Senior Client & Talent Support Specialist
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Senior Client & Talent Support Specialist, you will work with a forward-thinking, globally distributed, and fully remote team whose job is to provide exceptional customer service with a strong support-centered philosophy.
As a member of our Toptal Support team, you will serve as a primary point of contact for Toptal clients, talent and internal stakeholders, independently managing a high volume of inquiries via multiple support channels (email, phone, online chat) and addressing inquiries ranging from simple account updates to resolving complex billing and/or project questions. As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for backup support and escalations, troubleshooting, training and assisting new hires, and other special projects, as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to own and effectively resolve client and talent inquiries, issues, and concerns while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will continuously approach problems with a solution-oriented mindset and see each situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Provide support to clients and talent using several communication tools (email, chat, and phone).
- Provide backup support for times of high volume, or emergency situations, as needed.
- Effectively manage a high call volume of both inbound and outbound calls. Partner with internal teams to resolve client and talent inquiries as needed.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert by maintaining a working knowledge of all Toptal service offerings and policies.
- Build strong relationships with clients and talent by consistently resolving inquiries with a minimal number of requests and going the extra mile.
- Act with a sense of urgency in resolving client and talent issues and have the judgment to include the proper people or teams to resolve.
- Handle escalated cases and assist clients and talent who need immediate attention, as needed in the absence of management.
- Provide support to new and existing team members by assisting with training and learning new tasks.
- Have the opportunity to work on special projects and initiatives.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems Toptal utilizes to offer timely and exceptional client support.
- Complete customized onboarding to successfully navigate through the organization and understand the moving parts that make up the Toptal business model.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of the talent industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized Toptal Support training program, including mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Familiarize yourself with the extensive support materials available to successfully support our clients and talent.
- Learn the key internal and external stakeholders and how clients and talent can best be served by the different Toptal teams during their lifecycle.
- Have a solid understanding of the Toptal platform as it relates to clients and the most frequent request processes.
- Effectively and independently handle simple client and talent inquiries.
- Gain comprehensive working knowledge of the client experience from start to finish.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Have a strong understanding of Toptal’s issue resolution process and own the CSC portion of that process.
- Actively engage with internal teams at Toptal and work collaboratively to review and resolve assigned support tasks.
- Learn to effectively balance tasks to ensure the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be fully confident acting as a primary point of contact for Toptal for internal stakeholders and clients.
- Follow a solid workflow for accessing information via a variety of systems and support materials, and feel confident training new team members on these processes and materials.
- Exhibit a successful track record of hitting resolution SLAs.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become a productive, collaborative, and consistent contributor on the team.
- Actively participate in the onboarding, training, and support of new team members and assist in the development and maintenance of training materials.
- Ensure the Toptal client experience is consistently world-class throughout all phases of the client and talent lifecycle.
- Be seen as an expert related to the client and talent experience
- Continue to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in customer service over a variety of communication channels (email, Slack, and chat).
- Knowledge of the software development field is a significant plus.
- Must be a strong performer in high volume, high-pressure situations
- Collaborative. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, customer-centric relationships, both internally and externally.
- Team-oriented. Cooperative and promotes an environment of continuous improvement.
- Problem solver. Must be capable of uncovering issues and resolving them quickly and effectively.
- Time management. Must be able to work independently and manage time and resources efficiently; can successfully manage competing priorities.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.