Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead sales enablement and operations in support of Toptal’s customer centric strategy under the direction of the VP, SMB Sales and in partnership with Business Analytics. You will have the vision and passion to lead the SMB sales enablement and operations efforts. You will be comfortable operating independently and will bring your own expertise to implement a best-in-class sales enablement and operations function- while maintaining fiscal responsibility through efficiency gains and cost/benefit analysis. In order to be a successful leader at Toptal, you must have a keen attention to detail, be driven, have an ability to critically think through problems, all while being an inspiring leader to your team.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the world. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
This is a player-coach role responsible for designing and executing the SMB sales operations strategy along with the Sales Enablement Manager. You will lead the development of sales processes, playbooks, dashboard and reporting initiatives, sales training and compensation plans. By monitoring and responding to key performance indicators, you will ensure that the SMB sales teams are performing at optimum levels and maximizing effectiveness and efficiency.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal leadership.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working closely alongside- particularly Business Analytics.
In the first month you will:
- Assess our performance dashboards, playbooks, tools and training programs.
- Work closely with the SMB leadership team to identify gaps in process that hinder efficiency and develop actionable plans to address.
- Take ownership of the sales enablement and operations function within SMB and be responsible for managing up to the VP, SMB Sales.
In the first three months you will:
- Develop sales enablement strategy and operations to ensure SMB growth targets including inbound sales and relationship management disciplines.
- Launch new playbooks, sales processes, KPIs and training programs to support SMB’s customer centric strategy and have them incorporated into the Product platform.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a continuous improvement cadence to refine and update processes as the business adapts to changes in the marketplace.
- Partner with SMB leadership to own cost and revenue impact analysis resulting from introduction of new business verticals or sales channels.
In the first year you will:
- Have successfully refined sales enablement and operations to exceed sales goals.
- Exhibit a track record of successfully mentoring, coaching and train SMB employees.
- Continue to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Knowledgeable. Broad understanding of business and technical challenges encountered by mid-size businesses and hypergrowth companies and a demonstrated ability to utilize data to drive decisions for SMB sales.
- Experienced. You have experience employing best practices in sales enablement and operations- resulting in a track record of success.
- Critical thinking. This is a highly analytical role, so you must be comfortable working with large amounts of data, but with a keen eye on the primary drivers that impact the SMB sales team’s ability to exceed their goals.
- Client Focus. You must be relationship driven and obsessive about your client’s success- both internally and externally. This extends to the talent we provide, the experience we offer and the outcomes we deliver.
- Motivated. You must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, striving for continuous improvement both personally and professionally.
- Resourceful. You will own the sales enablement and operations function of the SMB business- we want self-starters who are passionate and who thrive on the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Proactive. You must be able to understand our mission and do the work required to drive us to that goal, without being told. You are not here to be reactive.
- Communication. Communication is the lifeblood of your relationships both internal and external to Toptal. You need to reflect excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively both laterally and vertically among teams.
- Team. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work as a team both within Toptal and with our more important clients.
- Ownership. You need to exhibit ownership of your successes and your failures.
- Problem Solver. We are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems your role is meant to solve. You need the ability to take those in stride and persist despite setbacks.
- Priorities. The nature of this role requires that you understand the priorities and timelines associated with the direction of the SMB business, and execute appropriately with those in mind.
- As with all roles at Toptal, you must be an outstanding contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LIDNI