Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As the Director of Recruiting with Toptal, you will continue to grow and develop the recruiting function within a high-growth and rapidly scaling environment. You will lead, mentor and develop an internationally-distributed team of experienced recruiters to reach their full potential. You will help us evaluate current processes, propose and execute changes. Above all, you will set the tone for ensuring a fantastic candidate experience and a world-class recruiting and interviewing process.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
Working alongside our VP of People, you will be responsible for the success of the Recruiting function. You will run the day to day operations of a growing Recruiting team within an organization that is in a hyper-growth period. You will provide expertise based on your prior experience in the recruiting field to help improve recruiting processes and procedures. You will help align KPI’s and metrics for success and produce repeatable reporting for stakeholders and executives. You will build relationships with executives and leaders from every function of the business. When necessary, you will be willing to roll up your sleeves and help the team with recruiting activities such as sourcing, reviewing profiles, interviewing, negotiating with and closing candidates. You will synergize Recruiting with Human Resources and Onboarding to ensure a world-class new-hire experience.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Spend time with all of your new team members in Recruiting and People.
- Learn Toptal’s model, value proposition and story.
- Learn about Toptal’s organizational structure, including each team’s focus and how they interact.
In the first month you will:
- Meet with stakeholders and hiring managers across different functions of the company, developing cross-functional relationships and learning about individual teams and hiring profiles.
- Deep dive into the current function - operations, processes, technology & systems.
- Develop regular communication cadence within existing team members and recruiting pod leaders.
In the first three months you will:
- Evaluate KPI & metrics, optimizing as needed
- Lead quarterly planning and budgeting initiatives
- Ensure team optimization, interviewing and hiring for the team as necessary
In the first six months you will:
- Work with VP of Brand Marketing and VP of People on employer branding roadmap and content marketing for recruiting.
- Vision and develop systems for sustainable talent pools & continual pipelining
- Evaluate existing systems and technology tools and revise/upgrade as necessary
- At least 10 years of recruiting experience, with at least 5 years experience leading a growing Recruiting team of at least five direct reports in a high-growth environment.
- Experience leading recruiting in an organization with ambitious acquisition goals.
- Prior experience as a recruiter, with a preference recruiting both in-house and with an agency. An expertise in sourcing, recruitment, and employer branding is highly preferred.
- Experience recruiting for a global organization across multiple geographies is highly preferred.
- Prior recruiting experience across different skill sets (Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Prior experience managing a budget and measuring success.
- Communication. Our clients are global, our talent community is global, and our core team is global. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to build rapid connections with a wide range of stakeholders and team members, across a wide range of geographies.
- Emotional Intelligence. You can read people exceptionally quickly, understand the complexities of managing up in a distributed environment and empower those you work with to solve problems. You have been a recruiter previously and can understand and relate to the daily challenges of the team.
- Data-Driven. You believe in the power of data and constantly strived to improve the team’s access to quality data to support business decisions, with an expertise in KPI’s in recruiting.
- Hustle. You understand how to build from the ground up and will dive in and do whatever is needed to drive growth.
- Resourcefulness. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with leading your portion of the business.
- Adaptability. You should be able to identify opportunities, successes, and failures quickly and act upon them in a thoughtful manner.
- Passion. Our goal is to change the way organizations build teams and how the world’s top talent finds opportunities. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate of the change we are driving in the market.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the success of the Recruiting function.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s VP of People, Michelle leads People and Recruiting, to ensure that we attract and retain top talent and that each Toptal core team member is set up for success as they onboard and start their journey at Toptal. Michelle and her team collaborate with all teams to ensure that their performance, career path, benefits, and training all contribute to a positive and challenging work environment that pushes each team member to be the best contributor and have the most impact to the organization. Michelle also ensures that each team member is culturally aligned with Toptal’s key values and company vision. Michelle has over 20 years in HR and Recruiting field in various industries and holds a BA in Political Science from the University of Arizona.