Verified Expert in Product Management
Shashank is a certified product manager from the University of Houston and an IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) with over 15 years of experience in the IT industry and over 12 years of experience in product management, business and system analysis, innovations, change enablement, and consulting. He has extensive exposure to domains: aviation, CPG, FMCG, food, travel, healthcare, media, finance, in-market execution, eCommerce, real estate, automobile, and mobility solutions.
PDM/KYC Process Expert
- Performed KYC benchmarking and market analysis for the Asian and EMEA markets to find vendors who responded to over 550 data points, covering identity verification expertise, performance, customer experience, legal, and security.
- Invited vendors to assess SMEs for customer proposition, commercial, and compliance and asked them to demonstrate their Individual (KYC) identity-checking journeys and capabilities.
- Performed quantitative analysis for RFP scoring and achieving consensus with all the key stakeholders.
- Converted the idea to important artifacts like business model canvas, business capability analysis, and business case to raise funding.
- Built the prototype, which visually shows the idea with multiple iterations for a hip-hop therapy app.
- Documented the requirements so developers could get the direction for building the product.
- Worked on product valuation using various factors such as user lifetime value and customer acquisition cost.
- Performed competitive analysis of similar apps in the market to assess the new product's value proposition.
Technical Product Manager
Hudson Views LLC
- Assessed dating solutions and data required for the application building.
- Provided a complete list of available dating solutions and APIs exposed; this eventually helped in building the complete solution.
- Led the requirements for the dating solution and aggregator's technical requirements.
- Delivered the yearly data delivery to one of the major investment companies, containing data for over 60,000 properties and green certificate information.
- Ensured that the existing product customers were given timely support and training.
- Led the requirements for one of the major integrations with another company product to cater to the needs of major company stakeholders.
Lead Business Analyst
- Attained numerous appreciations from business users to help them make strategic decisions for their respective regions' distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising.
- Played an active role as a culture champion in Kimberly-Clark, intending to drive cultural changes and enable team members to improve productivity.
- Built the governance process for the business analysis center of excellence and prepared the specific viewpoints and requirements architecture for the domain, solution scope, and per audience needs.
- Led the requirement discussions to document, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into project specifications, business process diagrams, workflows, and UI/UX regarding the in-market execution.
- Coordinated business analysis sessions to understand client processes and conducted trend analysis to understand user needs. Translated them into technical solutions that saved time, eliminated redundancies, and improved quality.
- Collaborated in building a solution for managing financial benefits, such as coverage in 15 countries in the EMEA region, with 2.3% against the 2.0% target and coverage for 50 cohorts.
- Integrated external vendors and market leaders in data research for the DPSM and eDPSM efforts. Also, led the API integration and the target-setting process every year.
- Focused on performance and technical debt minimization—as a Salesforce business analyst—maximizing system value through architecture best practices and technical specifications and allowing users to use the Salesforce instance's functionality.
Senior Business Analyst
- Attained numerous appreciations from business users for the clarity, structure, and coverage of the as-is business process and functional specification deliverables.
- Received the ‘Pegasus Award’ from the APSDC for commitment in FY1, 2018.
- Streamlined the process of requirement gathering by minimizing the iteration cycles.
- Reviewed the business processes and stakeholder needs, making recommendations for solutions or improvements and translating business requirements into the software using new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Assessed different systems conducting GAP, feasibility, and risk analysis, and proposed to senior management various profitable options and new systems for the business.
Senior Business Analyst
- Managed the entire gamut of solutions for fleet centralized billing solution for a premier automobile customer (Ford) in the US.
- Gathered the requirement and conducted an onsite JAD session in the US for around seven months for two phases, user acceptance and pilot activities, and led the development team while coordinating with the client.
- Documented IT documents like business requirements documents, functional specifications, and technology solutions, creating user stories and managing sprints.
- Evaluated the older feed file load process and defined the business requirements for the newer ETL process, and developed an interactive user interface for the ETL rule engine.
- Improved communication between PM, SMEs, and the software development team by modeling requirements in use cases and holding joint walk-through meetings, resulting in fewer changes in tests.
- Developed mobile strategy presentations for the clients and formulated mobility roadmaps. Analyzed the requirement and proposed mobile business models.
- Formulated proposals and bid management based on RFPs and RFQs received.
- Coordinated with the sales team to close the deals in the mobile application sector.
- Started my career as a programmer, worked on C#.NET and VB.NET technologies, and accomplished multiple projects from start to end, including client interaction.
- Attained appreciation from fellow business analysts on the quality and coverage of the business requirements specifications.
- Designed numerous UIs for applications and assisted the UI designers and developers in designing UX for the applications in considering the native: iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows and hybrid mobile applications.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC, including feasibility and requirement study and analysis, technical and functional specifications, coding of modules, integration and implementation, testing, monitoring critical paths, and taking appropriate decisions.
- Gained extensive experience working with various APIs like Universal Parcel Service API, Amazon API, FriendFeed API, Facebook API, Google Maps API, PayPal, and Photobucket.
- Worked on development using C#.NET, VB.NET, and mobile app programming.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and excellent communication and client interaction skills vital for both development and production environment.
Radiologex | Blockchain and Healthcare Industry
Led the requirements for one of the best healthcare and medication application built using blockchain technology.
The network has key applications running on top that facilitate and incentivize different types of users to perform their intended functions in healthcare in a time and cost-effective manner like never before. It is achieved by creating a secure, standardized software network that integrates different functions such as payments, logistics, marketplaces, and data sharing systems into one self-sustaining and interoperable ecosystem.
Built as a modern and dynamic tech product, the platform leverages best-in-class security and user-experience primitives in its design and development.
DPSM | CPG Industry and Analytics
Led requirement discussions to document, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into project specifications, business process diagrams, workflows, and UI/UX regarding the in-market execution.
DPSM consists of four key metrics essential to evaluate KC Performance against the competition: distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising.
Distribution metrics are a measure to evaluate KC distribution strength vs. competition, fair share, or trend over time.
Pricing metrics are a measure to assess KC affordability over time. It combines everyday price, promoted price, and base and promo volume mix.
Shelving metrics is a measure to evaluate KC shelf presence over time and vs. fair share.
Merchandising metrics are a measure to evaluate KC promotional occurrence vs. competition over time.
Fleet Central Billing | Automobile
Managing the entire gamut of solutions for fleet centralized billing solution for a premier automobile customer (Ford) in the US. Gathered the requirement by conducting onsite JAD sessions for around seven months for two phases.
The solution is focused on the quality fleet care for Ford’s customers who are the fleets and helps them with the credit, monthly billings of their vehicles, CRM, reporting, promotions, program support, and many other features.
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication
State Technological University of Madhya Pradesh (RGTU) - Pradesh, India
International Certificate in Product Management
Institute of Product Leadership Inc., USA
Certified Professional in Requirement Engineering - Foundation Level
Scrum Product Owner Accredited Certification
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
International Institute of Business Analysis, Canada
Scrum Master Accredited Certification™ (SMAC®)