Head of UX and Web Design2015 - PRESENTAirbrake.io (via Toptal)
- Defined a visual identity and brought a cohesive experience between the different apps.
- Organized a spaghetti-style SASS and LESS codebase, defining structure and applying BEM principles.
- Gathered data and brainstormed ideas for new developments and features.
- Collaborated with the developers providing design support and CSS mentorship.
- Worked alongside the CEO and CTO in the development of new features and definitions of the roadmap.
WordPress Designer and Developer2015 - PRESENTUpgradedPoints (via Toptal)
Technologies: Git, jQuery, Grunt, Sass, HTML, PHP, WordPress, HTML5, UX
- Created a new platform for a travel rewards site, starting with wireframes and design and moving on to WordPress implementation.
- Set up a staging server with WPEngine and deployed the structure with Git.
- Created a specific theme and plugin for the site, including different custom post types for the content, with different taxonomies and metaboxes.
- Created specific widgets for the site.
UX Designer and Mobile Team Lead2014 - 2015Booking.com
Technologies: Git, Sketch 3, jQuery, CSS, HTML, UX
- Designed, researched, and conducted A/B testing of new features.
- Designed for mobile web and optimized features for EMK and PPC campaigns.
- Created wireframes, conducted A/B testing, designed web features, and developed front-ends.
- Analyzed data and came up with creative solutions.
- Gathered business metrics and defined the impact of improvements.
User Experience Manager2011 - 2014Decolar.com
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Git, Sass, CSS, HTML, Fireworks, UX
- Set up a large team of 20+ interdisciplinary members with a diverse professional profile: Graphic and web design, usability, psychology, web development, systems engineering, and marketing and advertising.
- Planned and designed usability testing and front-end development of every feature of Decolar.com.
- Designed interactions for all the mobile apps of Decolar.com (iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc).
- Encouraged daily interactions between designers and developers to build a final product of quality and excellence.
- Utilized Agile methodologies.
- Answered to and consulted with more than 20 internal clients, including the CEO, product owners, functional analysts, back-end developers, and customer service representatives.
- Gathered functional and business requirements and converted them into interaction models.
- Guarded the consistency and visual style of Decolar.com.
- Defined design and usability specifications.
- Iterated solutions to problems found in usability tests.
- Worked directly with front-end developers to assure the quality of the HTML and CSS of the site.
Lead Interaction Designer2011 - 2011Decolar.com
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Git, Sass, CSS, HTML, Fireworks
- Unified the look and feel of all the different existent products (Hotels, Flights, Travel Packages, Car Rental).
- Defined the aesthetics and a visual identity for the Decolar.com website.
- Designed the first versions of the mobile apps of the company.
- Interacted with all the internal clients to get them to agree on a common design ground.
- Introduced new technologies and workflows.
Web Designer and Front-end Developer2010 - 2011Dridco
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Fireworks, FreeMarker, jQuery, CSS, HTML
- Led the design and handled maintenance of the site.
- Generated designs for new products.
- Redesigned existing sections of the website.
- Hand-coded CSS and HTML (standards era).
- Introduced jQuery to the development team.
Web Marketing Designer2008 - 2010Dridco
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), CSS, HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks
- Designed and coded the newsletter.
- Focused on converting landing pages.
- Animated banners and designed graphics.
- Managed clients.