Co-founder | CEO2018 - PRESENTBookMigo
- Developed and growing BookMigo, a digital book club, that enables shared reading experiences amongst friends and strangers.
- Discovered and validated enthusiast reader needs/desires.
- Designed and validated the prototype with a focus on delighters (buddy reads, reading challenges).
- Defined MVP iterations, GTM plan, and the owning backlog.
- Actively engaged publishers to validate distribution and monetization models.
CEO | Principal2018 - PRESENTProdRocket
- Helped Array.io define their brand, positioning and product architecture. Led content strategy and launch of Array.io website.
- Defined, validated, and executed a monetization/GTM plan for a meditation mobile app.
- Conducted an opportunity analysis, customer discovery, and product validation for a music-tutoring app.
- Defined opportunity and validated the product for a messenger-based productivity app for "teams in the field."
- Performed a market analysis, business model design, and customer discovery for a real-estate agent SMS chatbot.
Director of Marketplace Products2017 - 2019AutoTrader.ca
- Led product and product marketing for 20m MAUs and 5k auto dealers—focused on creating value for car shoppers, dealers, and OEMs.
- Spearheaded the "Instant Cash Offer" launch and GTM which generated eight figures of incremental revenue.
- Led the transition (with an engineering counterpart) from a squad-based to a tribe-based product development organization.
- Instituted a mission and OKRs-based roadmap planning process across eight cross-functional squads.
- Worked with my team to generate ~$5 million from niche ad products (nonprime, multiprovincial upgrades and OEM keyword conquest).
Chief Customer Officer2016 - 2017BoardOnTrack
- Led marketing, customer success and product, accountable for recurring revenue for ~200 SaaS clients.
- Increased net dollar retention by 16% YOY by driving initial product adoption and promoting upgrade offering.
- Developed product packaging/positioning which revamped sales and customer success decks.
- Defined the customer journey and service design maps and crafted CS playbook across all touchpoints.
Director of Product Management2015 - 2016FlyWire
- Led product and product marketing for all customer-facing products (institutional billing, consumer payments).
- Evolved the platform and features to unlock new markets (UK, AU, CA) and verticals (health).
- Spearheaded higher educational partnerships/integrations to drive $5 million in incremental revenue.
- Launched a web crawler to track competitor’s FX rates, helping sales accumulate ~$3 million in bookings.
Product Manager — Consumer Web2014 - 2015FlyWire
- Harnessed consumer feedback (interviews, surveys) and A/B testing to increase payment conversion by 15%.
- Developed/owned FX pricing strategy, aiming to maximize FX revenue (multivariate testing) while accounting for competitor rates and user satisfaction.
- Released an "advanced funding platform" which reduced payment delivery from 3.5 to 1.5 days.
- Led the integration of country-specific payments to support growth in China, India, Korea, Brazil, and Africa.
Senior Associate (Corporate Development)2013 - 2014Enova International (ENVA)
- Led the full market analysis to identify new LOBs to drive corporate growth and diversification (based on market opportunity and ability to win).
- Defined and validated product opportunity for SMB lending business, Headway Capital—from business case and MVP design to pilot execution.
- Designed/launched a corporate-wide innovation initiative ("Enovation Tank"), where employees submit ideas, pitch to the CEO, and get approval to pursue proof-of-concept.
Founder | CEO2012 - 20143D Printer Hub
- Launched the first 3D printer marketplace—reaching $300,000 in sales within 18 months.
- Build out a Magento-based eCommerce platform, supporting custom pricing across international markets.
- Formed partnerships with ~15 manufacturers, receiving commissions on drop-shipped sales.
Associate (Growth Marketing | Strategy & Operations)2010 - 2013Enova International (ENVA)
- Managed a $10 million leads/affiliate budget optimized for LTV and CPA.
- Led the product launch of native apps and mobile web redesign for QuickQuid/Pound2Pocket.
- Designed a risk-management and process optimization for a 30-person underwriting department.
- Identified, designed, and launched a pre-approval direct mail program, yielding 12% increase in US loan volume.
Director of Operations | Director of Marketing2007 - 2009Uceda Institute (Chain of ESL Schools)
- Oversaw and was responsible for P&L of an ESL school with ~500 students and ~15 academic/administrative staff.
- Increased YOY enrollment by 20% and revenue by 15% by improving retention (class quality) and field marketing.
- Served as marketing director for nine ESL locations, increasing enrollment by 10% through overseas international student partnerships.