Front-End PHP Developer2016 - 2016Vital Health (via Toptal)
- Designed and developed a responsive corporate website.
- Worked with PHP app views to create UI pages and elements.
- Built and tested responsive, cross-platform email template designs.
- Created a detailed version control management with Git and Amazon Web Services.
WordPress Developer2016 - 2016Hotel Engine (via Toptal)
- Customized a WordPress website for www.shorttermhousing.com.
- Performed CMS integrations for thousands of housing property listings.
- Made a page responsive with an optimized mobile listing search page.
WordPress Theme Development2016 - 2016Mount Visual (via Toptal)
- Built a custom WordPress theme for the company that will be launched in late 2016.
- Created a fully responsive website theme with integrated WordPress dashboard and plugins; for easy dynamic addition of many types of content.
- Worked with an existing UI design and flow elements to establish a clean new branding image.
- Integrated an intuitive video file and streaming support to the WordPress theme and website components.
Bootstrap Front-End Developer2016 - 2016Singenuity LLC. (via Toptal)
- Worked with existing mockups to create functional interfaces for a newly developed app.
- Created responsive functionality for all dashboard elements of the app.
- Implemented existing branding styles into the front-end design.
- Added custom UI features for integration with an existing UI.
Web Designer | Developer2014 - 2016Navigator Ltd.
- Developed brands and branding collateral across multiple platforms such as web, digital, print, and environmental.
- Created high conversion landing pages for large scale digital marketing campaigns.
- Built an active WordPress blog that had over 30 active users writing posts.
- Developed cross-platform branding materials for social media, email, website, and mobile.
- Provided company wide consultation on web technologies, marketing strategies, and project management tools.
Graphic/Web Designer2013 - 2014RankXpress
- Designed customized PSD mockups for local businesses.
- Built PSD mockups into functional, responsive website designs.
- Integrated web design collateral with digital marketing campaigns.
- Managed all the active web projects; working with clients and other designers and developers.
Freelance Graphic/Web Designer2012 - 2013Resoware Media
- Designed branding assets for local businesses that were for use on web, print, and apparel.
- Focused on responsive website designs working with strong brands and good SEO.
- Worked with high resolution photography, vector artwork, and copy and integrated those elements into the web design work.
- Created custom web-features based on specific client needs per project.
- Integrated print materials, social media graphics, marketing banners, and websites for companies.
- Chart Suite (Development)
A real-time chart application built with React.js and D3/ReCharts charting tools. It has the ability to edit chart information and export to PNG via the web app, in the browser.
- Terminal UI (Development)
A React.js component library built with detailed design specs, and a large assortment of UI components.
- Homes From The Future (Development)http://homesfromthefuture.com
A WordPress website built for a home automation and Internet of Things blog. It has large media displays, various responsive layout options, and email campaign development.
- Odd Scenes (Development)
A single-page application built with Node.js and React.js to display an online illustration brand. Using Sass and PostCSS to create unique UI layouts, and optimized speed for high resolution images.
Also created an original Tumblr blog associated with the project: http://www.oddscenes.tumblr.com/
- WallTagged (Development)
- Gold Tooth iOS UI Kit (Development)http://justinbrazeau.com/gold-tooth
A UI library built with React Native for iOS. Contains a selection of page templates from designed wireframes. It's available to download on GitHub.
- Navigator Ltd. (Development)http://www.navltd.com
Created the website design and the development for a communications firm with full-screen video, multiple blog formats, and page layout designs. I worked with high quality images and video content and helped to build on a strong brand. The focus was functional design, SEO, and speed optimization.
- Port Colborne Festival of the Arts (Development)http://www.pcfa.ca/
Worked on the website design and development for a music festival website. Includes a blog, detailed form submissions for entries, and PayPal form integration. Rebranded the old website elements into a new web experience which was built from scratch.
- Short Term Housing (Development)http://shorttermhousing.com
A WordPress website with housing listings organized by state. Listing information and booking requests are also included.
- Ensight Canada (Development)http://www.ensightcanada.com/
Worked on the website design and development for an Ottawa based communications firm. Actively integrated the blog with social media accounts. Worked on full screen, responsive, and photographic design. Customized the French translations on all pages.
- Personal Website (Development)http://justinbrazeau.com
My personal portfolio website with detailed articles about some of the most recent projects I have worked on.
Also available on:
Behance (UI/UX) - http://be.net/justinbrazeau
GitHub (Code base) - github.com/brz0
- Sass Mixins: Keep Your Stylesheets DRY (Publication)Nowadays, front-end development workflows involve many modern tools and preprocessors that not only streamline the whole process, but also allow you to spend less time on common web tasks, giving you more time to focus on other aspects of the project that require more careful and skilled insight. Sass, the scripting language for syntactically awesome stylesheets, comes with robust and built-in support for mixins - an essential feature for keeping your stylesheets DRY. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Justin Brazeau shows us 10 useful Sass mixins that help keep your stylesheets manageable by breaking them into smaller reusable bits, each with its own focus.
FrameworksBootstrap, React Native
Libraries/APIsReact, jQuery, Node.js, jQuery Plugins, jQuery UI
ToolsInVision, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Webpack
ParadigmsUI Design, Mobile UI/UX Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD)
PlatformsWordPress Theme Design, WordPress
- Advanced diploma in Graphic Design2010 - 2013George Brown College - Toronto, Canada