Founder | Managing Director2011 - PRESENTPurple Brains
- Contacted international software sellers and negotiated reseller agreements on behalf of the company for Lebanon and the GCC market.
- Managed clients' IT infrastructure and enterprise systems.
- Advised and managed companies' IT projects. Consulted startups from ideation to launch and growth hacking.
- Built custom SaaS products for the local market.
- Built and consulted healthcare solutions and EMRs for small polyclinics to university hospitals.
- Established and executed company marketing and sales plans for own products and supplier's products.
- Came up with IT startup ideas and researched the market for validation. Raised investment for the company and client startups.
- Oversaw outsourced development and creative team to execute company and client projects.
- Prepared quotations and legal contracts for customers and negotiated with them for signature.
- Coached and mentored startups in the early stages. Implemented three startups for the company from ideation to launch. One is still in the market until today and another exited after 11 months.
Business Analyst2020 - 2020Fortune 500 Company (Toptal Client)
- Created a questionnaire with more than 250 questions filled by users in 14 different markets in Asia, Africa, and South America.
- Analyzed the questionnaire findings and created a report for all the findings related to the business requirements of each market, the common needs across markets, the exceptions and specific needs of each market, and a subjective assessment.
- Created the list of processes needed with a heat map of which markets are using those processes with a scoring system to allow IT to prioritize.
- Created user stories for each process, adding the story, description, and acceptance criteria.
- Built process flows for optimized user experience covering all the exceptions that the market presented.
- Suggested the MVP needed features based on the common features across markets as well as the order of roll out for markets.
- Presented my findings to the business and IT teams and defended them using the proofs I gathered from the markets.
Managing Partner2019 - 2020Undisclosed Company
- Helped the company overcome its current financial crisis and set a fundraising plan.
- Supervised a team of 22 employees including developers, scrum masters, product owners, and maintenance managers.
- Managed client relationships with the company.
- Implemented the Agile/Scrum methodology in the company, coached the employees on its application, and restructured the employees and the projects based on Scrum.
- Managed the proposals and deals of the company from client negotiations, business, and technical requirements until project deliveries.
- Conducted weekly manager meetings and monthly partner meetings.
- Set a business development plan with the holding subsidiary companies on processes and procedures when dealing with the company.
- Played the role of product owner for critical projects with clients that used to have a bad experience with the company.
- Directed the development and maintenance queue of the company to make sure that scrum best practices were implemented.
- Helped entrepreneurs in their ideation process, market study, and execution of their startups until launching an MVP or a full product.
MENA Sales Manager and Partner2011 - 2016Contracom International
- Managed communication with the US supplier for SCADA products.
- Recruited and appointed resellers in all the MENA region.
- Launched the products in the market and traveled for demonstrations all over the MENA region.
- Helped the resellers to study their markets and set a sales and marketing plan.
- Managed the relationship between the resellers and Contracom.
- Assisted resellers in large sales deals and helped them survey the clients' locations.
- Supervised maintenance and spare parts availability for resellers all over the MENA region.
- Assisted the US company in product development and enhancements.
- Assigned KPIs to the resellers and made sure they kept them.
MIS Manager2009 - 2011Benta SAL
- Managed and maintained the existing ERP and sales systems and was in charge of the supplier's communications.
- Supervised the purchase and implementation of a GPS surveillance system for the sales team.
- Designed and implemented a new pharma CRM with an Indian-based company.
- Managed the RFPs for hardware purchases, including and not limited to PCs, servers, networking components, and mobile phones.
- Researched and tested HRM systems in the market in order to choose the proper one for Benta SAL.
- Researched all the business and technical requirements for custom enterprise and healthcare solutions and outsourced the development to remote teams in India.
Project Manager2008 - 2009Contracom International
- Built a reporting system for the Lebanese water establishment telemetry system.
- Managed the communication between Contracom, the water establishment officials, and the other independent contractors.
- Oversaw the maintenance requests of the telemetry system errors and breakdowns and assigned them to various contractors.
- Set day-to-day procedures and a contingency plan in case of breakdowns.
- Performed a system analysis of the current telemetry system and enhancement suggestions.
Operations Manager | Shift Leader2004 - 2008Park Tower Suites Hotel
- Managed the front desk during the PM and night shifts.
- Assisted guests in their day-to-day requests.
- Directed restaurant and housekeeping operations.
- Supervised the billing, check-in, and check-out of guests.
- Oversaw the team's IT requests and served as the contact person with the IT servicing company to speed up the process.
Sales Agent2003 - 2004American Life Insurance Company
- Conducted sales meetings with potential customers.
- Prepared sales presentations for ALICO products.
- Assisted other sales agents during their large sales deals.