Head of Client Experience
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Head of Client Experience, you will lead and manage the world-class Client Experience team at Toptal. You will be responsible for refining and executing all policies, systems, and team structures necessary to maintain the highest level of client experience at a global company working around the clock. You will build and manage teams and take ownership over optimization of team performance. You will work closely with clients and the appropriate internal teams at Toptal to quickly and effectively resolve issues. You will also work extensively with sales teams on a variety of initiatives.
You will be the primary person responsible for maintaining and continuously improving Toptal’s commitment to providing world-class client experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Lead, organize, and drive execution within the client experience team.
- Track, analyze, report on, and optimize client experience metrics.
- Analyze operational trends and communicate issues to appropriate team leads as needed.
- Identify areas for improvement in client experience, develop initiatives to address these areas, and lead the team in executing and optimizing these initiatives swiftly and effectively.
- Develop and improve client experience best practices and playbooks that reflect Toptal’s commitment to achieving the highest standard of client satisfaction, and use these materials to train new team members effectively.
- Lead the team in communicating effectively with clients and addressing issues rapidly and fully, either through direct action or by pulling in other relevant parties and seeing problems through to their full resolution.
- Work closely with the accounting and HR departments to identify the roots of potential problems and develop sustainable solutions that are effective in the long-term.
- Support the VP of Sales, VP of Enterprise Sales, and various sales team members by leading efforts to conduct research on and build relations with prospective clients.
- Lead weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Communicate constantly with your team via Zoom.
- You must be a strong performer in high-pressure situations and be capable of diffusing situations easily and effectively.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in the software development field and basic experience with accounting are both a significant plus.
- A strong ability to quickly understand Toptal’s organizational structure and internal processes, and a knack for being able to quickly determine who relevant parties for a particular issue might be.
- You must excel at analyzing data and communicating complex concepts and situations in clear, simple terms.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.