Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We’re looking for passionate, self-starting Designers for our Growth and Experience teams to help us define how people interact with Toptal. You’ll create beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help users discover and connect with resources they need in truly innovative ways.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects with a team of top designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of design every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful product designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will represent our clients and talent in discussions of new products and overall product strategy. You will advocate for good user experience across our website and our products. You will ship high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems. You will share and review your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and customer feedback. By providing your thought leadership and strategic insight, you will contribute to our evolving brand and design system.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
In the first month you will:
- Collaborate with PMs and other designers to ship your first product features
- Learn about our design system
In the first three months you will:
- Gain great business knowledge and get familiar with internal operations
- Work on multiple products and features
- Contribute to our Design System
In the first six months you will:
- Help our design team to improve by bettering our process
- Come up with new ideas for our products and features
- Become the lead designer for a dedicated project
- Proficiency with various prototyping tools (such as Sketch, InVision), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process (personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals).
- A passion for solving design problems while – owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research).
- Exceptional UI abilities, a keen eye for good design shown and an extensive portfolio of live projects.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Jin has been designing for the web since the mid '90s. Throughout his long career in design he has worked in agencies, corporate, government and startups. Before joining Toptal, Jin was the design manager at Stack Overflow where he built and led a fully remote team of diverse and talented product and marketing designers, creative directors, and UX researchers. Jin also has a background in computer engineering and programmed professionally. As the VP of Design at Toptal, Jin sets the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure to achieve world-class design status for the business. Jin and his design team collaborate closely with product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale.
- As Toptal's VP of Product, Kleanthis is responsible for the evolution of Toptal's platform and associated products, working closely with Toptal's Operations and Engineering Teams to drive and support Toptal's hypergrowth by providing an amazing experience for our clients and talent. He specializes in online marketplaces, with diverse experience that includes time with multi-national companies like Microsoft and McKinsey, with early and late stage startups, and as a start-up founder himself. Kleanthis holds a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science and an MBA, starting his career as a software engineer before transitioning to strategy consulting and finally to product management, where he leverages technology and data to drive business impact.