Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
The Toptal Core Team has scaled rapidly, and it is critical that Toptal’s cultural values of personal growth and mentorship and our remote work best practices remain strong throughout the organization. As the Learning & Development Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful onboarding of all new hires and the continued learning and development of all core team members.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Ensure all new hires are successfully onboarded and properly set up for long-term success at the company.
- Coordinate between different team leaders to ensure all tasks related to the onboarding process are completed effectively.
- Manage a variety of technologies and trackers to ensure every step of new employee setup is completed flawlessly and on time.
- Develop learning tools, document onboarding processes and checklists, and evolve a variety of other forms of onboarding materials.
- Identify onboarding issues and work with the appropriate people to find long-term solutions.
- Build, enhance, and spread Toptal’s culture throughout all levels of the organization.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- You must be proactive and love interacting with others.
- You must equally love working with spreadsheets and maintaining trackers.
- Familiarity with Skype, Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Sites is a must.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must have an exceptional ability to deal with multiple priorities.
- You must be flexible to accommodate onboarding needs in time zones around the world (i.e. 9 to 5 is not the norm).
- You need to be comfortable interacting with global teams, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify issues impeding team and individual growth and a sense for how to fix those problems.
- Experience creating onboarding materials and training documents that are professional and polished.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- With degrees in Human Resource Management and Adult Education and a wealth of experience building HR functions from the ground up, Jen spearheads all people operations initiatives at Toptal. Having led Learning and Leadership Development at Angie's List before joining Toptal, she specializes in leadership training, talent acquisition, performance management, and launching and scaling company-wide initiatives. As the Head of People Operations, Jen is Toptal's primary culture carrier, overseeing the onboarding process for all new hires, leading the continued learning and development of all team members, and ensuring that Toptal's values remain strong as it scales.