Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you a visual master at your craft, capable of taking a good idea and making it truly exceptional? Toptal’s Content Marketing team is looking for an Art Director that will be able to generate highly imaginative and inspiring marketing campaigns. If you want to be an integral part of a growing in-house creative team that will elevate the quality and creativity of all marketing activities, we encourage you to apply!
Reporting into the Creative Director, this role will partner with a Copywriter to concept and oversee the production of a myriad of marketing materials, including both brand-building and sales-generating campaigns. This role is expected to consistently deliver conceptual, creative ideas and execute them with perfection, helping ensure the look and feel of the Toptal brand is seen through every visual expression. The role requires both a ‘thinker’ and a ‘doer,” conceptualizing the overall creative ideas and managing the execution of those ideas.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- In partnership with a Copywriter, develop conceptual creative ideas and art direct marketing campaigns, across all channels and platforms, in a way that champions integration. This includes but is not limited to brand, lead generation, social media and email campaigns.
- Ensure all visual expressions of the brand have a strong brand point of view and a consistent look and feel reflective of the Toptal brand.
- Present work amongst the core team as well as cross-functional partners with eloquence and passion.
Ensure perfection in the execution of marketing assets with high production value.
- Assist the Creative Director with the creative and production process for all projects.
- Work closely with the Brand Management team to understand marketing challenges, creative briefs, and audience insights.
- Proactively develop creative ideas that can increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Self-manage workload to deliver all projects on time and in full.
In the first week, expect to:
- Start to meet with the team leads from all Content Marketing teams.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal and the Content Marketing team by gaining an understanding of our brand strategy, guidelines, messaging, and governance processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin to work on a variety of creative projects, developing conceptual ideas and providing art direction for campaigns, with an emphasis on lead generation and organic social media campaigns.
- Begin the process of codifying the brand’s look and feel, with proof of concept across a variety of marketing assets.
- Begin to help oversee creative projects in production.
- Begin creative development on a brand campaign.
- Audit existing marketing assets and begin optimizing to make them more memorable and branded.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully complete a series of lead generation and organic social media campaigns.
- Present brand campaign ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Complete the codification of the Toptal look and feel.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Complete the production of a large-scale brand campaign.
- Continually be optimizing existing campaigns for maximum creative effectiveness.
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Be recognized as a creative force within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and advice.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be seen as an integral member of the creative team at the company for all things related to the brand, pushing the limits of what people believe is possible in regards to quality, and consistently upleveling them.
- 4+ years of experience working as an art director in an agency or in-house marketing team.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality campaign creative through strong conceptual ideas and exceptional production/execution.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience in brand-building initiatives, including (but not limited to) creating highly engaging digital and social experiences.
- Experience with lead generation advertising campaigns (preferably B2B).
- Experience working in a fast-moving, cross-functional environment.
- Collaborative and team oriented approach.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Creative Portfolio School Certificate or equivalent design experience.
- A portfolio featuring a range of creative and integrated campaigns, a diversity of ideas, and approaches to problem solving.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.