Andrew A. Arizpe
Verified Expert in Product Management
Andrew is a founder and certified scrum product owner obsessed with delivering the most value possible. Strategy, collaboration, and execution are Andrew's key strengths as a product manager, which come in handy when setting priorities with a team to focus and accomplish goals. The edtech, fintech, and eCommerce verticals are where he has spent most of his time, delivering user experiences and products around streaming video, content, and payments.
Head of Product
- Stood up an MVP in 24 hours for a print-on-demand store with t-shirt and accessory designs and received first orders within the next 24 hours.
- Leveraged generative AI to create SEO-friendly content related to the store and its products to attract shoppers.
- Created and distributed ads on various social media outlets. A/B tested ads and made iterative changes to increase conversions.
- Experimented with prompts and outputs of generative AI until an optimal approach for the business was identified.
Product Manager and Owner
- Led feature and data migration efforts from acquired platforms. Two companies were purchased shortly before my arrival, and I was tasked to oversee feature parity and data migrations into Syndigo's platform.
- Built content dashboards for clients who had hundreds of layouts for display on retail sites but no bird's eye view of their status. Included the most valuable information and delivered an informative experience that increased engagement.
- Led the effort to "stop the bleeding" when I arrived by prioritizing and systematically solving issues at the root where possible, addressing the significant churn due to bugs and support issues. By the next quarter, we were back on track.
Product Manager, Strategy
- Increased the predictability of managing multiple development teams in executing the roadmap.
- Identified opportunities based on data and market research and planned roadmaps based on the highest impact on business goals.
- Created users stories, wireframes, and prototypes based on requirements gathered from various stakeholders—increasing cohesion and eliminating the guessing game for engineers.
- Worked with marketing, sales, client success, and engineering to drive success at every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Created value propositions and built business cases to illustrate ROI potential, focusing efforts on the right products and positioning them for success.
- Led the UX team to deliver the most engaging and profitable user experience. Analyzed user behavior and delivered features leading to more transactions per user and higher overall satisfaction.
- Analyzed internal and external data to allow the organization to make better, fact-based decisions.
Chief Product Officer
- Created solutions that attracted users in 75,000 schools and $9 million in venture capital.
- Collaborated with engineers in translating ideas into viable solutions.
- Converted the development team from Waterfall to Agile—increasing predictability and efficiency.
- Acted as an ambassador between engineering, sales, third parties, and the like to keep everyone on the same page and to keep working towards the same goals.
- Made data-driven decisions about the direction of product and investment for the right products/features.
- Managed software development process; built roadmaps, wrote user stories, managed sprints, and releases.
- Developed go-to-market plans to encourage the adoption of new products/features leading to 100% YOY growth.
- Identified and drove adoption of productivity tools that enable collaboration, transparency, and execution through complex projects.
- Pitched to investors, closed clients and sponsors, and presented to the board of directors to sell the value of the company, our vision, and product offering.
User Education Articles
Wrote documentation, how-tos, and FAQs in a fun and delightful way to help users have a positive experience with the platform. The content was searchable and linked in the UI, and support requests decreased by 15% over three months.
Launched a video contest environment with the NFL and National Dairy Council; received thousands of video entries each year.
From a business perspective, I closed and went on to manage the account.
Working with the NFL, their third-party contractors, and our development teams, I led the software development effort serving in a product owner/project manager capacity.
We successfully ran the program for three years throughout the duration of the NFL's initiative.
Digitizing Educational Content for New Market
Created concept, roadmap, and prototype for MVP of an interactive phonics and vocabulary platform for students and educators. Testing both the conversion of their products to digital and their desire to reach the US to lay the foundation for the MVP.
Resume, Cover Letter, and Interview Consulting
Helped clients land interviews and ultimately get hired by crafting their resumes and cover letters and coaching them for the interview process.
Successfully increased video views per session from an average of 1.3 to 2.5—nearly doubling ad revenue.
• Improved the related video engine for better results.
• Added related videos to the video player.
• Set the most related video to autoplay after ten seconds.
• Set the most related video to autoplay after six seconds.
With each step, we moved the needle and proved "related videos" was a lever we could pull to increase engagement/revenue.
Product Health Score
Utilized data to fairly analyze 67 different product lines and determine which ones to invest in, maintain, or sunset.
After meeting with internal experts and gaining access to data, a scoring rubric was fabricated based on the most important and common traits/data points of the 67 different products.
The traits were broken up into four categories, and each group was weighted based on importance and impact on the future success of our products.
There was a lot of tribal knowledge and opinions on the "health" of particular products, but that knowledge and data of all the products had never been consolidated or presented in a way that could be easily consumed by the CEO.
The final health score did confirm many assumptions but also brought to light potential opportunities and problems. These opportunities and challenges were easy to dig deeper into because of the way we presented the deliverable.
It was a hit! Critical decisions were made with confidence. After building the health score manually and from scratch, it was transformed into an automated system that could be referenced based on quarterly data and insights.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications, Psychology
William Woods University - Fulton, MO, USA
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring