Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Client Experience Specialist at Toptal, you will play a major role in maintaining the company’s commitment to world-class client experience. You will have the opportunity to work in a cross-functional capacity with other client and talent-facing Toptal teams to quickly and effectively resolve issues, while also promoting a culture of continuously improving client services.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will work with an amazing team to drive client experience processes and initiatives. You will have a unique opportunity for real-world training through working both in active collaboration with other client-facing teams at Toptal and directly with the clients to identify, address, and resolve issues. As you experience success, you will take ownership of assigned client experience tasks and continue to collaborate with client-facing teams across Toptal to find ways to improve client experience.
In the first week you will:
- Meet the team and get to know the amazing group of hardworking professionals that work on the front lines and in the trenches.
- Jump into real-time, real-world training with real clients and real issues.
- Start to understand the moving parts that make up the Toptal business model.
In the first month you will:
- Gain familiarity with both the talent and client lifecycle at Toptal.
- Learn more about Toptal’s organizational structure and how the various teams directly or indirectly influence the client experience.
- Have the opportunity to shadow the different facets of the business to gain real-world insight into how we operate as a company.
In the first three months you will:
- Gain comprehensive working knowledge of the client experience from start to finish.
In the first six months you will:
- Gain full familiarity with Toptal’s dispute management process and own the Client Experience portion of that process.
- Actively engage with multiple teams at Toptal and work collaboratively to review and report on client and talent satisfaction metrics.
In the first year you will:
- Be seen as an expert related to the client experience and dispute management process.
- Continue to identify, own, and drive forward key client engagement initiatives.
- Exceptional interpersonal communicator, both in written and spoken word.
- Must be able to build strong, professional relationships.
- A strong history of successful client experience, preferably in a team setting where decisions/action items were the result of a consensus.
- Must be capable of diffusing issues easily and effectively.
- Must be a strong performer in high-pressure situations.
- To excel at this role, you must be optimistic and persistent. You have the ability to win friends and influence people.
- Independent. Proactive. Self-motivated. Introduces new ideas and opportunities without instruction to do so.
- Authoritative. Able to say “no” when it’s easier to say “yes” and be willing to draw a hard line. At the same time, must possess strong ability to determine when a situation calls for additional internal investigation.
- Knowledge in the software development field a significant plus.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Sarah is a client services professional who is passionate about creating results-driven, scalable processes to promote exemplary client experiences. With a degree in Communications from Boston College, she has more than 10 years of experience in the customer service sector; 20, if you count hospitality (she does). Prior to Toptal, she was the Director of Client Success at Software Advice, a Gartner company. She lives, works, and eats a lot of tacos in Austin, Texas.