Verified Expert in Engineering
Windows, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a secure messaging platform that leverages modern post-quantum crypto algorithms.
Senior Blockchain Engineer
A Blockchain Startup
- Designed and developed various blockchain projects.
- Distributed systems design, observability, and alerting.
- Integrated various 3rd party crypto/blockchain projects.
Lead Software Engineer
- Designed and developed a post-quantum, secure messaging system that included client framework, client applications, back end, and web portal management.
- Refactored legacy crypto code using the newest C++17 features, with full test coverage and a new build system with CMake and Conan.
- Designed and integrated voice and video calls with WebRTC.
- Added support to WebAssembly (Emscripten) to enable messaging applications to run in browsers.
- Mentored new team members, conducted technical webinars, and maintained detailed documentation.
Freelance Software Engineer
- Designed and developed .NET SDK for DreamFactory API: https://github.com/dreamfactorysoftware/.net-sdk.
Return On Intelligence
- Designed and developed a web portal for employee benefits management (insurance, retirement, etc.).
- Introduced a web services mocking approach to ease local debugging and troubleshooting.
- Enabled automatic testing using Selenium. Implemented and enforced product quality tools.
- Dramatically improved corporate build and deployment strategy to minimize day-to-day efforts.
Lead Application Developer
- Designed and developed a metadata-driven framework for desktop interoperability and enabled several existing applications to use this framework. Currently, all Autobahn software is using this framework called Synapse.
- Enhanced WPF applications (FX trading) for investment banking in respect to performance, security, and code quality.
- Developed a number of WPF controls (MVVM) for banking applications.
- Developed a rapid data serialization SDK (similar to Google ProtoBuf), including the C# code generator for it: Github.com/microsoft/bond.
- Built an object-oriented logging framework (business data logging) for in-house cloud infrastructure, now used by AdCenter and Bing.
- Implemented a remote-procedure calls (RPC) engine and toolset for a brand new key-value store (NoSQL) currently used by Azure.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on a high-availability Linux-based cluster (HA), integrating and configuring Pacemaker for network-attached storage (NAS).
- Introduced cgroups feature usage to the HA cluster.
- Developed an out-of-memory (or overcommit) monitoring daemon in C.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on several Motorola mobile device platforms, implementing security features (JSR177), branding services (T-Mobile MyFaves), etc.
- Integrated Adobe Flash Lite player to the mainstream Motorola mobile platform (P2K). Collaborated with Adobe.
- Participated in AJAR mobile platform development.
- Developed a number of internal tools for embedded software development in C# and C++.
Senior Software Engineer
The Institute of Telecommunications
- Designed and developed a 3D engine for GIS (Geo informational services) in C++, STL, and OpenGL.
- Developed a cross-platform computational geometry math library in C++.
- Designed and built a full-featured application suite for manipulating GIS data.
- Programmed a large-images processing engine (satellite imagery) in C and C++.
Stack: Qt, C++, OpenCV library, and more.
I designed and implemented a flexible interoperability protocol that connected many Autobahn products (existing and new). This system is called Synpase and is currently in production and driving the Autobahn ecosystem.
Demoscene: 4k Introhttp://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=54415
Sochi - 3D Engine for GIShttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNE4WX1v-W8#t=204
Computational Geometry API for Nokia Gate5 GmbHhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh1eUudkxgc
Imagine you needed to persist some user-sensitive information in a password-protected file—this little library addresses this need.
The Largest Apphttps://github.com/pinebit/largestapp
Stack: C++ and Qt5 with QML UI.
Stack: C++, Qt 5, Qt3D.
Yet Another Ethereum Brute Force Toolhttps://github.com/pinebit/eth-brute-force
Every other blockchain engineer implements this exercise, for fun.
If you are really serious about using this tool, then bear in mind the probability of encountering a private key that corresponds to someone else’s Ethereum address is around 1 in 2^256. To cover just 1% of that keyspace, even if we used computing resources that would allow us to generate 100 trillion keys per second, it would take us roughly years. Eventually, your electricity bills and the cost of hardware you used will exceed the benefit of "hacking" someone's address. You've been warned.
ETH Transactions Listenerhttps://github.com/pinebit/eth-listener
Stack: Go, Geth
Go Server Boilerplatehttps://medium.com/@pinebit/my-own-golang-server-boilerplate-ed12ec33a0b3
Many times, I've been asked to bootstrap a new Go project. Typically the ask was to create a microservice skeleton that uses battle-tested packages with a good project structure that is easy to extend and works out of the box.
I remember I created a bunch of projects like that until I realized I should make my own "boilerplate" project that I could easily use as a template on GitHub.
This is why the project was born.
Article: How To Ace A Technical Interviewhttps://medium.com/@pinebit/how-to-fail-a-coding-interview-d5b5e93adeee
The Missing Article About Qt Multithreading in C++
How to Boot-strap and Create .NET Projects
Meet Bond, Microsoft Bond - A New Data Serialization Framework
.NET Best Practices and Tips by Toptal Developers
Redux, .NET, Qt, Google Protocol Buffer, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), AngularJS, NUnit, ASP.NET Web API, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF), Qt 5
Protobuf, React Redux, React, OpenGL, OpenSSL, Win32 API, WebRTC, REST APIs, jQuery
Stash, Jira, ReSharper, Microsoft Visual Studio, Git, Roslyn, CC.NET, SonarQube, CMake, Qmake, Grafana, Pacemaker, JetBrains, Visual Studio, GIS, JSX
Concurrent Programming, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, MapReduce, RESTful Development
Windows, Blockchain, BlackBerry, Linux, Docker, MacOS, Ethereum, Windows Phone
Cryptography, IPC, WebSockets, APIs, 3D Graphics, Code Contracts, MSYS2, Cryptocurrency, Web3, Ethers.js, Prometheus, Web Services, Chromium, WebAssembly, People Management, Mentorship, Embedded Systems, Qt 3D, Custom Protocols, App UI, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Interviewing
NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, RocksDB
Specialist Degree in Engineering
Baltic State Technical University - Saint-Petersburg, Russia