Verified Expert in Project Management
As a product owner and project manager, Charles has led Agile and distributed teams, delivering enterprise commerce, web, mobile, and marketing communication initiatives. His past clients include Activision, Anthem Healthcare, Charter, Dell, Disney, Guthy-Renker, NBC Universal, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota, VSP/eyeconic, and dozens of other high-profile clients. He has solid business acumen, is CSPO certified, and has 20+ years of delivery experience as an agency consultant and client-side executive.
Technical Program Manager
Coupang – Rocket on Demand
- Standardized the implementation and management of Jira among four engineering teams.
- Unified communication and reporting between the product management and engineering teams.
- Coached engineering team leads on Jira best practices.
- Crafted custom BI project status reports on top of the Jira database for 42 engineers.
Product Owner | Delivery Lead
- Served as an executive leader from concept to delivery for social media mobile applications and the NFT marketplace. The application focused on performers, players, promoters, and fans to easily build, manage, and monetize their personal brands.
- Focused on product leadership and delivery, transitioning into a pure product role, improving overall user experience, and hardening the application for production launch.
- Engaged with the company's leadership and end users to prioritize feature enhancement and new development aligning the product with ongoing market needs and business objectives.
Product Owner | Agile Project Manager
Z News Service, Inc.
- Led a diverse development team building a global news agency's next-generation digital content management and workflow SaaS platform. Mainly used Azure, React, and React Native.
- Collaborated with the company's leadership to determine business requirements and priorities to generate a multiphased roadmap while leading product requirements and delivery in an iterative, Agile development environment.
- Optimized intake, design, development, and deployment processes, supporting the team residing in seven countries.
Agile Project Manager
Anthem - Digital (Reorg - Web & Mobile)
- Led a focused innovation team for a large healthcare organization to migrate legacy web views and consolidate native iOS and Android mobile applications into React Native.
- Collaborated with the company's executive leadership to understand objectives and devise a technology strategy and roadmap supporting a multiphased approach that reduced overall development and support costs for a 200+ developer-strong organization.
- Gathered high-level, interdependent business and technical requirements from twenty-three product owners and Agile project managers necessary to illustrate the conceptual architecture, resource requirements, and timelines.
Agile Project Manager | Scrum Master [Toptal Projects]
- Led a Toptal team through discovery sessions and the delivery of an MVP web application.
- Facilitated the design and delivery of an AI-based system that matches professionals (CPAs, attorneys, and financial advisors) with customers based on quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Engaged with the subject matter experts and UX, UI, and technology resources to define user journeys and craft a consumer-facing website and a professional-facing administration hub.
Agile Project Manager | Scrum Master
Advertise Purple, Inc
- Served and coached the leadership as one of a three-member team that scoped the original project and led Agile development through the initial product launch.
- Worked with the technology lead on creating a solution that aggregates data from multiple data warehouses and unifies visual reporting for the company's agents.
- Expanded scalable architecture and enabled the ability to service paying customers for access to its data and reporting capabilities. The engagement is ongoing after successfully coaching and transferring project management roles to the customer.
- Championed digital transformation and Agile enterprise adoption.
- Led a team of 35 overseeing the design and delivery of technical applications and 3rd-party integrations supporting a multi-warehouse, omnichannel eCommerce platform.
- Transitioned to a legacy eCommerce platform with SAP Hybris.
- Served on governance committees for Hadoop big data, enterprise security, and PCI/ADA compliance.
- Assumed the interim CTO role for six months while my leader was on a medical leave of absence.
Senior Principal Consultant
- Defined and optimized processes and systems to facilitate fiscal year budget planning, scoping, and estimating activities for Charter Communications for 20 product verticals and 400+ developers.
- Created import and export process using Jira and Excel supporting fiscal budgeting and planning for 24 product divisions at Charter Communications.
- Achieved continuous improvements in operational objectives by implementing production, quality, and customer-service standards for Vail Resorts.
Senior Program Manager
- Served as the delivery lead for Guthy Renker's direct-to-consumer eCommerce platform for six independent brands.
- Led cross-functional global technology team of 36 resources on a Demandware platform.
- Acted as the delivery lead for VSP/eyeonic.com redesign and re-platform of their consumer website.
- Performed as the delivery lead for the redesign of NHL GameCenter mobile application; final product won APPY award in Sports Category.
- Served as the delivery lead for interactive TV application for Qualcomm, including facial recognition, live data feeds, and social media integration.
Senior Interactive Producer
Saatchi & Saatchi
- Implemented Agile, delivering UX and visual design for $2 million revamp of Toyota Owner's website.
- Delivered a multivariant advertising engine for Toyota's entire product line. Exceeded KPIs by 125% and backed by a $40 million ad-buy.
- Conceived and delivered 26 interactive banners for Toyota's annual marketing campaign. Achieved conversion rates that exceeded success metrics by 200%.
Senior Project Manager
- Led teams delivering online product experiences for Infiniti's vehicle lineup.
- Optimized and documented the exhaustive product launch activities for new and existing vehicles.
- Documented the complete production workflow for agency handoff to Critical Mass in Calgary.
Senior Program Manager
- Managed the PM team responsible for product launches and updates for Dell's small and medium businesses.
- Defined process and system requirements supporting 450 monthly requests from 200+ global stakeholders.
- Served as the primary contact for clients supporting BPR, issue resolution, risk mitigation, and change management processes for Dell's Global Online division.
Mirum Agency (formally Digitaria)
- Ran Los Angeles office supporting 14 clients in the entertainment industry (CBS, NBCU, Fox, KCRW, NPR, etc.).
- Led a multi-national team producing an online ticketing system for ArcLight Cinemas.
- Led user experience refactoring of NBC Universal's internal music licensing application.
- Led RFP process for Fox enterprise content management solution.
- Directly managed and produced the NPR and KCRW media players.
- Oversaw the overall quality, delivery, and execution of the re-architecture and redesign of the E! Online website and “The Vine” video player.
- Led RFP, scoping, and design exercises with executive stakeholders and project team.
- Led the project communication strategy within the organization to ensure organizational readiness.
- Served as the lead producer for enterprise releases of DisneyCruiseLine.com, DisneyWorld.com, DisneylandMeetings.com, and commerce engines for Disneyland.com and DisneyCruiseLine.com.
- Directed teams and managed project budgets ranging from $500,000 to $2 million.
- Acted as a key contributor in generating budget models supporting 350+ resources for annual, 3-year, and 5-year fiscal budget planning.
E! Online Website Branding and CMS Implementationhttps://www.eonline.com/
Liaison between E! Online executive team and design agency for the redesign of the E! Online publishing website.
Shaneco.com Hybris Implementationhttps://www.shaneco.com
Technology executive who led digital transformation and agile adoption for robust eCommerce platform design and delivery.
Senior producer accountable for all design and development activities from discovery to delivery.
Led delivery of strategy, user experience, visual design, and technology integration.
Infiniti USA Product Launches
Senior project manager responsible for Infiniti product launches.
The digital business was transferred to Critical Mass in Calgary during my last few months with the company. I was on the transition team and authored a product delivery manual that outlined every minutia of detail necessary to launch a new or update a vehicle online.
NHL Gamecenter Live Mobile Applicationhttps://www.nhl.com/info/mobile-app
Senior project manager for the NHL that included front-end strategy and user experience on multiple mobile devices.
Disneyland.com Booking Enginehttps://disneyland.disney.go.com/
As a senior producer, I led the technology team through a revamp of the Disneyland online booking engine.
Toyota Interactive Adshttps://www.charlestrostle.com/toyota-ideas-for-good
Led creative and technology from ideation to delivery for 26 interactive ads supporting Toyota's annual brand campaign.
Dell SMB and Dell Global Online Operationshttps://www.dell.com
Led business process reengineering activities within a complex organization.
MBA Candidate in Business Administration
Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School - Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Science Degree in Management Science and Business Management
Pepperdine University - Graziadio Business School - Malibu, CA
Certified Monday.com Product, Workflow, and Implementation Consultant
Digital Marketing Strategies: Data, Automation, AI & Analytics
Northwestern - Kellogg School of Management
Certified Scrum Product Owner