Marcelo has been working for more than 10 years in User Experience (UX). He has solid knowledge of mobile platforms, UX, usability, design, front-end development, and WordPress, in addition to excellent interpersonal skills. He has proven experience in project management and strong organizational and planning skills, coordinating deliverables with prioritization of tasks according to the needs of each business.
ExperienceCSS - 12 yearsHTML - 10 yearsUX Design - 6 yearsUsability - 5 yearsjQuery - 5 yearsWordPress - 5 yearsResponsive Web Design (RWD) - 4 yearsSass - 3 years
Chrome, Git, Terminal, Sublime Text
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed is the first version of a mobile app for the #1 eCommerce travel website of Latin America, with millions of customers.
Head of UX and Web Design
Airbrake.io (via Toptal)
- Defined a visual identity and brought a cohesive experience between the different apps.
- Organized a spaghetti-style SASS and LESS codebase, defining structure and applying BEM principles.
- Gathered data and brainstormed ideas for new developments and features.
- Collaborated with the developers providing design support and CSS mentorship.
- Worked alongside the CEO and CTO in the development of new features and definitions of the roadmap.
WordPress Designer and Developer
UpgradedPoints (via Toptal)
- Created a new platform for a travel rewards site, starting with wireframes and design and moving on to WordPress implementation.
- Set up a staging server with WPEngine and deployed the structure with Git.
- Created a specific theme and plugin for the site, including different custom post types for the content, with different taxonomies and metaboxes.
- Created specific widgets for the site.
UX Designer and Mobile Team Lead
- Designed, researched, and conducted A/B testing of new features.
- Designed for mobile web and optimized features for EMK and PPC campaigns.
- Created wireframes, conducted A/B testing, designed web features, and developed front-ends.
- Analyzed data and came up with creative solutions.
- Gathered business metrics and defined the impact of improvements.
User Experience Manager
- Set up a large team of 20+ interdisciplinary members with a diverse professional profile: Graphic and web design, usability, psychology, web development, systems engineering, and marketing and advertising.
- Planned and designed usability testing and front-end development of every feature of Decolar.com.
- Designed interactions for all the mobile apps of Decolar.com (iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc).
- Encouraged daily interactions between designers and developers to build a final product of quality and excellence.
- Utilized Agile methodologies.
- Answered to and consulted with more than 20 internal clients, including the CEO, product owners, functional analysts, back-end developers, and customer service representatives.
- Gathered functional and business requirements and converted them into interaction models.
- Guarded the consistency and visual style of Decolar.com.
- Defined design and usability specifications.
- Iterated solutions to problems found in usability tests.
- Worked directly with front-end developers to assure the quality of the HTML and CSS of the site.
Lead Interaction Designer
- Unified the look and feel of all the different existent products (Hotels, Flights, Travel Packages, Car Rental).
- Defined the aesthetics and a visual identity for the Decolar.com website.
- Designed the first versions of the mobile apps of the company.
- Interacted with all the internal clients to get them to agree on a common design ground.
- Introduced new technologies and workflows.
Web Designer and Front-end Developer
- Led the design and handled maintenance of the site.
- Generated designs for new products.
- Redesigned existing sections of the website.
- Hand-coded CSS and HTML (standards era).
- Introduced jQuery to the development team.
Web Marketing Designer
- Designed and coded the newsletter.
- Focused on converting landing pages.
- Animated banners and designed graphics.
- Managed clients.
Contributor of WordPress 4.2 "Powell"https://wordpress.org/news/2015/04/powell/
Akimbocard.com Dashboard Redesign
Embracing Sass: Why You Should Stop Using Vanilla CSS
Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3, ZURB Foundation, Chrome, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Sublime Text 3, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Git, Fireworks, Adobe Fireworks, Sketch, Sublime Text, Terminal, Sketch 3, FreeMarker, Subversion (SVN), Grunt
UI Design, UX Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, BEM, SMACSS, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
User Experience (UX), Usability, Front-end, Performance Optimization, eCommerce
jQuery, Modernizr, jQuery UI