Verified Expert in Product Management
Shashank is a certified product manager from the University of Houston and an IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP). He has 16+ years of IT industry experience, including 14+ years specializing in product management, business and system analysis, innovations, change enablement, and consulting. Shashank's expertise spans the domains of aviation, CPG, FMCG, food, travel, healthcare, media, finance, in-market execution, eCommerce, real estate, automobile, and mobility solutions.
Product Management/KYC Process Expert
- Performed know-your-customer (KYC) benchmarking and market analysis for the Asian and EMEA markets to find vendors who responded to 550+ data points, covering identity verification expertise, performance, customer experience, legal, and security.
- Invited vendors to assess SMEs for customer proposition, commercial, and compliance and asked them to demonstrate their individual (KYC) identity-checking journeys and capabilities.
- Conducted quantitative analysis for request for proposal (RFP) scoring and achieving consensus with all the key stakeholders.
- Converted the idea to essential artifacts like the business model canvas, business capability analysis, and business case to raise funding.
- Built the prototype, which visually shows the idea with multiple iterations for a hip-hop therapy app.
- Documented the requirements so developers could get the direction for building the product.
- Worked on product valuation using factors such as user lifetime value and customer acquisition cost.
- Performed competitive analysis of similar apps in the market to assess the new product's value proposition.
Technical Product Manager
Hudson Views LLC
- Assessed dating solutions and data required for the application building.
- Provided a complete list of available dating solutions and APIs exposed, which eventually helped build the complete solution.
- Led the dating solution's requirements and aggregator's technical requirements.
- Handed the yearly data delivery to one of the major investment companies, containing data for over 60,000 properties and green certificate information.
- Ensured that the existing product customers were given timely support and training.
- Led the requirements for one of the major integrations with another company product to cater to the needs of significant company stakeholders.
Lead Business Analyst
- Attained numerous appreciations from business users to help them make strategic decisions for their respective regions' distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising.
- Played an active role as a culture champion in Kimberly-Clark to drive cultural changes and enable team members to improve productivity.
- Built the governance process for the business analysis center of excellence and prepared the specific viewpoints and requirements architecture for the domain, solution scope, and per-audience needs.
- Led the requirement discussions to document, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into project specifications, business process diagrams, workflows, and UI/UX regarding the in-market execution.
- Coordinated business analysis sessions to understand client processes and conducted trend analysis to capture user needs. Translated them into technical solutions that saved time, eliminated redundancies, and improved quality.
- Collaborated in building a solution for managing financial benefits—such as coverage in 15 countries in the EMEA region—with 2.3% against the 2% target and coverage for 50 cohorts.
- Integrated external vendors and market leaders in data research for the DPSM and eDPSM efforts. Also, led the API integration and target-setting process yearly.
- Focused on performance and technical debt minimization—as a Salesforce business analyst—maximizing system value through architecture best practices and technical specifications and allowing users to use the Salesforce instance's functionality.
Senior Business Analyst
- Attained numerous appreciations from business users for the clarity, structure, and coverage of the as-is business process and functional specification deliverables.
- Received the Pegasus Award from the APSDC for commitment in fiscal year 1, 2018.
- Streamlined the process of requirement gathering by minimizing the iteration cycles.
- Reviewed business processes and stakeholder needs, making recommendations for solutions or improvements and translating business requirements into software using new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Assessed different systems by conducting GAP, feasibility, and risk analysis and proposed to senior management various profitable options and new systems for the business.
Senior Business Analyst
- Managed the entire gamut of solutions for fleet-centralized billing for Ford, a premier automobile customer in the US.
- Gathered requirements, conducted an onsite JAD session in the US for around seven months for two phases—user acceptance and pilot activities—and led the development team while coordinating with the client.
- Oversaw IT documentation—including business requirements, functional specifications, and technology solutions—creating user stories and managing sprints.
- Evaluated the older feed file load process, defined the new ETL process's business requirements, and developed an interactive user interface for the ETL rule engine.
- Improved communication between PM, SMEs, and the software development team by modeling requirements in use cases and holding joint walk-through meetings, resulting in fewer changes in tests.
- Developed mobile strategy presentations for clients and formulated mobility roadmaps. Analyzed requirements and proposed mobile business models.
- Formulated proposals and bid management based on RFPs and requests for quotations received.
- Coordinated with the sales team to close deals in the mobile application sector.
- Started my career as a programmer—working on C#.NET and VB.NET technologies—and accomplished multiple projects from start to end, including client interaction.
- Attained appreciation from fellow business analysts on the quality and coverage of the business requirements specifications.
- Designed numerous UIs for applications and assisted UI designers and developers in creating UX for applications considering native: iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows and hybrid mobile applications.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC, including feasibility and requirement study and analysis, technical and functional specifications, module coding, integration and implementation, testing, critical paths monitoring, and appropriate decision-making.
- Gained extensive experience working with various APIs, including Universal Parcel Service, Amazon, FriendFeed, Facebook, Google Maps, PayPal, and Photobucket.
- Worked on development using C#.NET, VB.NET, and mobile app programming.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication, and client interaction skills vital for development and production environments.
Radiologex | Blockchain and Healthcare Industry
Drove requirements definition for one of the best healthcare and medication applications built using blockchain technology.
Built as a modern and dynamic tech product, the platform leverages best-in-class security and user-experience primitives in its design and development.
DPSM | CPG Industry and Analytics
Led requirement discussions to document, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into project specifications, business process diagrams, workflows, and UI/UX for in-market execution.
Distribution metrics evaluate dispersion strength vs. the competition, fair share, and trend over time. Pricing metrics assess affordability over time by combining everyday price, promoted price, and base and promo volume mix. Shelving metrics evaluate shelf presence over time and vs. fair share. Finally, merchandising metrics measure promotional occurrence vs. the competition over time.
Fleet Central Billing | Automobile
Managed the entire fleet-centralized billing solution for Ford, a premier automobile customer in the US. Gathered requirements by conducting onsite joint application development (JAD) sessions in two phases for around seven months.
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communication
State Technological University of Madhya Pradesh (RGTU) - Pradesh, India
International Certificate in Product Management
C. T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston | via Institute of Product Leadership
Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering – Foundation Level (CPRE FL)
International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB)
Scrum Product Owner Accredited Certification
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
Scrum Master Accredited Certification
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring