Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an Enterprise Delivery Manager, you will be the main point of contact and trusted project advisor for Toptal Enterprise clients and will be responsible for delivering outstanding client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships, and serving as the primary escalation point for clients and the project team.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in delivering digital products and a solid understanding of software development using many methodologies, with a heavy emphasis on Agile/Scrum, in order to consult on best practices with C-level executives on client teams.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world, but frequent travel to client sites required.
- Work with Toptal’s sales teams to secure new clients by leading the preparation of client proposals and statements of work
- Work with Toptal’s internal teams to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skillsets for each client project
- Support and manage Toptal talent teams with multiple roles including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, and Designers
- Direct the execution and delivery of client projects on client site
- Drive structure and content for status and stakeholder meetings
- Consult with senior client stakeholders to determine best practices for project delivery
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle
- Navigate corporate Enterprise nuanced personnel interdependencies to form long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships while delivering outstanding software
- Work with the client and Toptal Projects team to handle overall project management including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet colleagues in our sales, talent, and operational teams to begin your onboarding journey at Toptal.
In the first month you will:
- Learn about our delivery model, shadow colleagues on existing engagements, and begin leading project pursuits.
In the first three months you will:
- Travel to client sites to lead project kickoffs with teams you have built from our talent network.
In the first six months you will:
- Launch exciting new products for clients around the world.
In the first year you will:
- Have established your own go-to teams of software development professionals, established a portfolio of ongoing delivery initiatives, and learned more about digital product development than you could with any other company.
- Travel required: 80%
- 5+ years of experience working in technology consulting or software delivery management
- Strong understanding of technology and multiple methodologies for software development
- 3+ years of experience as a project manager
- Ability to establish and grow strong working relationships with clients
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience using a variety of PM tooling including JIRA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with audiences of all levels, including strong presentation development and delivery
- You must be self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #ussouth #northeast #ustech