Executive Creative Director
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for an Executive Creative Director to join our Marketing team. Are you a master at your craft, capable of taking a good idea and making it truly exceptional? If so, we encourage you to apply!
In this new role, you will be responsible for elevating the quality and creativity of the work generated throughout the Marketing team. To excel, you must have a consistent track record of telling great stories, for any platform, that drive brand awareness, and engagement. We are seeking a conceptual problem solver to oversee marketing campaigns that support both brand-building and sales-generating initiatives, ensuring that all work delivers against our exceptionally high standards. This role reports directly to the CMO.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Develop a strong point-of-view of the brand and guide the company in creating a compelling brand.
- Determine the creative strategy and develop insights-based creative ideas for brand-building initiatives, lead generation activity, and sales enablement materials.
- Oversee the execution of all marketing campaigns, across all channels and platforms, in a way that champions integration.
- Nurture strong cross-functional relationships and help key stakeholders understand and embrace your creative direction.
- Work closely with the CMO & VP of Brand Strategy to manage and source freelance talent and vendors as needed, as well as recruit and onboard new hires.
In the first week, expect to:
- Start to meet with the team leads from all Marketing teams.
- Understand the fundamentals of Toptal and what sets us apart.
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal and the Marketing team by gaining an understanding of our brand strategy, guidelines, messaging, and governance processes.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of the team and key partners.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet with other SLT (senior leadership team) peers and Executive leads to get an overview of our full business, team structures, and opportunities.
- Begin to recruit for new full time hires to bolster in-house resources.
- Work with the CMO & VP of Brand Strategy to prioritize projects based on strategic business importance and creative opportunity.
- Begin to review and approve campaigns and oversee production.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Complete hiring process for all open copywriter and art director positions.
- Partner with the CMO & VP of Brand Strategy to audit marketing and sales communications to determine what’s on or off-brand.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Close major gaps revealed through the audit.
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Be recognized as a creative leader within the organization, and someone teams go to for input and mentorship on branding.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be seen as the creative authority at the company for all things related to the brand, pushing the limits of what people believe is possible in regards to quality, and consistently upleveling them.
- 20+ years of experience working in an agency or in-house marketing team, including 5+ years of management experience with increasing responsibility.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality campaign creative through strong conceptual ideas and outstanding creative direction.
- Extensive experience in brand-building initiatives, including (but not limited to) creating highly engaging digital and social experiences.
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel.
- This is a new role, so we need someone who is familiar with building and integrating a new discipline into the wider Content Marketing organization.
- A portfolio featuring a wide range of creative and integrated campaigns, a diversity of ideas, and approaches to problem-solving.
- Proficient with B2B lead generation and sales enablement materials.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, cross-functional environment.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.