Verified Expert in Engineering
Sony is a reliable software engineer with over three years of experience as a database developer, primarily focusing on databases. She is currently working in a data analytics company and handling millions of transactions per hour. Most of Sony's work consists of back-end architecture designing, ETL processes, performance tuning, Pentaho job optimization, designing interactive dashboards, creating data pipelines, analyzing complex datasets, and mentoring interns and trainees.
Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is Foneloan, a service offered by banks to provide short-term loans to employed individuals through their mobile banking apps.
Verisk Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
- Optimized Pentaho jobs and transformations, which reduced processing time by 83%.
- Migrated the legacy data from Microsoft SQL Server to PostgreSQL.
- Implemented data masking techniques, such as pseudonymization, anonymization, encryption, redaction, shuffling, and scrambling to ensure data governance of personally identifiable information (PII).
- Evaluated the workflow and increased efficiency of data pipelines that process over five Terabytes of data daily.
- Created interactive dashboards using Power BI, making use of measures and DAX to deliver meaningful insights to the business team.
- Identified a root cause of technical bugs raised in production and made necessary changes in ETL to fix them.
- Reviewed source code developed by other developers for A-PLUS Property.
- Designed data models, created schemas and tables, wrote stored procedures, and fine-tuned SQL, reducing processing time by more than 50%.
- Developed KPI dashboards for the business team to review submission details submitted by clients and decide on key factors in no time.
- Prepared the business reports for A-PLUS Property using JasperReports.
- Prepared a Python script for scraping data from Soundchart, Chartmetric, and Spotify to gather music-related data from several APIs for an app in the music industry.
- Prepared complex SQL scripts while migrating data from raw to clean database.
- Provisioned, changed, and improved resources on AWS using Terraform (Infrastructure as a Code).
- Prepared AWS Glue Crawler that uses a custom classifier, making it able to identify schema of all sorts of data available in AWS S3.
- Prepared an ETL pipeline for ingesting transactional data across 10 primary data sources using Pentaho.
- Prepared jobs and transformations in Pentaho Data Integration (PDI), starting from extracting data from the source, performing necessary modifications for calculating facts, and loading relevant information into final tables for reporting.
- Assembled an ETL job that restarts its execution from a failed step, preventing the necessity of re-processing steps that succeeded in the previous execution.
- Implemented a stepwise logging mechanism to keep track of metadata steps, i.e., when the job started, failed, or succeeded.
- Generated dummy data for 25 tables in master and raw databases, using the Faker module in Python and Pentaho.
- Prepared a DAG for scheduling and monitoring ETL pipelines using Apache Airflow.
- Deployed Foneloan as a product in four different Nepalese banks.
- Guided interns to help them understand the ETL process and Pentaho.
- Created relational data tables and designed forms and various reports to meet management needs using Microsoft Access.
Associate Data Engineer
- Evaluated the current architecture of Foneloan and designed the new one that satisfies the diverse requirements of multiple clients while keeping the ETL flow generic.
- Automated the ETL process, eliminating the necessity of manual coding to manage the data flows.
- Performed data cleansing and validation using Pentaho Data Integration (PDI).
- Optimized SQL queries, reducing processing time by more than 50%.
- Increased the efficiency of data fetching by approximately 30%, using query optimization and indexing.
- Ingested data from disparate data sources like SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and CSV to create data views for business intelligence tools.
- Tested the end-to-end flow of the project named Budget, raised bugs, and provided recommendations.
- Performed web scrapping using Python to generate schedules for different airlines.
- Improved overall decision-making by 30% by designing and developing BI reports and providing invaluable insights.
- Organized queries, including merge operations and window functions.
- Assembled stored procedures for performing repetitive queries.
- Prepared triggers to keep track of insert, delete, and update operations performed.
- Researched different ways of handling personally identifiable information.
- Built database structures containing different constraints.
SQL, Python, Snowflake
Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel, Apache Airflow, Microsoft Access, Amazon Athena, Git, Shell, Terraform, AWS Glue, AWS Batch
ETL, Database Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Pentaho, Oracle, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Apache Kafka, Amazon EC2
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Amazon Aurora, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Data Migration, Data Engineering, DataFrames, Data Cleaning, Data Cleansing, Agile Practices, Snowpipe, Scraping, Data Analytics, Personally Identifiable Information (PII), Amazon RDS
JasperReports, Spotify API
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
KL University - Vijayawada, India
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring