As Toptal’s Brand Manager, you will be an essential part of the newly formed brand team, charged with building a world-class brand marketing function to drive awareness of Toptal and all we have to offer. You’ll report to the Brand Director and collaborate with key partners, including Design, Content, PR, Events, Enterprise, and Growth, to develop our campaigns and marketing assets to achieve our goals.
You should have experience in traditional 360 B2B and B2C brand marketing and advertising, as well as the ability to think outside of the box to create unique, guerilla, experiential, and digital experiences. You will be a brand champion, a program manager, and a trusted partner. We will rely on your marketing acumen, your curiosity to learn, and your ability to lead projects and integrated teams.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Collaborate with fast-paced teams across Toptal to develop and execute marketing campaigns and multi-channel programs.
- Provide brand guidance, competitive and audience insights, and clear communication (written and verbal) to peers and stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring all work is created up to our quality standards and follows our brand guidelines perfectly.
- Work with designers, writers, developers, and producers to deliver top-quality marketing tactics, landing pages, and other tangible deliverables.
- Create content to enable our Enterprise and SMB sales partners to position Toptal as the thought leader in the Future of Work space.
- Be the organizational center for the team — manage multiple projects at the same time, which includes developing creative briefs, creating and managing project timelines, and leading flawless execution even when the path to executing deliverables is ambiguous and you are receiving input from multiple stakeholders.
- Track project costs to ensure we are on budget for each initiative.
- Develop in-depth business reporting and comprehensive competitive analyses
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet and work with the VP of Brand Marketing and the Brand Director to understand our overall brand strategy, messaging, guidelines, and processes.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Start to meet with team members from all of the other teams within the Brand Marketing function (content, design, production, publications, social, events, and community).
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key stakeholders.
In the first month you will:
- Meet with other key partners within the organization (PR, growth, enterprise, SMB, talent operations, etc.)
- Conduct a competitive analysis to understand our strategic white space and opportunities to stand out.
- Integrate yourself into the Brand Marketing function team.
- Start working on some priority initiatives by developing creative briefs in partnership with our partners, and briefing creative and production teams accordingly.
In the first three months you will:
- Launch your first initiative to drive awareness of Toptal with the Enterprise audience.
- Brainstorm unique initiatives and ideas to break through with the Enterprise and SMB audiences.
- Partner with the Brand Director to identify additional projects and opportunities within the organization.
In the first six months you will:
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Execute multiple projects and initiatives successfully.
In the first year you will:
- Be seen as a brand champion within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and guidance on branding.
- Strong professional background as part of a successful marketing team, including direct experience developing and executing marketing campaigns and tactics in multiple channels, including video, OOH/print, email, events, websites, digital, social, etc.
- Able to develop creative briefs that include insights, data, and clear direction on what’s needed and what success looks like.
- Agency experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience delivering marketing materials (case studies, white papers, etc.) for B2B professional services is preferred.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and an unwillingness to compromise on the quality of both messaging and design.
- Experience with the nuances of different forms of marketing tactics and how to adapt messaging and design to each form.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with individuals across a variety of functions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.