Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Designer (Brand and Marketing) at Toptal, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact among a group of highly collaborative and smart colleagues who deeply value innovation and quality. You will elevate the overall brand expression of Toptal by providing graphic design support on key initiatives and by owning specific design projects. You will take direction from senior-level designers who will mentor you and guide your process. As you learn to design efficiently and collaborate remotely with colleagues, you will bridge the divide between business strategy and design strategy. You will have access to in-house developers and illustrators, providing opportunities to further expand your collaboration skills. You will design and produce a range of branded experiences, from landing pages to event graphics.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will join a group of seasoned designers as a junior member of the team. You will have proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop, among other design-related software. You will contribute to Toptal’s success by taking full ownership of assigned design projects and by supporting design colleagues in the production of larger initiatives. You will take your craft seriously, delivering error-free files to developers, vendors or printers. Among the projects you’ll contribute to are: banner ads, social media assets, landing pages, event graphics (and experiences) and branded swag. In addition to contributing to the overall brand expression of Toptal, you will also have the opportunity to work with amazing designers and illustrators and expand your capabilities.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Study the brand guidelines.
- Set up your personal computer for efficient collaboration.
- Meet the design team and marketing partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Design a suite of high-impact banner ads.
- Assist a senior designer in creating a range of social media campaign assets.
- Design an e-book.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Ensure you are fully integrated with the design team.
- Build a high-visibility presentation for senior executives.
- Brainstorm with colleagues outside of the design team to generate new marketing ideas.
- Assist a senior designer in creating a full suite of campaign materials.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be fully integrated into the design team.
- Feel comfortable soliciting feedback from design colleagues.
- Have established yourself as an organized, creative and helpful design partner to non-design colleagues.
- Have designed several branded TopGear items.
- Be an authority on the Toptal visual language.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have consistently provided strong design support to your design peers and non-design colleagues.
- See your work out in the world on toptal.com, on social media platforms and at Toptal-sponsored events.
- 3 years of professional design experience beyond university.
- BA (or equivalent) in graphic design.
- Stunning portfolio of design work (may include student work if necessary).
- Strong communication skills, i.e. clear, assertive, helpful, good listener.
- Possess a desire to learn about digital marketing.
- Ability to collaborate, brainstorm and problem solve within a group.
- Ability to graciously take direction and accept feedback.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for your deliverables.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.