Verified Expert in Product Management
As a digital product leader with 15 years of experience, Esmar has built and scaled products for Fortune 500 companies and successful startups from Europe, with a focus on experimentation and a hands-on leadership style. He has the ability to make an impact by consistently delivering results that drive growth, increase revenue, and improve customer satisfaction. With his industry-agnostic approach and minimalist philosophy, Esmar can take your digital products to the next level.
Head of Product
- Launched TrueProfile.io, a startup on the mission to solve healthcare hiring abroad, becoming a global healthcare career hub.
- Prepared the platform to register user verifications concerning their education, work experience, and personal documentation. The platform has 1.5 million sign-ups and 600,000 verified healthcare users.
- Contributed to progressing the business towards acquiring 1 million verified users and an ARR of $1.5 million.
Chief Product Officer
Alpha Code Solutions, Sarajevo (BiH)
- Co-founded and launched a new company, working as a small product shop launching big products.
- Launched Beebee, winner of the Sarajevo Unlimited 2019 regional startup competition. Beebee is an electrical sharing scooter platform presently available in one city with ten thousand daily active users. The project has an ambitious mission to expand regionally.
- Launched D-App, a healthtech app that lowers depression by connecting users with professional medical help. In the first week of the launch, D-App had a thousand users and managed an equal amount of sessions.
Head of Product
- Launched Emaar One app, accomplishing 35,000 monthly active users, 150,000 monthly transactions for home services, and a 4.7 app rating. Emaar's website had around 500,000 monthly visits with a 5% online lead conversion rate.
- Released international property websites in Egypt, Turkey, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Morocco.
- Built a fintech product, an EMR token, blockchain-based loyalty and reward platform. Users could spend and earn tokens in the real estate, hospitality, and retail industries; they could use tokens to buy a property or book a hotel stay.
- Launched Groceries To Go, an eCommerce platform for same-day grocery delivery.
Senior Product Manager
Ministry of Programming, Sarajevo (BiH) and Hamburg (Germany)
- Launched NAGA, a social trading platform where users can trade with a simple finger swipe, similar to the Tinder app, but for stocks. The product is growing with 3,000 new daily users and has 500,000 monthly funded users.
- Released the NAGA crypto wallet product where users can instantly exchange cryptocurrencies, buy cryptos with credit cards, and send and receive such in their wallets.
- Launched the personalized NAGA Master Card, a prepaid card connected to all company services.
- Deployed the MIOO product, a new bicycle service concept in Sweden, releasing mobile apps for Android and iOS in one month and accomplishing 2,000 subscriptions in the MVP phase.
- Released the ShoppieGO product in Hungary, Germany, and Poland within two months, resulting in 5,000 daily active users experiencing augmented reality shopping in the retail market.
- Launched the MVP version of the Allexis Travel product, the first sellable product released at Cylo. It is a white-label product used by travel agencies during the booking process, which offers an add-on entertainment package.
- Collaborated with the business development team, UI/UX designers, solution architects, front-end developers, and QA as a Scrum team member.
- Created and defined product features, descriptions, and presentations for internal and external customers.
- Moderated UX and UI reviews with the Scrum team to align the development team's requirements, designs, and actual needs.
- Groomed the product backlog in Jira for priorities daily, preparing user stories for the development team's breakdowns with clear acceptance criteria.
- Completed and implemented 12 projects and products in four years for big telco corporations, like A1 Telekom AG Austria and Saudi Telecom, while the company transitioned from a project-oriented organization to a product-oriented organization.
- Launched products from the customer-management portfolio for a telco client, such as product catalog, CRM, unified-order management, configure price quote (CPQ), product-catalog publishing, omnichannel product, and product lifecycle management.
- Launched the omnichannel product for which the company was nominated for the Outstanding Contribution to Enabling Improved Customer Centricity Award by TM Forum.
- Commissioned, installed, and integrated all NGN network elements in a live network. Migrated customers from traditional TDM switches to IP softswitches distributed all over the country.
- Enrolled inside presales, site surveys, and project management. Handled all care activities for local customers.
- Migrated 2 million subscribers from TDM ports to IP network, using new-generation network NSN products.
Product Manager | IT Consultant
- Built and launched the company's own ERP solution, ImelBis, used by more than 200 clients in Southeastern Europe.
- Headed the entire IT service department, deployed an ERP solution, and maintained hardware on the server and client sides.
- Worked in a retail shop and learned about warehouse management, pricing, and customer delivery within the one-day time box. Attended the presentation of the ISO 9000:2008 quality management certificate as an ISO-certified auditor.
- Built and launched the time evidence and access control part of the company's ERP solution from a hardware and software perspective, connecting time-presence data with paychecks.
Launched Bloom–Digital Banking, the first fintech startup backed by Y Combinator for the East Africa market, started with Sudan.
Launched TrueProfile.io, a startup on the mission to solve healthcare hiring abroad, becoming a global healthcare career hub. It currently has 1.1 million sign-ups and 350,000 verified healthcare users.
EMAAR Property Websitehttps://properties.emaar.com/en
Launched a property-listing website for the biggest property developer in the world. They stand behind the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa, and the biggest mall in the world, The Dubai Mall.
Launched an app for tackling depression problems, connecting users with medical professionals.
Launched Beebee, a sharing scooter platform from a startup that won the Sarajevo Unlimited 2019 regional startup competition. We have built customized hardware and native apps for iOS and Android.
EMR Token Apphttps://etherscan.io/token/0xcf5a498f1df1d61c4d43a92ab976b6fb9b6f853b
Led a new mobile app delivery for EMAAR, the most prominent property developer in the world. The company built the biggest worldwide building, Burj Khalifa, and the biggest mall, The Dubai Mall.
CBRE | Host App
Created 50 data analytics charts for mobile apps for a Fortune 500 company. Completed it in one week using Amplitude.
Led the ShoppieGO platform to gain 5,000 daily active users upon the MVP launch of the mobile apps for iOS and Android with the back-office dashboard.
MIOO Bike Servicehttps://mioo.cc/en/
Launched MIOO's product and mobile apps for iOS and Android in one month, reaching 2,000 subscriptions in the MVP phase.
NAGA Crypto Wallethttps://naga-global.com/buy-crypto-at-naga
Enabled the instant exchange of cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, enabling buying cryptos with a credit card and sending coins and tokens via email.
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications
University of Tuzla - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina