Verified Expert in Engineering
Stephen is a full-stack developer with over ten years of experience working professionally as a software engineer. Over the years, he has led the development of a diverse range of products across various industries. Stephen loves working with people to bridge the gap between idea and execution through technology and design.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is MyCompass, a case-management app that gave those living with disabilities a more user-friendly way to engage with technology.
- Helped clients bridge the gap between idea and execution through the use of technology and design.
- Led clients through the entire development process, from requirements gathering and strategy all the way through to deployment.
- Developed and launched various websites ranging from small personal websites to large scale applications responsible for all business operations.
Expert Python Developer
Check Technologies, Inc.
- Integrated third-party APIs such as Zendesk and Modern Treasury to support the operations team and core app functionality.
- Worked closely with the engineering lead to implement new user features to streamline onboarding and improve quality of life.
- Assisted other team members in debugging and problem-solving difficult bugs across the application.
- Used AWS services to deploy and host the application using services such as Lambda, API Gateway, S3, RDS, CloudFront, SQS, etc.
- Wrote automated tests using PyTest and PyUnit, and integrated with CI/CD pipelines to help automate deployments.
Senior Web Application Developer
- Led the development of web and mobile applications for clients across a wide variety of industries, using the most recent web technologies and best practices.
- Designed and developed restful APIs for use with React and mobile applications.
- Integrated applications with 3rd-party services such as Stripe, AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Maintained a heavy focus on user experience and product design throughout all phases of development.
- Developed microservice and monolithic back-end functionality using Python frameworks such as Django and Flask.
- Planned, developed, tested, deployed, and maintained web applications.
- Effectively translated client requirements into application designs and systems requirements.
- Maintained application databases and wrote SQL statements and stored procedures.
- Developed mobile games for iOS and Windows Phone 7.
- Shipped Super Punch, one of the first exclusive Windows Phone 7 games to enter the Microsoft store.
- Oversaw game design and user experience from inception to launch for all games.
Check - A Fintech Product for Payroll Solutionshttp://www.checkhq.com
Resalytics - Financial and Futures Forecastinghttps://stephenbaden.dev/projects/resalytics/
MyCompass - Humanized Planning and Case Managementhttps://www.mycompassplanning.com/
UWalk - Community Fitness Tracking and Engagementhttps://stephenbaden.dev/projects/uwalk/
Django, Flask, Django REST Framework, Jest, Web Frameworks, Express.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Next.js, React Native, MUI (Material UI), Tailwind CSS, Redux, Slim, Bootstrap, Sails.js, Cypress, Electron, .NET, Jinja, Ember.js, Angular, NestJS
React, REST APIs, NumPy, Pandas, Node.js, Web3.js, Amazon API, SQLAlchemy, Gmail API, Google Calendar API, JSON API
Amazon CloudFront CDN, GitHub, RabbitMQ, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Pytest, Logging, SailPoint, Jenkins, Prisma, Amazon Cognito, Figma, Kibana, Celery, PyInstaller, BigQuery, Terraform, Apache Airflow, Slack
Microservices, Test-driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Agile, REST, Unit Testing
AWS Lambda, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), DigitalOcean, Zendesk, Heroku, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Apache Kafka, Blockchain, Azure, Mobile, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, MacOS, iOS
PostgreSQL, JSON, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Redis, PSQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB
Software Development, APIs, User Experience (UX), Fintech, Serverless, Responsive Web Apps, Adaptive Design, Full-stack, Back-end, Amazon RDS, Message Queues, Architecture, Containerization, CI/CD Pipelines, Quality Assurance (QA), Test Case Development, Embedded Systems, User Interface (UI), RESTful Web Services, Project Management & Work Tracking Tools, Software Troubleshooting, App Support, API Integration, Front-end, Front-end Architecture, Web3, Code Review, Estimations, WebSockets, QA Automation, Software Architecture, Storybook, Crypto, eCommerce APIs, Webhooks, Technical Leadership, Vercel, WCAG 2, New Product Development, Applications, GeoPandas, Payment Processing, Payment Gateways, Card Payments, Data Analysis, FastAPI, Pydantic, Zod, Apollo, Networks, Offshore Team Management, Extensions, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), System Design, Algorithms
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Alberta - Edmonton, AB