Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
We’re looking for passionate, self-starting Designers for our Growth and Experience teams to help us define how people interact with Toptal. You’ll create beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help users discover and connect with resources they need in truly innovative ways.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects with a team of top designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of design every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful product designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Representing our clients or talent in discussions of new products and overall product strategy.
- Advocating for good user experience across our website and products.
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems.
- Contributing to our evolving brand and design system.
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and customer feedback.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic insight to team members.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- Proficiency with various prototyping tools (such as Sketch, InVision), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process (personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals).
- A passion for solving design problems while – owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research).
- Exceptional UI abilities, a keen eye for good design shown and an extensive portfolio of live projects.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Hector has led product organizations at companies of all sizes, from 20-person startups to 100K+ employee corporations, spearheading the development of new company-defining products from concept to launch as well as significantly growing existing products. He has an Electrical Engineering & Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley and began his career in engineering roles at Cisco and Veraz Networks before transitioning into lead product positions at Wyse Technologies, Dell, Loggly, and now Toptal.
- With experience as a lead engineer at Fotolog (acquired by Hi-Media for $100m) and Slide (acquired by Google for $228m), as well as experience with his own start-ups, Taso brings top engineering knowledge and management experience to Toptal. While running a small engineering consulting firm, Taso recognized that while many of his co-workers overseas were just as good as his friends and colleagues at Google, Facebook, and other companies with distinguished engineering talent, it was simply very difficult for such companies to connect with the right engineers remotely. Toptal was thus created as a solution to the sky-rocketing demand for top engineers in Silicon Valley, the US, and Europe despite the shrinking local graduation rates of such engineers. Taso was recently selected by Forbes as one of its 30 under 30 in Enterprise Technology.