverage in successive years.
- Helped junior analysts find their footing in assuming coverage of some companies.
Master's Degree in Political Science
Panteion University - Athens, Greece
Hansard Scholar in Hansard Scholars Programme
London School of Economics and Political Science - London, UK
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
University of Portsmouth - Portsmouth, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Math
University of Sussex - Brighton, UK
Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
Certified Early Warning Mentor
Interchamber Certification Institute (Greece)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Economic Chamber of Greece
Certified International Investment Analyst
The Association of Certified International Investment Analysts®, ACIIA