Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Regional Director it is required to have experience as a leader in a large, global consulting firm. You will help our clients build amazing teams with Toptal’s elite talent. Toptal only accepts the best - we accept less than 3% of applicants, and we connect organizations to the talent they need with unmatched speed and efficiency. On average, we provide less than two candidates per hire, find candidates in less than 24 hours, and have a 98% success rate. We help organizations build amazing teams, providing everything from key individuals to whole teams - imagine what you could do with such a powerful model.
This is a remote position, however, onsite meetings with clients are required.
Regional Director - London. As a Regional Director at Toptal, you will be responsible for all activities in your region, and you will run that region as if it is your own business. You will work together with teams and stakeholders at all levels to ensure your region is growing and that you are providing the best possible opportunities to the talent community and the best possible experience to your clients. You will build and lead a world-class team, leading by example with a “get-things-done” attitude while driving positive cross-team integration with a unified approach to successful delivery.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month you will:
- Complete our personalized training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin to establish a business plan for your region.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months you will:
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, stakeholders, and team members in your portfolio.
- Provide strategic assistance for all clientswithin your portfolio, ensure customer satisfaction, and support the talent engaged with your customers.
- Develop a holistic plan for your region, including target clients, financial projections, and hiring plans.
In the first six months you will:
- Build and lead your regional team.
- Establish a base of new clients that will serve as the foundation for future growth.
- Working with your team, expand the scope of engagement(s) at existing accounts in your region, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of Toptal’s involvement at your accounts.
In the first year you will:
- Have built a strong, high-performing region with incredible client accounts and a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and positively engaged team members.
- Have built the foundation of a world-class, high-performing team, while continuing to grow both your team and your own client portfolio.
- 6+ years of experience working at a large, global Management Consulting firm is required to be considered for the role.
- 10-20 years’ experience working with high-performing professional services organizations in increasing degrees of client and company leadership.
- Experience managing/leading a team of direct reports.
- Passion for client service and client impact.
- Experience managing a large, diverse portfolio of client accounts in a services business.
- Track record of delivering high-impact solutions and experiences.
- Track record of developing high-impact senior relationships.
- In-depth understanding of the technology services industry.
- Success in playing a leading role within a matrixed organization.
- Poise, executive presence, and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong professional services sales management knowledge and experience (preferred but not required).
- You must be a world-class leader to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do, but to coach, team members to excel in their role.
- A commitment to being part of a world-class, industry-changing company. We work hard and move fast.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
Anywhere (full remote)
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.