Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Tayfun is an entrepreneur/finance professional who co-founded one of the largest online retailers in the MENA region and a software application development company. He has provided financial and strategic expertise to founders and senior management in the eCommerce, SaaS, energy, and telecom sectors. Tayfun freelances to gain exposure to companies in a variety of industries and maturities. He is a pilot and loves flying whenever he gets a chance.
- Assisted a UK eCommerce company that serves the global market selling print-on-demand with general eCommerce strategy, pricing, and tactics for upcoming eCommerce launch.
- Helped a Kuwait-based SaaS integration tool company in pricing strategy, including determining value metrics for various pricing schemes to the impact of pricing on financial models.
- Assisted an India-based client that provides SaaS e-signature software for individuals and companies in pricing models to increase conversion rates and penetrate new markets.
- Aided a US-based cybersecurity company in determining its pricing strategy from cost-based and value-based pricing schemes.
- Assisted a US-based startup company developing an AI robotics tool to be used by landlords and real estate management companies to use in pricing strategy, including metric value determination for various target users and impact on financial models.
- Helped a US-based eCommerce client that focuses on eco-innovative products on overall eCommerce strategy and a flexible yet simple financial model for budgeting purposes.
- Assisted an Australian company that targets software developers on the go-to-market strategy of its new product from a financial perspective. The final model included lead management staffing costs and the plans' pricing to P&L.
- Assisted an AI startup by analyzing pricing models of more than 15 AI companies and ranked them based on their startup-friendly pricing, freemium pricing, and clear value metric.
T6 Consultancy, Inc.
- Analyzed pricing for a SaaS eCommerce company and suggested freemium and gradual pricing options to increase conversion and retention based on Microsoft BI output.
- Assisted in the preparation of a business model and deck for a mobile geolocation/IoT app startup. The company successfully raised one million dollars in a seed round.
- Performed technical and financial due diligence on the solar, wind, and biomass industries for a boutique renewables-focused investment bank for project financing and M&A activity for a pipeline worth $400 million.
- Supported legal, technical, and financial due diligence of renewable energy projects with PV, CSP solar, and ISCC technologies for a renewable energy project developer.
- Analyzed customer preferences for a global chip manufacturer by conducting primary research mainly among Fortune 500 companies' CIOs/CTOs. Developed data-backed recommendations and presented them to the department head.
- Provided a strategic overview of the Turkish market for a launch product in the medical devices market to be used as the basis for emerging market countries for a top-five global pharma player. Devised both a quantitative and a qualitative process.
- Implemented changes to a major telecom company in order to decrease retention and increase profitability for a $100+ million product line. The work involved a significant amount of modeling and cost-based pricing schemes.
- Contracted as a buy-side advisor in the negotiations and acquisitions of a bankrupt chocolate brand and its assets. The work involved constant interactions between the buyer, the seller, the banks that had the liens, and the legal teams.
- Prepared the strategy for fundraising for a gaming company and led the negotiations for fundraising for both strategic players and UK, US, and Asia-based VCs. Raised $250,000.
- Assisted in closing a multimillion-dollar energy generation project (CCGT) sale. Tasks included a review of the share purchase agreement, management of the virtual data room, and assisting in the negotiation for the seller.
Sivrihisar General Aviation Society
- Led one of the largest aviation clubs in Europe with an asphalt runway of 1810 m x 32 m and an area of over 100 hectares. The highlights of the club activity includes the organization of SHG airshow, which was attended by 65,000 people in 2022.
- Set the agenda and conducted board meetings to facilitate infrastructure investments and generate revenue for the club. The club is home to M.S.Ö. Air & Space Museum, one of the only flying museums in the world.
- Hosted various high-ranking national and international government officials to promote general aviation culture in the country.
Co-founder | CEO
- Set the SaaS pricing based on product offering and customer segments in the developer tools market.
- Researched the marketplace for the distribution of the product via inbound and outbound sales.
- Self-funded the company as an investor until the product reached its beta testing stage.
- Set up the company in the US and prepared sales terms and conditions.
- Prepared a fundraising deck aimed at angel investors.
Co-founder and COO
- Assisted the startup in various functions to reach from 0 to $10 million in yearly sales in three years.
- Expanded internationally to Europe and MENA via direct sales and partnerships.
- Performed cohort analysis to determine customer lifetime value (CLV) and used it to determine the efficiency of marketing budgets.
- Researched customer service call reasons and took corrective action in other departments to minimize or eliminate those reasons.
- Developed internal systems for order processing and financial projections.
- Formed an internal business intelligence tool to regularly access key business metrics including same customer orders, monthly recurring revenue, and more.
- Managed the product and customer success departments consisting of software engineers, copyright writers, and call center members to drive and manage the hypergrowth of the company.
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) in Accounting
Institute of Management Accountants - New Jersey
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
Cornell University - Ithaca, NY, USA
Master's Degree in Telecommunications
Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester, NY, USA
Private Pilot's License
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)