Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
We’re looking for passionate, self-starting Designers for our Growth and Experience teams to help us define how people interact with Toptal. You’ll create beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help users discover and connect with resources they need in truly innovative ways.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects with a team of top designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of design every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful product designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Representing our clients or talent in discussions of new products and overall product strategy.
- Advocating for good user experience across our website and products.
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems.
- Contributing to our evolving brand and design system.
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and customer feedback.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic insight to team members.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- Proficiency with various prototyping tools (such as Sketch, InVision), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process (personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals).
- A passion for solving design problems while – owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research).
- Exceptional UI abilities, a keen eye for good design shown and an extensive portfolio of live projects.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Product, Kleanthis is responsible for the evolution of Toptal's platform and associated products, working closely with Toptal's Operations and Engineering Teams to drive and support Toptal's hypergrowth by providing an amazing experience for our clients and talent. He specializes in online marketplaces, with diverse experience that includes time with multi-national companies like Microsoft and McKinsey, with early and late stage startups, and as a start-up founder himself. Kleanthis holds a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science and an MBA, starting his career as a software engineer before transitioning to strategy consulting and finally to product management, where he leverages technology and data to drive business impact.
- Jin has been designing for the web since the mid '90s. Throughout his long career in design he has worked in agencies, corporate, government and startups. Before joining Toptal, Jin was the design manager at Stack Overflow where he built and led a fully remote team of diverse and talented product and marketing designers, creative directors, and UX researchers. Jin also has a background in computer engineering and programmed professionally. As the VP of Design at Toptal, Jin sets the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure to achieve world-class design status for the business. Jin and his design team collaborate closely with product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale.