Verified Expert in Product Management
For over 15 years, Prem's been successfully developing and launching software and product innovations as an international technology consultant and product manager. He advises companies of all stages in diverse industries including software, banking, internet-of-things, mobile, and cloud—in both the US and Europe. Prem has a bachelor of science degree in physics and materials science from Cambridge University and an MBA from UCLA,
Product Manager | Strategist
- Worked with Avinew to define their overall product experience and roadmap through storyboarding with user stories.
- Collaborated with teams to implement the development process and workflow using Trello, which brought together design, development, and product management teams.
- Defined the project plan with teams and ensured correct features and delivery of the front-end app and back-end services platform.
- Coached junior product and engineering teams to help improve operational and strategic thinking.
- Managed the bi-weekly Scrum meetings to ensure all teams were on track.
Sundaram Applied Technologies
- Developed various strategies (product and technology-focused).
- Oversaw and managed the software development of a number of projects for clients.
- Constructed a prototype, developed market plans and competitor analysis, and managed software development.
- Planned out the projects, including milestones, deadlines, and so on.
- Planned, developed, and launched various software for mobile and desktop.
- Worked with the founder to validate the product vision and define an MVP. Starting my competitive review for the client has saved the company from developing something that already exists, and we have pivoted to a new vision for the product.
- Developed the vision and roadmap for the product and identified the scope of MVP. Iterating through this as we refine the market-product fit.
- Built out a prototype MVP and saved the client money and time by utilizing low/no-code solutions to expedite the MVP process and fast forward to user feedback and solution iteration.
- Developed the product vision canvas and helped the client envision (and revise) the product.
- Consulted to help the Weavy team to develop their product roadmaps and product feature plan, manage project goals, and organize the development activities.
- Worked with the team to define internal process improvements, product pricing, and competitive analysis.
- Managed the sales team with technical software and developed and implemented sales plans.
Product Manager, Strategist
- Researched the market and competition.
- Obtained management and board approval for a new technology and marketing strategy that differentiated the company offering in the marketplace.
- Designed and implemented a program of improvements covering product definition, customer focus, and Agile software development planning.
- Developed the execution plan, product strategy, and marketing and sales plan.
- Refined the technology plan.
- Worked mainly remotely and onsite in Sweden as needed.
- Performed product management.
- Constructed a software prototype.
- Implemented Agile software development.
- Conducted customer testing.
- Composed and carried out a technology plan.
Farmers and Merchants Bank
- Solved a critical personnel situation with an underperforming IT team.
- Reviewed team capabilities, structure, management methods, and internal processes.
- Developed personnel and organization structure recommendations.
- Mentored team and facilitated improvement in communication within IT and across organization.
- Provided advice in areas of long term technology planning and in disaster recovery initiatives.
Director Innovation and Technology
1st Century Bank
- Was brought in to improve IT operations and lead new IT initiatives.
- Reviewed technology systems, software, processes and team capabilities.
- Implemented new technology initiatives such as cloud, security, and disaster recovery.
- Developed personnel plans and recruited new staff.
- Established an IT infrastructure that was commended by the CEO and executive team.
- Provided research technology options.
Future Position X
- Provided strategic, marketing, and technology advice to the CEO.
- Developed various funding proposals. A notable one was the ten-year business strategy that was made for submission to the Swedish government funding agency (Vinnova). It ended up winning first place which resulted in $40 million worth of funding for over the next decade.
- Created and implemented reporting and KPI dashboards for the board.
- Developed the business, product plans, and business reporting KPI dashboards.
- Managed projects.
Award-winning Geospatial Technology Planhttp://www.fpx.se
Created the strategy and developed a business plan which won a Swedish funding competition ($40 million).
I worked with teams to develop the new vision, position and value proposition. The outcome was the development of the "Geo-Life Region" vision, where I combined the benefits of geospatial technology with the desires for improved health and wellness. This strategy was presented to Vinnova, the Swedish innovation funding agency, and won first prize, a funding of $40 million (USD) over ten years to Future Position X.
Blockchain Product Strategy for Fintech Software
Developed the product and business strategy for a new blockchain sustainability startup based in Los Angeles.
Primarily, I developed the product plan, technology plan, and funding plan.
Development and Launch of a Mobile App
Led the build of the first iteration of the cross-platform Wine Acuity app (iOS/Android) and launched to the app stores.
I worked with the teams to manage the product development process, including prototyping, user stories, feedback, technology decision-making (Angular/Ionic) and the selection and management of programming staff (outsourced).
The project was completed and launched to the App Store and Google Play Store in February 2019.
Product Development of an Apphttps://www.notedexapp.com
Managed the design and development of the Index Cards note-taking app; it has a 5-star rating and over 80,000 users.
Specifically, I worked to develop the prototype, manage user feedback, develop the app, and manage the outsourced programming team.
I also built the product and technology roadmaps and oversaw the scaling of the product to alternative platforms.
IoT Software Company Transformationhttp://www.invotech.se
Developed the transformative business strategy for growing an internet-of-things (IoT) software company based in Sweden.
I worked with the team to review their product positioning, value proposition, and target markets. I also updated the technology roadmap to reflect customer feedback and goals and developed a new marketing and sales strategy.
As a result, Invotech now has an action plan for 2019 to execute and grow sales.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Entrepreneurship
The Anderson School, UCLA - Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Physics and Materials Science
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, England
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring